So, Let's Name The New Stadium

DeepGreen

No question there needs to be a name of the stadium on an interim basis until we find a corporate sponsor to put its name on the stadium. We need to start winning football games again and get people in the stands so we can get more money for stadium rights. That is what Jerry Jones is doing so we need to be doing the same(Of course he is doing it because he could not get the deal he wanted in a bad economy). In the meantime I suppose we can name the field after a person or something but the actual stadium needs to be corporate. Heck I don't mind having a corporate name for the stadium and having another corporate name for the field if that is doable.

• Downvote 1

This seems simple to me. We named the last stadium after the athletic director that got it built. We should name this stadium after the athletic director that got it built.

Rick Villarreal Park

Call it the RV Park, the "V" or what ever.

Would you rather play in a stadium or a Park ?

Thanks Rick

What have YOU done to benefit North Texas Athletics lately ?

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are a number of names such as Odus Mitchell Field that would be nice but, until we get a corporate naming sponsor, the most appropriate (and fair) name would be UNT Students Memorial or some name that incorporates the student body. After all, without the students commitment we would not even have to give any serious thought to naming a new stadium. Regardless whether the "field" or the stadium is given this name, the student body should be given a prominent position in any naming--IMHO.

• Upvote 3

1. Gretchen Bataille Stadium @ The University of North Texas

2. Mean Joe Greene Stadium @ The University of North Texas

I think RV should have the homecoming area named after him: RV park

The field should be named after someone who just rocked it, e.g., Mean Joe.

Maybe Lee Jackson Latrines?

Eagle Field @ UNT Stadium

Eagle Field @ Mean Green Stadium

Mean Joe Green Field @ Mean Green Stadium

Scrappy/Eppy Field @ Mean Green Stadium

Dickey Field @ Mattress Mac stadium :lol:

Albino Squirrel Field @ Darrell Dickey Stadium

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I also like the classic effect of having someone's name on the stadium and having it named "Field" as opposed to "Stadium".

Odus Mitchell Field is good. So is Walt Parker Field. But what might be really nice is H. Ross Perot Field. Have we approached him for support? I believe we did give him an honorary doctorate at one point in the past, and he funded at least in part our 100 year celebration? Of course I'm dreaming bringing that up, but it would seem to be fitting that he have a major public structure in the area named for him (there may be others), and it would be nice for us if he wished to contribute to have it.

Naming it for a wealthy, local benefactor and/or alum would be awesome if there was one out there..............

Field of Greens. :D A tribute to the history of the many shades of green that have graced North Texas.

Seriously, Pohl Field would be a nice touch. It would still allow for the naming rights of Pohl Field at Fill-in-the-blank Stadium.

Edited by Lurker