What Will The Attendance Be Next Week?

KingDL1

I don't believe for a minute there were over 17K at the last game, the student side grandstand was no way more than 60% full and more like 50%. So say 6000, and I don't think there were anymore on the alumni side so 6000 there, so they are saying there were 5000 people under the stands and on the deck because the end zones total may have been a hundred and that would be generous.

This week the weather should be great but with this last heart-breaker and now we are competing with American League Division Series third game Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay Rays; Saturday, Oct. 9 at Texas 5:07 p.m.(Eastern) which could be the only post season home game for the Rangers. (Why the hell did Tampa drop the Devil?) How bad will it be at tailgating and in the stadium attendance wise?

I don't believe for a minute there were over 17K at the last game, the student side grandstand was no way more than 60% full and more like 50%. So say 6000, and I don't think there were anymore on the alumni side so 6000 there, so they are saying there were 5000 people under the stands and on the deck because the end zones total may have been a hundred and that would be generous.

This week the weather should be great but with this last heart-breaker and now we are competing with American League Division Series third game Texas Rangers and Tampa Bay Rays; Saturday, Oct. 9 at Texas 5:07 p.m.(Eastern) which could be the only post season home game for the Rangers. (Why the hell did Tampa drop the Devil?) How bad will it be at tailgating and in the stadium attendance wise?

I'll be there; my wife will be there, and if I see an announcement about Brandon McCoy starting at DE, I'll invite everyone I see.

Probably not good.

On top of the many issues that could potentially keep fans away, we are one of FIVE D-1A football games going on in the metroplex next weekend. TCU and SMU are at home, Baylor/Tech is at the Cotton Bowl, and Arkansas/A&M is at Jerryworld.

And Game 3 of the ALDS, the Rangers' first playoff game (a home game, no less) is on Saturday night. Anyone planning on catching that game in person won't be at our game, and that will probably knock out a few of the regulars on this board.

Even if we were flying high and things were going great, there would be a hell of a lot of challenges this coming weekend.

Another crotch kick loss coming at the end of a frustrating game is just the turd flavored cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 1

TCU fan poston another board.

Five football games in the Metroplex Saturday.

1. TCU vs Wyoming

2. Arkansas vs A&M (Arlington)

3. SMU vs Tulsa (Dallas)

4. Texas Tech vs Baylor (Dallas)

5. North Texas vs Arkansas State (Denton)

Rangers also have a home playoff game against Tampa Bay on Saturday. Lots of competition for the sports entertainment dollar in DFW this weekend.

Probably not good.

On top of the many issues that could potentially keep fans away, we are one of FIVE D-1A football games going on in the metroplex next weekend. TCU and SMU are at home, Baylor/Tech is at the Cotton Bowl, and Arkansas/A&M is at Jerryworld.

And Game 3 of the ALDS, the Rangers' first playoff game (a home game, no less) is on Saturday night. Anyone planning on catching that game in person won't be at our game, and that will probably knock out a few of the regulars on this board.

Even if we were flying high and things were going great, there would be a hell of a lot of challenges this coming weekend.

Another crotch kick loss coming at the end of a frustrating game is just the turd flavored cherry on top of the shit sundae.

Arkansas/A&M is at 2:30 p.m. The Rangers start at 4:07 p.m. If you get a well pitched baseball game and a normal college football game, the games will end within 30-45 minutes of each other and it could easily take another hour or so to leave the stadium.

Add in the fact that most kids in school and business people won't get to watch games 1 or 2 because of the horrendous TBS schedule and that baseball game could really have a big impact on us.

Arkansas/A&M is at 2:30 p.m. The Rangers start at 4:07 p.m. If you get a well pitched baseball game and a normal college football game, the games will end within 30-45 minutes of each other and it could easily take another hour or so to leave the stadium.

Add in the fact that most kids in school and business people won't get to watch games 1 or 2 because of the horrendous TBS schedule and that baseball game could really have a big impact on us.

Even a well pitched baseball game in the playoffs should take at least 2.5 or so. I think much of this boils down to the team's poor play and something that has been going on for 6 years now. I think a lot of us on the board want to speculate on reasons why fans won't show up but the biggest factor here is the fact that we've seen 6 bad years of football unfortunately. The other sporting events going on is just the icing on the cake if you ask me.

TCU fan poston another board.

Five football games in the Metroplex Saturday.

1. TCU vs Wyoming

2. Arkansas vs A&M (Arlington)

3. SMU vs Tulsa (Dallas)

4. Texas Tech vs Baylor (Dallas)

5. North Texas vs Arkansas State (Denton)

Rangers also have a home playoff game against Tampa Bay on Saturday. Lots of competition for the sports entertainment dollar in DFW this weekend.

I saw that same thing on smoaky.com

The only reason we had a somewhat decent student turnout is because they had won last week. This is twice they have shown up to see us lose by a point, and 80% including myself left shortly after halftime. I can guarantee you we won't even see half of that this Sat. and I would somewhere between 8-11k. There might be a lot more announced, but I am not at all optimistic for the student side turnout.

Honestly, what reason do fans have to come to the game this weekend other than just coming out of duty? I don't have the energy anymore to watch games end like this. It's still so bizarre to me how common these gut wrenching losses have become. At least two years ago when we'd lose it was so lopsided at halftime we could leave and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Honestly, what reason do fans have to come to the game this weekend other than just coming out of duty? I don't have the energy anymore to watch games end like this. It's still so bizarre to me how common these gut wrenching losses have become. At least two years ago when we'd lose it was so lopsided at halftime we could leave and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Here's one (the main reason I'll be there): PRIDE in your University!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1