What Team In The Tourney Scares You The Most?

I think we have a good shot at this tourney, but for some reason or another, I think MTSU has the best shot to knock us out, we might be poised to play them in the semi's

What are yall thoughts

I picked NT to win the entire tourney and they really do have the makings for an upset if we reach the big dance.

• Upvote 1

1. WKU (champs until beaten, with winning in their DNA going back decades)

2. ASU (Beat us twice, seem to have our number)

3. FIU (Matchup nightmares for us, both games being wars)

4. MTSU (beat us on their homefloor in only game we played them)

I know anyone else can beat us, but those are the 4 that trouble me.

If FIU makes it past Denver and MT, we may not get to the finals.

I doubt that will happen because Denver's style will probably frustrate FIU to no end.

I think MT is disciplined enough to beat Denver, and barring a Tyren Johnson explosion, UNT should advance. The UNT/MT matchup is a little scary. We haven't lost since our game in M'boro, so I think the guys will have a little revenge to play for.

As for the other bracket, I can see Troy possibly losing to the SA/FAU winner and I think whoever wins between WKU & ASU will make it to the finals with us. Hopefully, it's WKU. Not only because I think beating WKU would look better for UNT in the eyes of the selection committee, but I just don't like our matchup with ASU at all.

I think a lot of people are too quickly discounting the seasons of ASU and FAU. There is no doubt both limped into the tourney...but I'd suggest that the grind of the regular season wore on teams carried by freshmen not used to playing so many games in a season. Both teams have had a week off of rest and re-focus with arguably the league's 2 best coaches.

It wouldn't surprise me at to see both schools win at least 2 games...and for UNT's run to the NCAA to look IDENTICAL to that in 06-07.

I think a lot of people are too quickly discounting the seasons of ASU and FAU. There is no doubt both limped into the tourney...but I'd suggest that the grind of the regular season wore on teams carried by freshmen not used to playing so many games in a season. Both teams have had a week off of rest and re-focus with arguably the league's 2 best coaches.

It wouldn't surprise me at to see both schools win at least 2 games...and for UNT's run to the NCAA to look IDENTICAL to that in 06-07.

Reminds me of 1999. The teams loaded with young 'uns ripped the field up leaving a heavily upperclassman ASU to face a young WKU. ASU won that one. ASU, FAU, and USA are all very young and could be big threats. WKU has had ASU's number so I think WKU wins in the clutch.

UNT because they can beat themselves if they are not careful, otherwise ASU since they beat us twice this year already.

I think that is a very good analysis, UNT is a favorite and they have to be determined in where they want to go in this tourney.....Plenty of time to prepare though for any team....

• Upvote 1

I think we have a good shot at this tourney, but for some reason or another, I think MTSU has the best shot to knock us out, we might be poised to play them in the semi's

What are yall thoughts

I picked NT to win the entire tourney and they really do have the makings for an upset if we reach the big dance.

Devry.....cause they are serious about success! Kidding...hopefully we don't see FIU or ASU...otherwise I say bring it!

I've been looking around and it looks like most people are picking WKU to win the whole thing.... I'm not really excited about the possibility of playing them, but the only team in the tourney that can beat UNT is UNT. we have to get our minds right and actually start out strong in the first half.

It is going to be a great tournament that ends up with UNT makin some noise in the NCAA's!

MTSU scares me the most simply becuase they are the semifinal opponent. Troy doesn't scare me and I think they will be beat by the ASU / WKU winner. While both of those teams are scary, they don't scare me as much in their fourth game in four nights. So, it's definitely the MUTS>

1. WKU (champs until beaten, with winning in their DNA going back decades)

2. ASU (Beat us twice, seem to have our number)

3. FIU (Matchup nightmares for us, both games being wars)

4. MTSU (beat us on their homefloor in only game we played them)

I know anyone else can beat us, but those are the 4 that trouble me.

Ditto , although I'd flip 3 & 4

Obviously, WKU is the team to beat. They have by a substantial margin the best basketball program in the Belt in terms of tradition and resources as well as results. Two straight years with NCAA Tournament success coupled with a great upsurge in play with the return of Sergio Kerush to the line-up make them the favorite. However, they can be beat; WKU was 7-2 in February with surprising losses to ULM and Houston. They have blown out several good teams but were taken to overtime by both ASU and FAU. They are a veteran team starting 2 seniors and 2 juniors. They have a very solid starting team but not a lot of depth. Slaugter their 6' 3 guard leads them in scoring at 17.7 but has recently taken a backseat to Kerush. Kerush and Pettigrew both 6'5 fireplugs are averaging 14.9 ppg with respectively 7.1 and 6.0 rebounds a game. Evans at 6'9 is averaging 10.5 ppg and 7.1 rb. Their fifth starter is Argyle's Dickerson, a freshman. I wonder if NT even recruited him. I think NT can beat WKU, they may have done that last year with a healthy Tremial. NT does have an advantage in WKU not getting a bye and can only meet them in the finals with them playing their fourth game in four days.

The other team I think a lot of NT fans are ignoring is Troy. Troy is 6-1 in February winning 8 of their last 9 games including beating the MUTS twice. They have five seniors that have started every game for them this year. Four starters average double figures with the fifth Jones avering 9 ppg. The good thing for NT is that Troy and WKU are both in the opposite brackets so NT only has to beat one.