Visibility Change On The Way

Glad To Be Green

I couldn't agrre more that our current situation from a visibilty standpoint is not good. While the University has invested in billboards and ads they have never been about Athletics. With the budget we currently have we have been able to purchase a rotation on an LED board at Swisher Road pushing the new stadium but thats not enough impact on a regular basis.

But that will all change soon. By late spring our new interstate LED boards at the stadium will hit eveyone that travels up and down I-35 right in the the face. The west face of our new home will carry a big, beautiful University of North Texas 130 feet in the air. In addition the University is beginning work on a Home Team concept that will make us (it includes athletics) much more visible in the region. And despite the information posted in some places our restaurant partners program is bigger and stronger (now at 40) than ever including Rudy's and Texas Roadhouse.

But that doesn't finish the job. We need to have businessse put up flags and GO MEAN GREEN on their readerboards. We now have many businesses that are wearing green on Fridays, including the City of Denton employees but it needs to extend to all alums. And everyone must help. At LSU we didn't have to carry all the weight, because the Alumni Association and many other entities of the university used athletics as a vehicle. We must do the same.

In the end, to bring this all together we must win. Doesn't matter about the other opportunities out there because we can't make them go away. We just hae to quit using them as an excuse. Let's stop spreading incorrect information and if someone is not returning your call, then call me, because I think I have proven I will communicate. Put on a Green shirt. make others do the same and make your way to the games. Bright days are just ahead.

RV

We truly appreciate you taking the time you have in the last couple days to keep us in the loop and up to speed RV. Keep it up por favor!

Thanks RV! I believe in Denton and UNT and this community has been dying or a winner for a while now. With all of the effort and new facilities the university is showing it's commitment. The rest of us, not necessarily GMG folks but us alumni in general, need to show ours.

I am looking forward to the massive increase in visibility because in DFW people know us.... But they don't know about us. It is time for that to change. With the new stadium, athletics fee, coach, kickass basketball team and those of us alums who are engaged and energized we can do just that. All of these things, combined with hope for a bright football future and prompt winning leads me to believe that this thing is ripe to explode!

Wear green, sport the logo on our cars, speak with positive tones about our great university! It is a good day to b green because that is what we are, and UNT gives us alot to be proud of. The next step is REAL winning football!

I couldn't agrre more that our current situation from a visibilty standpoint is not good. While the University has invested in billboards and ads they have never been about Athletics. With the budget we currently have we have been able to purchase a rotation on an LED board at Swisher Road pushing the new stadium but thats not enough impact on a regular basis.

But that will all change soon. By late spring our new interstate LED boards at the stadium will hit eveyone that travels up and down I-35 right in the the face. The west face of our new home will carry a big, beautiful University of North Texas 130 feet in the air. In addition the University is beginning work on a Home Team concept that will make us (it includes athletics) much more visible in the region. And despite the information posted in some places our restaurant partners program is bigger and stronger (now at 40) than ever including Rudy's and Texas Roadhouse.

But that doesn't finish the job. We need to have businessse put up flags and GO MEAN GREEN on their readerboards. We now have many businesses that are wearing green on Fridays, including the City of Denton employees but it needs to extend to all alums. And everyone must help. At LSU we didn't have to carry all the weight, because the Alumni Association and many other entities of the university used athletics as a vehicle. We must do the same.

In the end, to bring this all together we must win. Doesn't matter about the other opportunities out there because we can't make them go away. We just hae to quit using them as an excuse. Let's stop spreading incorrect information and if someone is not returning your call, then call me, because I think I have proven I will communicate. Put on a Green shirt. make others do the same and make your way to the games. Bright days are just ahead.

RV

Rick, Thanks for updating us die hards with new information. I'd love to hear more.

This really excites me. I can't wait to hear the details when this is announced.

Edited by UNTFan23

The west face of our new home will carry a big, beautiful University of North Texas 130 feet in the air. In addition the University is beginning work on a Home Team concept that will make us (it includes athletics) much more visible in the region.

truly a landmark for the program. finally a much needed regional campaign that includes athletics. thanks rv

You just have to smile. Thanks, Rick. Good things are happening at UNT...one needs only to open their eyes and take a look. It "ain't your father's UNT" any more, and that doesn't only apply to athletic facilities.

GO MEAN GREEN!

RV

I saw your interview yesterday and was quite impressed...but I have perspective...I can remember , while a grad student at UNT in the 70's, setting in the stands at Fouts in the rain with maybe a few hundred fans watching football. The changes that have come about at UNT since you have taken over as AD are nothing less than astounding....I am a big fan (x with the TD hire) and realize you are the best AD we have ever had...we owe you and some others like UNT Flyer a tremendous amount of graditude.

We truely have a great opportunity to turn this progran, and more importantly, the culture of UNT football around....I am sure you are the man to do it....thanks again.