Next Head Coach Poll

texas51

I nominate Raptor Jesus. After all, he DID go extinct for our sins.

Raptor_Jesus_04.jpg

However, if Raptor Jesus is not available as an option, I will opt for Mike Leach, as he is, in comparison, the closest thing we could ever possibly get to Raptor Jesus.

I respectfully withdrawl my Jimmy Johnson nomination and throw my support behind Raptor Jesus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Man this is entertaining. You guys are Going about this all wrong. The first thing you guys need to address is what qualities does your new ahead coach need to have. Ex recruiter, marketing, experience building programs, experience building sting defense or offense. Second you need to ask is how much will this coach change your program and are you willing to wait for those changes to pay off. Ex going after another spread coach or a defensive coach. Then you should look at what type o program is this coach used to. Dodge had the best players a high school coach could ask for. Now he's on the other side of that coin. I would think it would be good to hire a coach that can develope players. After that you should be able to filter the coaches that would best fit your program.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Man this is entertaining. You guys are Going about this all wrong. The first thing you guys need to address is what qualities does your new ahead coach need to have. Ex recruiter, marketing, experience building programs, experience building sting defense or offense. Second you need to ask is how much will this coach change your program and are you willing to wait for those changes to pay off. Ex going after another spread coach or a defensive coach. Then you should look at what type o program is this coach used to. Dodge had the best players a high school coach could ask for. Now he's on the other side of that coin. I would think it would be good to hire a coach that can develope players. After that you should be able to filter the coaches that would best fit your program.

Zombie. Landry.

We couldn't have a serious discussion about anything. Everyone wants to give the cleverest, cutest and glibest (if there is such a word) response to every thread.

We couldn't have a serious discussion about anything. Everyone wants to give the cleverest, cutest and glibest (if there is such a word) response to every thread.

I'm telling illuvius. We'll never be able to nail this list to RV's door now.

Nope, just a few. I fought the fight last year and got suspended from the board twice, so now I just live with it.

must decide on new coach on the way up or gamble on old coach on the way to retirement? i vote for experience as we see what lack of hc experience has done for us. the learning curve takes too long. we tried to tell him back in 2007 what he needed to do but took 4 years to get the right coaches and now doesn't have the right players or they are injured.

3503012886_57cab82637.jpg

Then let me run by the hardware store and you guys meet me at Sparkman Hillcrest Memorial Park in 30 minutes....bring a Gypsy and a Voodoo Doctor.

The headstone is actually in the Texas State Cemetery in Austin, which was erected in Coach Landry's honor (http://www.cemetery.state.tx.us/pub/user_form.asp?pers_id=6810). He is actually entombed in the mausoleum at Sparkman Hillcrest, so you won't have to do any digging. It does have an emblem that looks like a fedora. Just trying to help.

Edited by Green Dozer

I just don't understand why Brent Venables continues to show up on some wish lists here. There have been quite a few coaches move on from Stoops' tree, yet he hasn't. There is some reason or reasons why he continues to be passed over, it is not exactly like he is not in high profile position. And I would guess that Applewhite is the oc in waiting at Texas, and if Muschamp were to move on before Brown retires, then he might be the new assistant head coach and head coach in waiting. Just a guess.

If we even need to hire a new football coach after the SBC part of the season is done...........I haven't seen any name on any of this forum's threads yet that I think Rick V would even consider, unless it would be those with USM connections, ie, those that he knows personally.

GrayEagle suggested that with a new stadium we need to go after a name coach and I agree.....and a few ex HFC's listed on this forum meet that criteria, but you have to check closely on how much baggage any of those particular coaches would be bringing to North Texas and we know of one that has a cargo full of baggage.

If we need to hire anyone, it would be one that we absolutely cannot afford to screw up. I think Rick V with his "short list committee" consisting of our Prez' and Consultant Chuck Neinas would come up with someone we would all mostly agree; of course, on this collegiate smack board we know 100% agreement is a total impossibility. :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Agh... so it's like a two-fer? If you get Raptor-Jesus you have to have the Raptor-Wrangler too? ...so cost is really the issue here?

Hummmmmm... ...but what about the new athletic fee? Surely we'll have enough budget for the pair once that kicks in? ...if its just a "NO" then the Wizard guy would be my second pick, but I think we should stretch to get Raptor-Jesus.

Edited by yyz28
  • Upvote 1