Club Level Stadium Updates

Harry

It is that attitude that holds this program back.

What? Are you serious? The attitude of guys like Dumpsalot isn't what's 'holding this program back.' Just because some alumni choose to spend their money elsewhere isn't the reason this program is where it is.

Too many on this board feel that if you're not buying club level seating, joining the mean green club, or playing in the gmg bowl, you're the problem. If I choose to support the program by paying to get into the tailgating area and throwing tortillas in the parking lot the entire game, so be it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

I will be at the games rest assured. But I am not going to pay a premium price to watch the likes of the Sunbelt Conference. I am sorry that I disagree with you all and because of that I am getting reamed (sadly, that seems to be the GMG tradition). You can still support the program without dishing out thousands of dollars.

I can't believe I'm going to agree with anything written by DD, but I think he is right on the point highlighted above. Not everyone can afford club seats, $500 plus donations to the Mean Green Club or season tickets to the games. This is especially true for recent graduates. Just wearing a NT sweatshirt and telling people you support the team helps with minimal cost.

But when you say you aren't going to watch the teams in the Sunbelt Conference I have to point out how terrible the games were when we were in the Big West and had teams like Boise, Nevada, Utah State and Idaho coming to town. Those games were just awful. The Sunbelt is a huge improvement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What? Are you serious? The attitude of guys like Dumpsalot isn't what's 'holding this program back.' Just because some alumni choose to spend their money elsewhere isn't the reason this program is where it is.

Too many on this board feel that if you're not buying club level seating, joining the mean green club, or playing in the gmg bowl, you're the problem. If I choose to support the program by paying to get into the tailgating area and throwing tortillas in the parking lot the entire game, so be it.

Tell me again how staying in the parking lot, not going to the games and throwing around a bunch of tortillas is supporting the program? Yes, people who complain and do nothing are exactly the ones holding the program back. DaddyDumpsalot buys tickets and goes to the games it seems from his last post. That's more support than most give and certainly more support than staying in the parking lot and flipping tortillas around. My problem with DaddyDumpsalot's comment is in the "attitude" toward the program.

If you head the recent Podcast you heard a great quote from Bart Starr...I cannot quote it exactly but it went something like "It doesn't take a lot of courage to support a team when it's winning. It takes courage to support a team when it isn't doing well".

Buying Club level seating has absolutely noting to do with it...it seems the comments hit too close to home for you....it's all about supporting the program or not. Hanging out in the parking lot before a game and tagging onto the fun before a game is great, but, in my book, that's not supporting the program. It's you having a fun time while others do the heavy lifting. It doesn't take much money to join the Mean green Club, even less to join the Alumni Association and very little to buy a ticket or two to a game and actually go to the game. ONCE more for those like eppy4life who don't seem to listen well, IT IS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH, IT IS ABOUT IF YOU SUPPORT THE PROGRAM. Support the program at the level you wish and participate in what you wish...no one said anything about not supporting the Mean Green if one didn't play in the GMG.Com Bowl (Good Grief were you ever stretching and grabbing at straws with that one!), didn't buy club seats or season tickets. A $25 donation to the athletic dept or $50 to the stadium fund and an end zone seat for a game or two is FANTASTIC if that's what one can do. Support levels tend to build over time and as other financial obligations are put to rest, etc.

Just think if every alum in the DFW metroplex gave just $50/year to the athletic dept. how much more the dept. could be doing to upgrade coaching, facilities, etc., etc. Again, if you heard the recent podcast you heard RV talk about how, even with the new stadium, season ticket sales are not going as well as hoped. Everyone will acknowledge that winning a few games would help, but some might be disappointed in where their seats might be in the new stadium if they are season ticket buyers before next season.

Anyway, I hope the attitudes of many Mean green alums start to change for the positive soon. YOUR university could use your help.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

Just because some alumni choose to spend their money elsewhere isn't the reason this program is where it is.

Are we in LALA land? What world are you living in?

That is 100% the reason the program is where it is.

Money and support grow programs. Period.

Wait.....OK, you got me and pulled me offsides. You're trying to be funny right?

• Upvote 1

Eppy, you must've missed this Kramfest

Emmitt...whether you purchase Club level seating or not is a decision only you can answer...HOWEVER, NO ONE should ever doubt the support you give to UNT and the love you have for UNT. Your support is well known, and it has been there through thick and thin. If more people supported the program as you do on a consistent basis, UNT would have no problems with support from its alums and fan base. You are very much appreciated for what you do for UNT.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I choose to support the program by paying to get into the tailgating area and throwing tortillas in the parking lot the entire game, so be it.

I said attitude not actions. I am one who buys seasons tickets and makes a small donation to the MGC, thats all financially I can do. In addition like many I promote the school and program as much as I can.

However there were far too many students/alumni when i was there 5 years ago, who discounted what we did when were winning. Now they piss on the fact of what conference we are in etc etc. DD and the like will never run of excuses to not support and thats fine

Seriously just take some pride in where you went and help support the school. Its a journey, a long one at that. It's usually the best part.

No ones asking you to support complacency but be positive how far we have come and we all recognize where we need to go.

• Upvote 2

Emmitt...whether you purchase Club level seating or not is a decision only you can answer...HOWEVER, NO ONE should ever doubt the support you give to UNT and the love you have for UNT. Your support is well known, and it has been there through thick and thin. If more people supported the program as you do on a consistent basis, UNT would have no problems with support from its alums and fan base. You are very much appreciated for what you do for UNT.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Wow! Get a room.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Tell me again how staying in the parking lot, not going to the games and throwing around a bunch of tortillas is supporting the program? Yes, people who complain and do nothing are exactly the ones holding the program back. DaddyDumpsalot buys tickets and goes to the games it seems from his last post. That's more support than most give and certainly more support than staying in the parking lot and flipping tortillas around. My problem with DaddyDumpsalot's comment is in the "attitude" toward the program.

If you head the recent Podcast you heard a great quote from Bart Starr...I cannot quote it exactly but it went something like "It doesn't take a lot of courage to support a team when it's winning. It takes courage to support a team when it isn't doing well".

Buying Club level seating has absolutely noting to do with it...it seems the comments hit too close to home for you....it's all about supporting the program or not. Hanging out in the parking lot before a game and tagging onto the fun before a game is great, but, in my book, that's not supporting the program. It's you having a fun time while others do the heavy lifting. It doesn't take much money to join the Mean green Club, even less to join the Alumni Association and very little to buy a ticket or two to a game and actually go to the game. ONCE more for those like eppy4life who don't seem to listen well, IT IS NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH, IT IS ABOUT IF YOU SUPPORT THE PROGRAM. Support the program at the level you wish and participate in what you wish...no one said anything about not supporting the Mean Green if one didn't play in the GMG.Com Bowl (Good Grief were you ever stretching and grabbing at straws with that one!), didn't buy club seats or season tickets. A $25 donation to the athletic dept or $50 to the stadium fund and an end zone seat for a game or two is FANTASTIC if that's what one can do. Support levels tend to build over time and as other financial obligations are put to rest, etc.

Just think if every alum in the DFW metroplex gave just $50/year to the athletic dept. how much more the dept. could be doing to upgrade coaching, facilities, etc., etc. Again, if you heard the recent podcast you heard RV talk about how, even with the new stadium, season ticket sales are not going as well as hoped. Everyone will acknowledge that winning a few games would help, but some might be disappointed in where their seats might be in the new stadium if they are season ticket buyers before next season.

Anyway, I hope the attitudes of many Mean green alums start to change for the positive soon. YOUR university could use your help.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I'm just sayin'

• Downvote 3

Well, back to the topic--these seats are going to be a great bargain in comparison to some other "premium" seats at other programs.

Most programs charge the "one time" fee EVERY year, and the seats can only be renewed by paying that premium at season ticket renewal time, so for those who can get in--it's a steal.

Thanks to those who clarified the tax question I had.

• Upvote 2

I have mixed emotions about the club-level seating. The amenities are obviously very nice. But, I think that I might miss the atmosphere of being a fan outside. I wonder if the club-level seating will be somewhat sterile due to the lack of overall crowd noise ?

Compared to other sporting events in the area, the club-level certainly looks like a good bargain. I guess that I will have to wait until the stadium is nearly finished and then make my decision after touring the facilities.

Either way, I CANNOT wait for the new stadium and the massively improved sight lines.

So that's why you guys are so interested in these seats? Starting to make sense...

no, the interest lies in just one more opportunity to set a financial standard for the "true" supporter of the program. that's why people get all up in arms when they are given seats to a tourney basketball game that are too far away from the action. it has less to do with seeing the game and more to do with a missed opportunity to either brag or ridicule.

I said attitude not actions. I am one who buys seasons tickets and makes a small donation to the MGC, thats all financially I can do. In addition like many I promote the school and program as much as I can.

However there were far too many students/alumni when i was there 5 years ago, who discounted what we did when were winning. Now they piss on the fact of what conference we are in etc etc. DD and the like will never run of excuses to not support and thats fine

Seriously just take some pride in where you went and help support the school. Its a journey, a long one at that. It's usually the best part.

No ones asking you to support complacency but be positive how far we have come and we all recognize where we need to go.

Nice post Nightmare.

no, the interest lies in just one more opportunity to set a financial standard for the "true" supporter of the program. that's why people get all up in arms when they are given seats to a tourney basketball game that are too far away from the action. it has less to do with seeing the game and more to do with a missed opportunity to either brag or ridicule.

I sure hope that skirt comes in green and white.

Nobody has ever said they were a better fan than others. All that has been said, and it can't be argued, is that this program will only get where we ALL want it to be when we realize quality has a price tag. Let's not kid ourselves by suggesting that wearing our NT sweatshirt to the grocery store or throwing a tortilla OUTSIDE of the game will help 2-10 become a thing of the past.

UT or OU would love for you to wear their sweatshirt to the grocery store. They already have millions of dollars.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Do we know how many seats are available for each section ?

Just looking back over the years at attendence I just can't see all these seats getting sold if things on the field do not change or there is a drop in price. Times are hard enough already & it seems we just don't have a ton of die hard fans. Even the die hard fans that we do have most can't just fork over thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to be negative and I hope I'm wrong , but are there enough people who follow the program to sell out all of these club seats ?

If we were coming off a couple of bowl seasons then this probably wouldn't be a concern , but until things are changed on the field I can't expect to have these sold out

Edited by NT03

First off...again...for some reason people on here seem to think that by not spending the most money and getting the most expensive packages they are not "supporting" the university as much as others. This is not the case at all. I would say keep your $10K seats and just bring 10 extra people with you to the game.

And most likely the reason the students/alumni discounted our winning seasons is because they saw the reality of the conference we were in. This reality that many on here overlook.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So my question...the full cash bar?? How does that not break NCAA regulations again? Not that I don't bring a little tasty beverage into the game here and there anyway (don't bust me Emmitt)

There is absolutely no NCAA rule prohibiting schools from selling alcohol at athletic events. If UNT wanted to sell beer in the stands, they could.

The NCAA only has a rule for NCAA championship events.

And most likely the reason the students/alumni discounted our winning seasons is because they saw the reality of the conference we were in. This reality that many on here overlook.

Good thing it's not illegal on GMG to be a douche all the freaking time. It's just frowned upon....like masturbating on an airplane.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3