So, Let's Name The New Stadium

DeepGreen

"Athletic director Rick Villarreal said UNT’s regents will meet soon to hear recommendations on a name for the new stadium. Villarreal wouldn’t divulge suggestions, but said settling on a new name has nothing to do with any corporate/naming sponsorship, which UNT has yet to secure. “We have to agree on a consistent name,” he said. “We’ve got to put a tag on it as people start to really relate to it."

Can we give them some help? Any thoughts on a name for the stadium? Of course, my first choice would be someone or some corporation giving us $10 million for naming rights. Since that doesn't appear to be on the horizon for the forseeable future, what would you name the stadium?

Edited by DeepGreen

"Athletic director Rick Villarreal said UNT’s regents will meet soon to hear recommendations on a name for the new stadium. Villarreal wouldn’t divulge suggestions, but said settling on a new name has nothing to do with any corporate/naming sponsorship, which UNT has yet to secure. “We have to agree on a consistent name,” he said. “We’ve got to put a tag on it as people start to really relate to it."

Can we give them some help? Any thoughts on a name for the stadium? Of course, my first choice would be someone or some corporation giving us $10 million for naming rights. Since that doesn't appear to be on the horizon for the forseeable future, what would you name the stadium?

Joe Greene Real Thing Stadium. Of course, that's if Coca-Cola becomes our number one contributor.

My choices based off of notable Alumni

1.) Meatloaf Stadium (only if he opens with a free concert)

2.) Eagles Stadium (only if the now touring Eagles open it up)

3.) Your My Boy Blue Stadium (RIP Joseph Crenshaw)

4.) Mean Green Stadium (for obvious reasons)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Given the way the last few seasons have started out, how about Two Out of Three Ain't Bad Place.

Are the odds that good?

Instead of throwing out possible naming solutions. I find more creativity can be placed on what not to name the big place up on Alpine Drive. Good place to start would be to inform Fox Southwest that the University of Northern Texas is not a real place and should not reference UNT to this fictional institution.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd like it if it was ultimately named Villarreal Stadium and nick-named "The V", both for the name as well as for the shape of the end zone stands.

dang. i accidentally gave you a "-1" on this intending to give you a "+1". i REALLY like this suggestion. much better than "mean green stadium" which would carry about as much tradition as "papa johns stadium".

if villarreal is part of this meeting, i don't see him suggesting it, but i would love "the V" named after the AD with the stones to see that thing through.

dang. i accidentally gave you a "-1" on this intending to give you a "+1". i REALLY like this suggestion. much better than "mean green stadium" which would carry about as much tradition as "papa johns stadium".

if villarreal is part of this meeting, i don't see him suggesting it, but i would love "the V" named after the AD with the stones to see that thing through.

Yep....put another vote down for this. I like it.

• Upvote 2

No way this would happen now. It would seem kinda weird having the stadium named after someone who is still employed by the athletic department. However, I would love this idea later on after Rick is no longer at UNT, which hopefully won't be anytime soon!

• Upvote 2