Ouch!

eulessismore

Well, they did just over a hundred yards offensively, but no points. I guess at least they lost by an interesting score, 5-0. Distracted by events in Texas? One wonders.

Northern Alabama falls to Valdosta State, 5-0.

That was their first loss of the year. Kind of a freak game if you ask me. Still, I'm with ya. They went 11-2 last year, won a conference championship, and the season ended with a triple overtime loss in the D II playoff quarterfinals, all in his FIRST YEAR there.

Without a doubt this is the splash type hire we need.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

At this point, anything is better than Todd Dodge. What I don't like about it is that I feel the players are getting cheated by this level of coaching. There have been so many close losses under Dodge, that it makes you wonder 'what if there was a different coaching regime in there?' I feel like the kids would have quite a few wins actually. That's sad. And supposedly after the game TD just said a prayer with his team and left the locker room without addressing them. Bad, bad, bad...

• Upvote 1

At this point, anything is better than Todd Dodge. What I don't like about it is that I feel the players are getting cheated by this level of coaching. There have been so many close losses under Dodge, that it makes you wonder 'what if there was a different coaching regime in there?' I feel like the kids would have quite a few wins actually. That's sad. And supposedly after the game TD just said a prayer with his team and left the locker room without addressing them. Bad, bad, bad...

Anything is a bit over the top. I doubt Ramon Flanigan or Hal Wasson would excite the fanbase or the team.

Actually, at 6-1, Terry's doin' WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than us.

...but he would be a HUGE hire for us. Proven head coach, RECENT record of success, and no baggage.

My point of view has to do with the character issues. Didn't he have some problems at Auburn that had nothing to do with what took place on the field? And there have been plenty of jobs available since he left Auburn, yet he ends up at Northern Alabama. Not dissing hie success on the field, but I believe there are just more all around solid coaches out there. Besides, recruits in Texas are not going to know who he is, and unlike Coker which many on this board believes is the 2nd coming of Bear Bryant, he does not have a ring to wave around.

Before you get carried away with Bowden as a coach, remember, he is doing this with players that have been kicked out of D I schools. Many of them had major behavioral problems and were dismissed from where they were. He has not shown an ability to recruit players that you would like to have on your campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1