The Agreement

MCMLXXX

Item #4 says that Louisiana Tech has already given notice to the WAC that they intend to leave the conference. I wonder if this was suppose to be publicly released. I wonder where they will be headed too?

Item #4 says that Louisiana Tech has already given notice to the WAC that they intend to leave the conference. I wonder if this was suppose to be publicly released. I wonder where they will be headed too?

(except Louisiana Tech and Boise State, which has already given notice of its withdrawal)

Grammar, people! If it meant both of those schools were leaving, it would be "except Louisiana Tech and Boise State, which have already given notice of their withdrawl)". :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Grammar, people! If it meant both of those schools were leaving, it would be "except Louisiana Tech and Boise State, which have already given notice of their withdrawl)". :ph34r:

Your write!! I half to remembers my grammer rulz.

But why is LA Tech exempt from all these clauses?

Edited by UNTflyer

Your write!! I half to remembers my grammer rulz.

The other members of the WAC have been very publicly hoping La Tech would find a conference home that better suited them. They were not going to force them out, but life would be easier (less travel) with them gone. It is much like the Sun Belt and Denver.

Of course, with the WAC now wackier than ever, Denver's apparent plan to join them is now in flux. Even though the Belt passes a rule that will require Denver to leave, I'll bet there is an exception if they don't find a suitable home.

I'm going to feel free to speculate, because it's fun, and it's based on past facts...

...maybe La Tech is doing something like what Army did during our time in C-USA:

When Army joined C-USA (for football only), we accompanied our acceptance of the offer with notice of our intent to withdraw in ( x ) years. I can't remember what ( x ) was, but it was whatever notice was required by the conference in order to not have to pay a penalty. If I had to guess, I'd say that ( x ) was 2, since we announced before the 2003 season that we would leave C-USA after 2004.

At the end of our first season, we withdrew that notice and re-submitted notice of our intent to withdraw in ( x ) years, thus pushing our withdrawal out one more year. Doing this gave us maximum flexibility, ensuring the earliest possible penalty-free exit if (and when) we decided that we wanted to leave.

So, when we really did decide to leave the conference, we just did not withdraw our notice, and the clock actually started ticking towards the penalty-free exit date.

Because in order to come up with $5 million they would have to take out a loan on the football stadium, sell band candy, have bake sales (probably in Shreveport and Monroe since Ruston is to small for a bake sale), and have their Women perform unprintable acts, etc.

Because in order to come up with $5 million they would have to take out a loan on the football stadium, sell band candy, have bake sales (probably in Shreveport and Monroe since Ruston is to small for a bake sale), and have their Women perform unprintable acts, etc.

Problem is this would only net them roughly $2.50, since their women would have to pay to perform said unprintable acts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry to disappoint the alarmists on this board but re-read that portion. It says that Boise has given notice and that La Tech is exempt from penalty. La Tech reached agreement with the WAC a while ago that they could leave for CUSA IF the opportunity arose. Nothing is imminent.

Sorry to disappoint the alarmists on this board but re-read that portion. It says that Boise has given notice and that La Tech is exempt from penalty. La Tech reached agreement with the WAC a while ago that they could leave for CUSA IF the opportunity arose. Nothing is imminent.

Yes, the Techsters are going nowhere but are free to leave the WAC...(some in the WAC would pay to see them gone!)

Should WW and the SBC mail an invite to NMSU and La Tech?