Leach Fired

untStein

Yes, and the players that are there are for Leach's spread. Small receivers, gun slingers at QB, etc. It would be a challenge to go to a pro style or even a more traditional spread offense. Don't you think they have already approached Briles maybe through some back channels before pulling the trigger on Leach? This hire might settle the fan/alumni base down, and at least give them a lot of continuity in their program.

Oh, yeah. I'm sure they've already contacted him. The only unfortunte thing is that because Baylor is a private school, I haven't been able to locate a copy of Briles contract to see how the buyout language reads.

Also, Baylor is one of the schools that offered Scotty Young. If Tech gets Briles, he already have a QB committed with whom he has a relationship. His other offers were listed as Arizona, SMU, and Rice.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Also, it'll be interesting to see where Mike Leach lands. I think he'd be a good fit for the Colorado or Miami (FL) jobs. I think both will be open after next season. Colorado is awful and Miami (FL) had a miracle year in 2009 to buy Randy Shannon another year. They could easily tank in 2010, and fans were already grumbling there before this season. It think their coach is on a short leash.

I could also see Leach at Arizona State as Dennis Erickson continues to wear out his welcome there. Or, the Wazzou job. Paul Wulff has an abysmal 3-22 record on the Palouse in his first two seasons. And, with Washington's fortunes changing quickly under Steve Sarkisian, you gotta think the Cougar fans on the other end of the state are getting restless. Another poor showing in 2010 and that job will also be open.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were James, I would get out of Lubbock now. Buddy who is a Tech fan told me Adam James's cell number and the James family home address was just posted on the Tech board.

Craig James allows himself to be used by yet another university.

Let the games begin.

Edited by UNT90

Michigan St. has to be LOVING this....

What do you think the side story is going to be for this game when it is broadcast by ESPN? If you're a MSU fan, do you want to hear about the other school's baggage all game long?

Sorry, but anyone who believes that this in any way is another example of the wussification of America is completely blind.

Leach ticked off many in the Tech administration after the 2008 season with the whole contract renegotiation fiasco. They are simply using Adam James to find a means to an end. Are those administrators going to regret firing Leach in this fashion? Absolutely.

So here is my question - if they didn't like the whole contact renegotiation, why not just tell him he can coach out his contract and then part ways.

If I were James, I would get out of Lubbock now. Buddy who is a Tech fan told me Adam James's cell number and the James family home address was just posted on the Tech board.

Craig James allows himself to be used by yet another university.

Let the games begin.

While Craig James and his son may be douchebags, I don't this should be happening. I mean you can be pissed but don't post his cell number and his address for the whole world to see. It is just unacceptable.

And this thread is on the UNT football board because......................??

It affects our recruiting? We have a mega-donor who will pay 1.5 mil a year if we hire Leach? Because it is bowl season, and we are not in a bowl?

Because it's the biggest college football news this month?

Yes, it is unfortunate for the other members of the James family that these items were posted. I don't have a lot of sympathy for Adam or Craig.

This is off topic, but it's funny. I read over some of the hottest threads on that website and, I mean, for a Pirate ship program, where's the hijacking I was told a week or so ago that supposedly goes on everywhere else?

Rick

Rick, if that's what you took from those posts, I don't know how to help you. They have a serious issue to discuss and they seemed pretty focused on it because it is real news. Heck, people have started 15 threads on it on our board and there's not a hijack attempt in site -- except yours.

There wasn't a lot of thread-jacking when Dodge was hired or Dickey was fired either. It's the damndest thing.

Michigan St. has to be LOVING this....

In this situation, I'm not sure if I would be loving it. Sure this fiasco is going on but I think the players and fans will be so jacked up that they will dedicate their whole season and win to Leach and will play their absolute balls out. If you ask me I would think they would not be loving this so much.

Craig James grew up in Houston! HS All-All American at Stratford. I have always liked James as a player and person.

I saw Craig James & Stratford beat Plano in the State Final. Then I watched him beat NT in college. I believe James moved to Plano after his pro career was over....still haunting/following me. I'd see him around town before he moved to Celina. I saw him as recently as last summer in a burger joint in Plano, but never talked to or knew him. He seemed OK except for his biased with BCS schools over non-BCS ones on his commentary. I don't think his relationship with SMU is very good and I don't think he let his son get recruited by them.

Video Adam James made on his cell phone from inside one of the rooms he was confined in. I first saw this on channel 11 tonight.

dZqvajnhZDU

Rick

Why would a guy who was showing up to practice have a cell phone in his pocket? Or ANYTHING in his pockets, for that matter?

Why would a guy who was showing up to practice have a cell phone in his pocket? Or ANYTHING in his pockets, for that matter?

I'm thinking he had to be there in street clothes even though injured and unable to participate. That's when the doctor's excuse (mild concussion) not to practice and wear sun glasses came into play. Leach not liking that diagnosis and/or the sun glasses decided to banish him to the garage one day then the electrical closet the second day, both without lights on and standing. Stupid move as much as concussions have been in the news this year. Channel 8 News said more about the situation would be released from Tech on Thursday.