Just A Great Day Of Tailgating

KingDL1

We had a great time today at tailgating and just beautiful weather. I hope everyone who joined us or stopped by had plenty to eat. I want to thank everyone who came by and added to a really great experience in the parking lot, truly the high point of the day. I think we had over 60 people in the group this afternoon.

• Upvote 2

We had a great time today at tailgating and just beautiful weather. I hope everyone who joined us or stopped by had plenty to eat. I want to thank everyone who came by and added to a really great experience in the parking lot, truly the high point of the day. I think we had over 60 people in the group this afternoon.

Did you stay in the parking lot for the entire time? If so, how many would you estimate did the same?

Did you stay in the parking lot for the entire time? If so, how many would you estimate did the same?

Yes we watched the Jumbo-Tron and screwed around. I did not see many in the blue lot, but I did see the exodus of people leaving before the 2nd Quarter and there was a steady flow out the whole game with the biggest push at halftime.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yes we watched the Jumbo-Tron and screwed around. I did not see many in the blue lot, but I did see the exodus of people leaving before the 2nd Quarter and there was a steady flow out the whole game with the biggest push at halftime.

Really? You never made it into the stadium?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I was amazed at the tail gating turn out. That had to be one of the very best that I have seen....it was party, festival-like atmosphere. It is crazy that this many people turn out despite a team that has one a handful of games in 5 years. Just think when the Mean Green start winning, hopefully next season, in their new stadium and all those people carry that atmosphere into the game.

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1

Really? You never made it into the stadium?

It was not a crazy party all our friends left when the game started to go to the Tavern, we only had three of us still at our tailgate and after watching the team walk by with their heads dragging we knew how the game would go. SO we just watched the Jumbo-tron and BSed.

• Upvote 2

It was not a crazy party all our friends left when the game started to go to the Tavern, we only had three of us still at our tailgate and after watching the team walk by with their heads dragging we knew how the game would go. SO we just watched the Jumbo-tron and BSed.

staying in the parking lot or going to the tavern instead of into the stadium is nothing to be proud of. even if trying to make a statement. students think it is ok to do it because of the examples they see from alums not going into the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

staying in the parking lot or going to the tavern instead of into the stadium is nothing to be proud of. even if trying to make a statement. students think it is ok to do it because of the examples they see from alums not going into the game.

You are not the judge of me nor do you have any right to pull this holier than though crap. I have my season tickets and they were counted you want to sit through games like this enjoy yourself.

• Upvote 3

It's tough breaking down your tailgating gear to watch another attempt at futility is a tough thing to do. My group didn't put up our flags like we normally do. We're losing our desire to keep watching the losses pile up. We might leave the Troy game early and we thought about leaving the FIU game early. Trying to be a good fan is hard when the team looks as bad as it does.

• Upvote 2

You are not the judge of me nor do you have any right to pull this holier than though crap. I have my season tickets and they were counted you want to sit through games like this enjoy yourself.

we complain about students not coming into games what kind of example to we set by doing the same? i know you have tailgate stuff to clean up. but to intentionally set up a party to celebrate being a unt fan then purposely ignore your team? that is just stupid at any level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

we complain about students not coming into games what kind of example to we set by doing the same? i know you have tailgate stuff to clean up. but to intentionally set up a party to celebrate being a unt fan then purposely ignore your team? that is just stupid at any level.

If you are looking for an ass kicking you are going the right way about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Those students you are talking about aren't 3 years old. They are all grown ass individuals and if they want to go inside the stadium then they will. If they don't want to go then they simply wont. And besides this team is an absolute joke right now. Its attitudes like you that have put up with a historically crappy football and athletics program overall. Get a grip.

• Upvote 2

Those students you are talking about aren't 3 years old. They are all grown ass individuals and if they want to go inside the stadium then they will. If they don't want to go then they simply wont. And besides this team is an absolute joke right now. Its attitudes like you that have put up with a historically crappy football and athletics program overall. Get a grip.

hey buckaroo i want dodge out too. i would rather have 20,000 fans in fouts booing than out in the parking lot showing him they don't care what he does.

Edited by LoveMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

hey buckaroo i want dodge out too. i would rather have 20,000 fans in fouts booing than out in the parking lot showing him they don't care what he does.

Well, there's your problem. Attendance is terrible, but those inside can't bring themselves to make any noise one way or the other. Inside Fouts or out in the parking lot, people who have at least brought something to the game day experience should be given some credit, rather than just being called out. KingLD1 made the day for a lot of folks. We need more like him.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Well, there's your problem. Attendance is terrible, but those inside can't bring themselves to make any noise one way or the other. Inside Fouts or out in the parking lot, people who have at least brought something to the game day experience should be given some credit, rather than just being called out. KingLD1 made the day for a lot of folks. We need more like him.

Thank you eulessismore I enjoyed meeting you and your wife.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1