Congrats To Boise State: 14-0, National Champs

FirefightnRick

If TCU played that game against Texas, Florida, Iowa, 'Bama or any of the other teams they would have faced had the pairing gone the way we all wanted it to, the result would have been the same. They didn't play well, and were simply outclassed by Boise State, and i believe would be outclassed by ANY of the other teams (except maybe Cincy) who made a BCS Bowl.

...now, I admit, they didn't play to their potential. They are better than they showed last night, I have no doubt, but I don't believe for one second they are better than our could beat Texas, Florida or Alabama.

...and Quoner, it's not the pairing of TCU and Boise that sucks, it is the entire system where the teams like Boise who won last night and has an undefeated season won't have a chance to be in the title picture. I have no problem with the pairing, but I certainly think it sucks that Boise doesn't get to play whoever wins the game on Thursday night to determine which of the undefeated teams are better and deserve the title.

We agree that the entire system sucks and Boise should march over to Pasadena and call next on the field, but if losing 17-10 on a trick punt from your own 33 while your QB plays like crap is outclassed, I shudder to think what to call what happens when NT loses.

No matter who lost this game, people would be saying that the BCS boys would pound the loser and write them off exactly as you are doing, which is why a lot of people think this match-up happened.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We agree that the entire system sucks and Boise should march over to Pasadena and call next on the field, but if losing 17-10 on a trick punt from your own 33 while your QB plays like crap is outclassed, I shudder to think what to call what happens when NT loses.

No matter who lost this game, people would be saying that the BCS boys would pound the loser and write them off exactly as you are doing, which is why a lot of people think this match-up happened.

That's a pretty good take/post. The Fiesta is being referred to as the national championship of the "Kid's Table" by at least one website.

"Tune in next week when the Hyperbolic Jackass will suggest that we sign a 50 person recruitng class! He may miss the point of a thread, he'll he may even refute arguments that were never made, but he'll always do it with flair!"

Pot meet Kettle.

I don't watch a lot of TCU football, but I don't recall Patterson jettisoning his game plan as fast as he did last night in years. a 2:1 passing ratio in a game that was within a score or tied for all but a few minutes seems very out of character for how that team wins. If Nevada and La Tech can ring up yards on that team, there's got to be a way to adjust the running game to get outside or attack the gaps differently.

Five weeks to prepare is a long freaking time for anyone. , but that was thorough coaching and game-planning dominance by Petersen and his staff against a very good team. Should give everyone predicting a Bama rout Thursday (me included) a little bit of pause.

Excellent post. I could not believe the play selection early on. It's like they kept trying to prove something that wasn't there with the pass.

Rick

Where are all the folks who were on this board at the end of the regular season talking about how TCU got the shaft and how they could beat Texas, Florida or 'Bama any day?

...just askin'.

I too am still here. I think TCU could beat tu. Just because they lost doesnt mean $hit. Boise is just that good.

Edited by Rudy

I missed most of the first half, but from what I saw in the second, I would lay a lot of the blame at the feet of the TCU WR's. I haven't seen so many drops since TO left Dallas.

Exactly. There was a stretch in the third quarter where Frog receivers dropped four or five passes in a row. There was also the sure TD dropped in the fourth quarter by #13. I also thought TCU's receivers didn't fight for some of the pass break ups/interceptions. Many times, the Frog receivers just stood in place while Dalton was being forced out of the pocket. It wasn't until late when one of their guys finally broke away during a scramble and gave him a better target.

Still, it was a great defensive game for both sides. Fun to watch. Both sides were well-coached.

Patterson's a good coach, but he looked uptight and the whole team looked uptight from the gun. Boise State has been there before and were more relaxed. Maybe TCU will get to that point as well.

Congrats to Boise St, but I still think that Texas, Bama, and Florida would beat them. Boise struggled in the year against a weak Tulsa, La Tech, and Nevada. SMU beat 2 out of the 3 teams, and to say that Boise could beat Texas, Bama, and Florida is absurd.

We'll never know who would have beat who without a playoff.....that is what is absurd. Thank the BC$. <_<

Congrats to Boise St, but I still think that Texas, Bama, and Florida would beat them. Boise struggled in the year against a weak Tulsa, La Tech, and Nevada. SMU beat 2 out of the 3 teams, and to say that Boise could beat Texas, Bama, and Florida is absurd.

Prove it.

They also beat the Pac-10 champion. And they did so much more convincingly than the Big 10 champion did. Boise can play.

You're drinking some really screwy koolaid if you think Boise State would survive the SEC untarnished.

Is Oregon even the same team as week 1? Maybe Boise State isn't, either, but I say those two teams split a 10 game series on a neutral field.

"Prove it". Okay we get it. But our reality is that they won't get a chance to prove it. (not meant as a jab against you specifically, CBL)

Prove that the rest of the WAC is in par with the SEC w/o them setting foot on the same field, and you just might be qualified to take down the BCS.

All things being the way they are, for good and bad, Texas and Alabama are the safe assumptions for title contenders. Let it be until all this BCS is fixed.

Edited by greenminer

You have conviced me. I think Coach Dodge should recruit nothing but "tight ends" for every position.

Heck, get rid of all the coaching staff and hire the best "flash-in-the-pan" HC, DC, OC.....DIII, DII or whatever coach that looks good for that particular week. Reminds me of me with a laser pointer and watching a little kitty chase the "red dot" all around the house....."there it is kitty...get it"......"no, there it is kitty....chase it"......"there it is kitty...jump, jump, jump."

Heck, bring back the Triple Option becuz the service acadamies used it and won.....hire all their staff to come here. Next year they may win with the "Wing-T" so we will, naturally, get rid of our coaches and incorporate that into our program with their coaches and players.

You guys are talking "merry go round." This sort of reminds me of incoming freshmen who stand in front of the admin building trying to figure out which women who pass buy that they are going to have meaningful relationships for the rest of their meaningless freshman lives. After all said and done it similar to a dog chasing their tail or some pimple faced freshman taking a long shower with a jar of petrolium jelly.

WTF???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me you were that Freshman...

You're drinking some really screwy koolaid if you think Boise State would survive the SEC untarnished.

Is Oregon even the same team as week 1? Maybe Boise State isn't, either, but I say those two teams split a 10 game series on a neutral field.

"Prove it". Okay we get it. But our reality is that they won't get a chance to prove it. (not meant as a jab against you specifically, CBL)

Prove that the rest of the WAC is in par with the SEC w/o them setting foot on the same field, and you just might be qualified to take down the BCS.

All things being the way they are, for good and bad, Texas and Alabama are the safe assumptions for title contenders. Let it be until all this BCS is fixed.

Prove it.

Exactly. There was a stretch in the third quarter where Frog receivers dropped four or five passes in a row. There was also the sure TD dropped in the fourth quarter by #13. I also thought TCU's receivers didn't fight for some of the pass break ups/interceptions. Many times, the Frog receivers just stood in place while Dalton was being forced out of the pocket. It wasn't until late when one of their guys finally broke away during a scramble and gave him a better target.

Still, it was a great defensive game for both sides. Fun to watch. Both sides were well-coached.

Patterson's a good coach, but he looked uptight and the whole team looked uptight from the gun. Boise State has been there before and were more relaxed. Maybe TCU will get to that point as well.

I thought that maybe nerves were some of the issue last night. It seems there was some confusion and some things that were rushed especially in the first half when they said their headsets weren't working and the noise level was just insane. TCU has never played in a dome before, at least not this year and I have to wonder if that amplified the noise and if it threw them off at first. I mentioned to my husband today that I also thought the nerves were just due to being in the spotlight and playing in a big game. As you said, Boise has BTDT and this was a TCU first. Regardless I am bummed about the loss (huge TCU fan here for my own reasons) but excited to see what happens next year. They only lose 6 seniors although I'm not sure how many are starters.

Week 2: Oregon 38 Purdue 36

BSU beat Oregon last year ON OREGON'S FIELD.

Nope. Just personal dislike veiled as a logical comparison. If ever you disagree generally with a person just demonize them in a general sense. How very Republican.

Goes both ways there. Ive seen plenty of that "demonizing" from the liberals.

They also beat the Pac-10 champion. And they did so much more convincingly than the Big 10 champion did. Boise can play.

Boise beat Oregon 19-8 , Ohio State beat Oregon 26-17, how is that more convincingly? Boise struggled against a Tulsa team that lost 45 to 0 to Oklahoma. Boise only beat FCS UC Davis 34-16, how would you expect them to play with Bama, Florida, or Texas?

Boise beat Oregon 19-8 , Ohio State beat Oregon 26-17, how is that more convincingly? Boise struggled against a Tulsa team that lost 45 to 0 to Oklahoma. Boise only beat FCS UC Davis 34-16, how would you expect them to play with Bama, Florida, or Texas?

This whole discussion would be settled if there was a fair playoff system intact. I personally believe that both Boise and TCU would hold their own versus Bama, Florida, and Texas. I am not saying they would definitely win but it would be a good and close game from beginning to end.