Club Level Stadium Updates

Harry

For those of you who have thought that the Club Level Seating was out of your price range, take another look. I am attaching a link to their updated information on the costs and benefits. Remember, this section will sell out and you want to have a place reserved. The amenities and services offered in this section will be awesome. I expect that they will sell them out and the value will only go up over time. If you believe in the program, as many of us do here I would suggest that you give this section a hard look.  

People keep asking how can I help support the financing of the stadium and I believe investing in the Club Level seats are a big part of the answer.

Mean Green Club Level Seating Link

Did a quick calculation based on 700 seats with 1/3 Green, 1/3 White, 1/3 Silver.

If ALL sell out:

One time gift $$$ over 5 years

$2,912,500 - Green

$1,456,250 - White

$497,455 - White

$4,866,205 Total ($973,241 per year)

Annual ticket $$$

$245,000 (700X$350)

Total $$$ from Gift/ticket sales annually

$1,210,241

Note: $500 annual donation minimum not included.

Edited by MeanGreen61

The way I will look at it is this:

I have been clamoring for a new stadium since at least the Corky Nelson era, including my approx 1989 proposal to build a U-shaped stadium with a high-rise hotel to close the U (hotel guests with rooms on the stadium side of the hotel would be charged for game tickets and be included in attendance).

Now I have been given a stadium. I need to be involved in the funding of that stadium. My Club Level donation will help fund the stadium, and they are giving me a couple of really good seats, with extras, to the games as a gift back for my donation.

And on we play one of those season finales on a really cold, wet late November night, I will be especially happy with the gift the school gave me for my contribution.

Be a part of the solution.

GMG

• Upvote 2

Now I have been given a stadium. I need to be involved in the funding of that stadium. My Club Level donation will help fund the stadium, and they are giving me a couple of really good seats, with extras, to the games as a gift back for my donation.

And on we play one of those season finales on a really cold, wet late November night, I will be especially happy with the gift the school gave me for my contribution.

Be a part of the solution.

GMG

Agree 100%. Exactly the reason my wife and I decided to step up and buy Club level seats. The cost will not be easy for us, but we just felt it was something we had to do if we wanted to help support UNT. I think the department was wise in opening up the Club level seating to various levels and pricing.

Part of UNT's challenge over the year's has been to find people willing to be "part of the solution". This is a great opportunity to help change that situation. GO MEAN GREEN!

Question for those in the know. Let's say I bought 2 club level seats. I have 2 additional friends that are coming to the game that don't have club level. Will they be allowed access to the Club Level inside patio before the game, like guest are now, or is the inside patio exclusively for use by Club members only?

Also, I am assuming this is like a seat license and is a one time fee? Does this fee promise you have the seats for as long as you continue to make the $500 donation to the MGC and pay the $350 per seat for the ticket?

Help is appreciated.

I got this information from Dan Johnston - who by the way is a good guy - and is a new Associate Athletic Director at North Texas. Please note - I am the messenger here and until they put me on the payroll all of the final contract/details will need to be handled through the Athletic Department. ·Feel free to contact Dan directly at Dan.Johnston@unt.edu for more specific details.

There are a minimum of 2 seats purchased to get into the club level.So if my math is correct, you can get 2 Silver Club seats for $6250 (3125 x 2) + $500 minimum donation + $350 per ticket (x 2 tickets = $700) for a Grand Total of $7450) which can be spread out over time.

Main message that I am trying to get across is that getting into the Club section is not as pricey as many think. If you believe in the program and its future success you can lock into a pretty exclusive group for many years to come.

The easiest way to explain this is a "per seat" cost for club seats and there are 3 sections that one can fall in. They are detailed below:

· Green

o $12,500 one-time gift, per Club Seat, payable over 5 years

o Minimum $500 annual donation to the Mean Green Club, per membership account

o $350 season ticket, per Club Seat, per year

· White

o $6,250 on-time gift, per Club Seat, payable over 5 years

· Silver

o $3,125 one-time gift, per Club Seat, payable over 5 years

They do ask for a minimum of 2 seats purchased in the club level.

Silver Club Level Scenario Broken Out

1) The $6,250 (2 silver level seats) is paid over 5 years and serves as the capital gift (goes towards stadium)

2) The $500 is an annual payment to serve as your Green Mean Club membership. This is to be paid each year and goes to help pay the Student-Athlete Scholarship bill

3) The $700 (cost of 2 club level season tickets) is paid each year during the season ticket renewal period. This usually falls between the March – April timeframe.

There is not a minimum payment required to start the contract as they are willing to work with different payment plans. They encourage the first years payment (in this case $1,250) to be paid. They have everybody sign a gift agreement which serves as their contract to the payments. After the Capital Gift ($6,250) has been paid the Club Seat holder will only be responsible for the Victory Level membership (current $500 MGC level) and the cost of the season tickets for that year (current cost is $350/seat).

Again, each Club Seat holder will only have to pay the Capital Gift one time. The MGC level may adjust as may the price of the season ticket, but the individual will not have to pay a capital gift for club seats after the initial pledge has been paid in full.

I will let Houston or Dallas Green and the CPA's handle the tax ramifications on this! Again thanks out to Dan for helping to explain this to me! GMG!

And if you do decide to purchase club level seating, you can go to sleep at night knowing that you did your share. You are part of the solution. Plus, you may get the chance to meet DeepGreen in person!

I committed to the Green Level and happy that I consider myself part of the solution.

Question for those in the know. Let's say I bought 2 club level seats. I have 2 additional friends that are coming to the game that don't have club level. Will they be allowed access to the Club Level inside patio before the game, like guest are now, or is the inside patio exclusively for use by Club members only?

I'm pretty sure the Club Seat area is limited to those folks who have tickets to sit in the Club Seats. I think there are 720 of these seats. With amenities such as free buffet, free non-alcoholic beverages, free game program...etc....you have to limit it, to those who are paying the premium prices for it. It costs what $250 to get Deck access? Plus, on the Deck...everyone has to pay for their own food/drinks.

So my guess is that the Club Area....will be limited to those who have Club Seats.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure the Club Seat area is limited to those folks who have tickets to sit in the Club Seats. I think there are 720 of these seats. With amenities such as free buffet, free non-alcoholic beverages, free game program...etc....you have to limit it, to those who are paying the premium prices for it. It costs what $250 to get Deck access? Plus, on the Deck...everyone has to pay for their own food/drinks.

So my guess is that the Club Area....will be limited to those who have Club Seats.

As it should be.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

I will purchase 2 of these when UNT gets into a better conference.

UNT will not get into a better conference unless we support the program and increase attendance and funding. You are basically saying you want your cake and eat it too. I encourage you to reconsider your position on this. Unfortunately I think there are lot of people that fall into your category. I think if these people would come and experience the fun and value our home games/tailgaiting offer they would reconsider this position.

Conference affiliation or not, you have to do your part. If you were even close going the club seat route and can financially do it, please reconsider. Anything we alumni can do to support the athletics program will go a long way towards bettering our conference affiliation.

• Upvote 1

Sad comment and exactly the type of comment that reflects in part why UNT has struggled to fund athletics on a consistent basis. My guess is that folks with this attitude would never purchase Club Level seating even if UNT played in the Big XII. Excuses...excuses.

OK, so you won't purchase Club level seating (even though your comments indicates that you are financially able to do so) as the requirement for you that UNT join a different conference. So, are you financially supporting the program at any level? If so...great, you are doing more than the majority of UNT alums and "fans", and you have my appreciation for what you are doing.

It doesn't matter if one doesn't care to buy Club Level seating. I know several great Mean Green supporters who just don't want to participate in Club Level seating, but they support the program in many other ways including donations to the stadium project, season ticket purchases, membership in the Mean Green Club and membership in the Alumni Association. It isn't how you help it's IF you help that matters.

Support the program how you wish...just support it...as was said here earlier...be part of the solution, not part of the problem. If you wish to be part of the problem, just keep your opinions to yourself and go away. The Mean Green Nation will be just fine without folks who want to be part of the problem.

• Upvote 4

I did the math. $205 per month to sit on the 15 is a bit out of this public servant's price range.

Emmitt...whether you purchase Club level seating or not is a decision only you can answer...HOWEVER, NO ONE should ever doubt the support you give to UNT and the love you have for UNT. Your support is well known, and it has been there through thick and thin. If more people supported the program as you do on a consistent basis, UNT would have no problems with support from its alums and fan base. You are very much appreciated for what you do for UNT.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Emmitt...whether you purchase Club level seating or not is a decision only you can answer...HOWEVER, NO ONE should ever doubt the support you give to UNT and the love you have for UNT. Your support is well known, and it has been there through thick and thin. If more people supported the program as you do on a consistent basis, UNT would have no problems with support from its alums and fan base. You are very much appreciated for what you do for UNT.

GO MEAN GREEN!

WHATEVER! I will doubt him because i feel like it.

• Upvote 1

We are fixing one excuse that kept some fans away: better stadium.

"We need a better conference, better opponents, better helmet, better coach, more wins, BCS Bowl, didn't know, won't contact me, yada yada."

There will always be some excuse for fans to not attend if they want one.

You obviously have an interest or you wouldn't be on here. All the other "wants" will only come with more fans and less excuses.

• Upvote 3

Harry is much more tactful than I will be. Why don't you "Pony Up" and lend your support to SMU, or head to Cowtown and support TCU, or join the typical Texan that follows UT or A&M regardless of where you went to school?

You are like that infamous Denton resident Bob Clifton that finds something wrong with everything. If it is so bad, then go elsewhere. It's not that difficult and would make many a person's life more enjoyable.

• Upvote 6

Dang , I thought the $3,125 was for 2 seats. Oh well , I'll make this work. I don't work all this overtime for nothing ! Might have to see wants to go in half with the 2 seat min.

I wonder if you can do that?

Thanks for all the info everyone. I will be contacting UNT and see if I can make this work.

• Upvote 1

I got this information from Dan Johnston - who by the way is a good guy - and is a new Associate Athletic Director at North Texas. Please note - I am the messenger here and until they put me on the payroll all of the final contract/details will need to be handled through the Athletic Department. ·Feel free to contact Dan directly at Dan.Johnston@unt.edu for more specific details.

There are a minimum of 2 seats purchased to get into the club level.So if my math is correct, you can get 2 Silver Club seats for $6250 (3125 x 2) + $500 minimum donation + $350 per ticket (x 2 tickets = $700) for a Grand Total of $7450) which can be spread out over time.

Main message that I am trying to get across is that getting into the Club section is not as pricey as many think. If you believe in the program and its future success you can lock into a pretty exclusive group for many years to come.

The easiest way to explain this is a "per seat" cost for club seats and there are 3 sections that one can fall in. They are detailed below:

· Green

o $12,500 one-time gift, per Club Seat, payable over 5 years

· White

o $6,250 on-time gift, per Club Seat, payable over 5 years

· Silver

o $3,125 one-time gift, per Club Seat, payable over 5 years

They do ask for a minimum of 2 seats purchased in the club level.

Silver Club Level Scenario Broken Out

1) The $6,250 (2 silver level seats) is paid over 5 years and serves as the capital gift (goes towards stadium)

2) The $500 is an annual payment to serve as your Green Mean Club membership. This is to be paid each year and goes to help pay the Student-Athlete Scholarship bill

3) The $700 (cost of 2 club level season tickets) is paid each year during the season ticket renewal period. This usually falls between the March – April timeframe.

There is not a minimum payment required to start the contract as they are willing to work with different payment plans. They encourage the first years payment (in this case $1,250) to be paid. They have everybody sign a gift agreement which serves as their contract to the payments. After the Capital Gift ($6,250) has been paid the Club Seat holder will only be responsible for the Victory Level membership (current $500 MGC level) and the cost of the season tickets for that year (current cost is $350/seat).

Again, each Club Seat holder will only have to pay the Capital Gift one time. The MGC level may adjust as may the price of the season ticket, but the individual will not have to pay a capital gift for club seats after the initial pledge has been paid in full.

I will let Houston or Dallas Green and the CPA's handle the tax ramifications on this! Again thanks out to Dan for helping to explain this to me! GMG!

The brochure says that 80% of the "seat gift" is tax deductable. So if you are doing 4 seats paid out over 5 years, that gives you around a 2k deduction each year.

I will be at the games rest assured. But I am not going to pay a premium price to watch the likes of the Sunbelt Conference. I am sorry that I disagree with you all and because of that I am getting reamed (sadly, that seems to be the GMG tradition). You can still support the program without dishing out thousands of dollars.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

But I am not going to pay a premium price to watch the likes of the Sunbelt Conference. I am sorry that I disagree.

It is that attitude that holds this program back.

I think everyone here can respect someones financial hardship for not joining to the Club Level but continuing to support through season tickets etc.

Edited by Green Nightmare