Unt Recruiting Update

Brett Vito

If we pull in a huge recruiting class and have a great 2010-11 campaign, we better find a way to keep JJ in Denton. I'm sure his stock is rising quickly and we need to be prepared to do what it takes to keep in here while he is building what could be a team that finally puts us deeper into the NCAA tournament.

Edited by UNTFan23

I want everyone of them to commit this weekend!!! With that kind of class we could be a national power!!!

Is that better?

It is hard to argue with a class that has 4 of the top 150 players in the country. All we need is a big man and that has the potential to be a great team...

If we pull in a huge recruiting class and have a great 2010-11 campaign, we better find a way to keep JJ in Denton. I'm sure his stock is rising quickly and we need to be prepared to do what it takes to keep in here while he is building what could be a team that finally puts us deeper into the NCAA tournament.

Agree...However, if we do not start getting rears in the seats at the Pit for our home games there is not enough $$$$$ in the world to keep JJ at UNT. If you want to help JJ stay at UNT, buy season tickets and bring friends to the games...at least buy single game tickets when you can and bring friends.

If we keep having 2500-300 in attendance it's probably over for JJ at UNT given the great job he is doing in having some great teams and great wins! Think it over...want to help...well, you can.....

• Upvote 2

I think there is room for 2 PG's to see significant time in JJ's scheme...if both can play.

From what it sounds like, Norris is just starting to gain steam. If he signs early, he could turn out to be a major steal. Based on what I've read on Norris, he just recently started playing with Showtyme, and is very unselfish. Now that he's playing with a high level club with high level teammates, he will only get better.

Anderson appears to be a more polished guy. Looking at his highlights he seems to be able to create his own shots really well.

So, two different PG's. A distributor and a scorer (Yes, Norris has demonstrated he can score too, and Anderson has demonstrated that he can dish as well). I'm sure certain situations/lineups would call for each of them.

I hope Anderson doesn't see Norris as a threat. And, if Anderson commits, I hope Norris doesn't see him as a threat either.

UNT Basketball is getting more & more exciting! The 2010 team is exciting enough. Courting these great area talents just makes it even better!

South Grand Prairie High School's Trey Norris announced his verbal commitment Saturday morning, choosing a Sun Belt Conference school that's quickly becoming a popular choice.

Comment on TexasHoops about Norris committing. Gotta Luv the "quickly becoming a popular choice" comment. :D

My next door neighbor growing up is Mike Kunstadt....great guy. I need to see what his thoughts are on this sesson's potential recruitment class.

Edited by All About UNT