Kick-Off Cookout And 5K

KRAM1

OK, so who will be attending this season's Kick-Off Cookout and 5K event? It is shaping up to be a great way to "kick-off" the new season and the last at Fouts. The 5K will have a new course due to the new stadium construction and the event will be in the "shade" of the concourse at Fouts. Well, other than the run itself and the scrimmage that is... scrimmage is a great addition to the event this year. Also, you can pick up your season tickets and parking passes at the Athletic Center that day up until noon as well.

Come out and have a "look-see" at the team, talk to the coaches and players and share in some fun with the Mean Green Nation.

In addition, the Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Assoc. will unveil their "Fouts Field Farewell Tour" ceramic mugs, stadium poster and t-shirts far sale for this season's scholarship fundraising activity. Come by and take a look.

Will you be attending?

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!

Edited by KRAM1

Has anyone seen a schedule of events for Saturday? I don't see anything on the athletics website. This whole thing seems a bit confusing. Is there or is there not a meal involved. I saw something that said runners will receive a voucher for breakfast. Does anyone else get breakfast? It sounds like it's all about the 5K and less about the Kickoff Cookout this time around. I'm sure someone will let me know where I'm wrong.

Has anyone seen a schedule of events for Saturday? I don't see anything on the athletics website. This whole thing seems a bit confusing. Is there or is there not a meal involved. I saw something that said runners will receive a voucher for breakfast. Does anyone else get breakfast? It sounds like it's all about the 5K and less about the Kickoff Cookout this time around. I'm sure someone will let me know where I'm wrong.

ACTIVITIES:

6:30 am - Registration and Check-in

8:00 am - 5K Race

8:30 am - Complimentary Breakfast for the run participants brought to you by Extreme Cuisine Catering (runners will receive vouchers for their complimentary breakfast in their race packets.)

8:30 am - Various business's from Denton will be on hand for food sampling for the non-runners.

9:00 am - 1 Mile Family Fun Run

9:00 am - North Texas Football Scrimmage at Fouts Field (open to the public)

9:30 am - Awards Ceremony – Hear from North Texas Athletics Director Rick Villarreal

9:30 am - North Texas Cheerleaders, Dancers, Scrappy and Student Athletes will be on hand to visit with fans.

11:00 am - North Texas Football Team will sign autographs.

Got this today via email.

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=204963732&DB_OEM_ID=1800&DB_OEM_ID=1800&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=1800&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

This link is on the front page of the website, meangreensports.com.

http://www.meangreen...CRIBER_CONTENT=

This link is on the front page of the website, meangreensports.com.

I received an email this afternoon from Jamie Adams - Director of Promotions

Correction - The Football Scrimmage will start at 8:30 am.

My son and I will be there doing the 1 Mile Run (actually he will run - I will do something that vaguely resembles running).