A Real Worl Championship

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DidLG6jh23yE&h=3adfa

Well, get ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!! The World Cup in South Africa kicks off on June 11th and the U.S. Plays its first game against England on June 12th. This is going to so great. Once every four years we get to see the best in the world come together to play the "beautiful game". It will be interesting to see how the crowds are in South Africa and how well the European teams do in the South African climate. Southern hemispehere and all that weather-wise. U.S. looked pretty weak against an even weaker Czech Republic team last evening in a "friendly" losing 2-4. But, Coach bradley is still trying to sort out his players and sent five subs in at the start of the second half. Donocvan and McBride didn't see the pitch, so hope that the U.S. squad can advance is still in full swing.

This is going to be GREAT! If the link I attached worksm, check out what Nike did with the looming World Cup.

USA!!!! USA!!!! USA!!!! USA!!!!

G-O-O-O-O-O--O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-A-L USA!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DidLG6jh23yE&h=3adfa

Well, get ready for some FOOTBALL!!!!! The World Cup in South Africa kicks off on June 11th and the U.S. Plays its first game against England on June 12th. This is going to so great. Once every four years we get to see the best in the world come together to play the "beautiful game". It will be interesting to see how the crowds are in South Africa and how well the European teams do in the South African climate. Southern hemispehere and all that weather-wise. U.S. looked pretty weak against an even weaker Czech Republic team last evening in a "friendly" losing 2-4. But, Coach bradley is still trying to sort out his players and sent five subs in at the start of the second half. Donocvan and McBride didn't see the pitch, so hope that the U.S. squad can advance is still in full swing.

This is going to be GREAT! If the link I attached worksm, check out what Nike did with the looming World Cup.

USA!!!! USA!!!! USA!!!! USA!!!!

G-O-O-O-O-O--O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-A-L USA!!!!!!

McBride won't see the pitch in South Africa except maybe on TV. He retired from international soccer after the last World Cup. I am guessing you meant Dempsey or Tim Howard?

This is a chance for Dempsey, M. Bradley and Altidore to shine. The world knows (thanks Nike) that Donovan is an overhyped, just "good", player. Hopefully Gooch, Boca and the rest of the back line can handle the elite players they are about to face.

Howard has nothing to prove as he is easily a top 10 keeper in the world. He could make himself a little more money though.

The England game will be a good litmus test for the rest of the tourney. Right now, there is no reason to believe they won't advance to round 2. If they can beat (WOW!) or draw (nice!) England, then the Americans could have a special thing going.

Spain is obviously the favorite and you can't go wrong with picking them or England because they are so strong, but I like the Italians to win it.

I love the World Cup!

This is a chance for Dempsey, M. Bradley and Altidore to shine. The world knows (thanks Nike) that Donovan is an overhyped, just "good", player. Hopefully Gooch, Boca and the rest of the back line can handle the elite players they are about to face.

Howard has nothing to prove as he is easily a top 10 keeper in the world. He could make himself a little more money though.

The England game will be a good litmus test for the rest of the tourney. Right now, there is no reason to believe they won't advance to round 2. If they can beat (WOW!) or draw (nice!) England, then the Americans could have a special thing going.

Spain is obviously the favorite and you can't go wrong with picking them or England because they are so strong, but I like the Italians to win it.

I love the World Cup!

Spain may be the most talented team, but their draw is going to do them no favors. They should have no problem winning group H, meaning they'll draw whoever finishes second in group G, the Group of Death...probably next door neighbor Portugal. That's no walk in the park...and assuming they get buy Portugal they'll more than likely be facing Italy in the quarters.

England and Brazil are on a course for each other in the semis, again assuming they both win group

Soccer - the only sport where a score of 1 - 0 is found exciting by its fans.

I guess you have never heard of baseball. It takes 3 plus hours to get a 1-0 game in baseball...at least soccer gets it done in 90 min. laugh.gif

• Upvote 1

Yep. Many, many a wasted night spent figuring out the different Kill Spike combos for that one.

Sam was dominant. Randy could throw a mean ball, but had eyebrow issues. Bill's bald head was distracting, but I liked how he could throw the ball out of the screen and have it just land on some guy.

• Upvote 3

Ok I've really never followed this soccer game so people please help me out a little. I'm staying at a beach house in a few weeks with nothing but soccer fans so I need a little info.

Here's what I know :

When I played that 1 year when I was 5 they gave us oranges at the half

I met some guy named Tatu ? that played for the Dallas Sidekicks ? a long time ago in the indoor league. I think he was pretty good. Is that league still around ?

I think Brazil & Argentina are the powerhouses ?

Usually if you go by 1 name your pretty good ? Pele , Rolando & and a Maradona ?

That Beckman guy plays , but is no longer very good... Is he still in America ?

I've heard of Freddy Adu because he signed realy young ( like 13) and some guy from East Texas is really good ( saw that on espn)

I've got to meet Mia Hamm a few times because she grew up in Wichita Falls and she gave me a autographed UNC hat and a autograph of Lexi Laulis ( something like that ) so I've heard of him and know what he looks like

Other than that I don't know anything

Can someone just explain to me how the World Cup works ? Have all the teams already qualified or do they have to have " play in " games ?

Thanks very much in advance. If this oil spill gets to Fl,AL I'll probably just be stuck at the sports bars & house watching this so I need a little info to sound somewhat informed

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok I've really never followed this soccer game so people please help me out a little. I'm staying at a beach house in a few weeks with nothing but soccer fans so I need a little info.

Here's what I know :

When I played that 1 year when I was 5 they gave us oranges at the half

I met some guy named Tatu ? that played for the Dallas Sidekicks ? a long time ago in the indoor league. I think he was pretty good. Is that league still around ?

I think Brazil & Argentina are the powerhouses ?

Usually if you go by 1 name your pretty good ? Pele , Rolando & and a Maradona ?

That Beckman guy plays , but is no longer very good... Is he still in America ?

I've heard of Freddy Adu because he signed realy young ( like 13) and some guy from East Texas is really good ( saw that on espn)

I've got to meet Mia Hamm a few times because she grew up in Wichita Falls and she gave me a autographed UNC hat and a autograph of Lexi Laulis ( something like that ) so I've heard of him and know what he looks like

Other than that I don't know anything

Can someone just explain to me how the World Cup works ? Have all the teams already qualified or do they have to have " play in " games ?

Thanks very much in advance. If this oil spill gets to Fl,AL I'll probably just be stuck at the sports bars & house watching this so I need a little info to sound somewhat informed

Sadly, Oranges go away after U-12. Time to get competitive and not just play for fun.

Tatu was the Nolan Ryan of the Sidekicks. The face of the franchise. The Indoor Soccer league has been dead since the early 2000s (at least in Dallas).

Brazil & Argentina are the powerhouses of S. America. They compete well on the world stage too. Spain/Germany/England/Italy/Netherlands/Portugal are some other teams to be aware of. Some of the African teams are good too like the Ivory Coast.

Usually, if you go by one name, you're either Brazilian, or yeah, you're good. Listen for Messi (sounds like "messee") from Argenina, Chrisiano Ronaldo of Spain, Kaka of Brazil, Xavi from Spain.

Beckham will be suited up for England this year. Yes, he is still under contract in LA, but he plays mostly in Europe.

Freddy Adu did not make the team. Yet another catastrophe of Nike hyping someone too much. The E.Texan(Nacogdoches) you're talking about is Clint Dempsey. He's probably the best field player on the US team.

Mia Hamm is the Jordan of Women's Soccer. She's the reason the Americans were so dominant in the 90's. Great Player. Alexi Lalas was OK, but now he runs some MLS team as a GM or something.

All teams are qualified and are in groups of 4 right now (32 total teams). The teams will all play the other teams in their group and the top 2 teams/group advance to the round of 16. After that, it's single elimination all the way to the final.

Go for the Americans! Expect them to be #2 in their opening group behind England. After that, who knows...

Enjoy the Cup!

• Upvote 1

i love futbol, i love the world cup.

i don't love the usa's chances getting out of the group round even with the draw we have.

but i will watch/love every minute.

I am trying to understand how you say that you don't think we will get out of group round. Have you seen who we are up against?! There is no reason we SHOULDN'T get out of group. If we don't we really are much worse than I thought. How is it possible that we go to the Confederations Cup final and here we sit wondering if we will get out of group. We aren't the underdog in the group round.

On top of this... we aren't playing the world cup in Europe. So long as it isn't there, we have a tendency to do ok.

And, whoever said that Donovan is over-hyped and over-paid has got to be kidding me. He truly is one of the best players on this team. This is from some of the people "who are in the know" that are in the EPL. If he wasn't, why did he go on loan to Everton for a month? The one who i don't like is dempsey. In the past he is a one man show and doesn't use the rest of his team like he should. Also, I don't understand why Beasley even made the 23 man roster. Talk about an individual who is inconsistent. Give me a limping Davies over a healthy bug-eyed Beasley.

I am trying to understand how you say that you don't think we will get out of group round. Have you seen who we are up against?! There is no reason we SHOULDN'T get out of group. If we don't we really are much worse than I thought. How is it possible that we go to the Confederations Cup final and here we sit wondering if we will get out of group. We aren't the underdog in the group round.

On top of this... we aren't playing the world cup in Europe. So long as it isn't there, we have a tendency to do ok.

And, whoever said that Donovan is over-hyped and over-paid has got to be kidding me. He truly is one of the best players on this team. This is from some of the people "who are in the know" that are in the EPL. If he wasn't, why did he go on loan to Everton for a month? The one who i don't like is dempsey. In the past he is a one man show and doesn't use the rest of his team like he should. Also, I don't understand why Beasley even made the 23 man roster. Talk about an individual who is inconsistent. Give me a limping Davies over a healthy bug-eyed Beasley.

I'm hoping Bradley goes 4-3-1-2...Dempsey, Edu and Beasley through the midfield, Donovan in a facilitator role in the middle and Altidor and Gomez up front

Edited by Censored by Laurie