Any Advice For The New Orleans Bowl ?

KAjunRaider

We were just in New Orleans in November. Jazz brunch at the Court of Two Sisters is fantastic. Great buffet with over 80 items. If you go at 10:30 a.m. you can start with breakfast and move into lunch at 11:00 a.m. Good bloody marys too. The WWII Museum is a must. Newly added exhibits and a theater were opened right before Thanksgiving.

Check out the French Market. It is back in full swing since being totally renovated after Katrina. There is a little red trailer that serves food. Even some of the locals will tell you the gumbo from the trailer is better than their mothers or grandmothers make. Also, new food places in the French Market.

Don't ask any locals you meet about Katrina. They are tired of talking to tourist about Katrina. Most places you go you are going to be thanked for coming to New Orleans. The locals are so appreciative that people are coming back and spending their money.

I got solicited by a tranny at Krystal at around 5 am last time. My cabbie had to come rescue me from outside. I rewarded him by buying him a meal.

I'll give you the advice my cabbie gave my group during our visit in summer 2008:

You're gonna get drunk and you'll probably get frisky with a woman. That's cool -- but be careful. If you're getting with a girl and she starts telling you that she can't go further because she's on the rag or not feeling well, there's a man part in her shorts. It might be all tucked and hidden, but trust me, it's there. Get out now. A lot of times I'l lsee guys too drunk to realize there with trannies and I drop them off. Then I wait around the corner for 10-15 minutes because they come running out all wide-eyed like they just saw a ghost. It's not a ghost, though, it's a penis. Stay away from those and I'll watch your back.

Thanks to all.

I have printed these out here a few hours before we leave.

I'll be sure to call FireFightin'Rick and rub it in as I'm eating a Roast Beef PoBoy with extra gravy followed up with a white chocolate bread pudding with rum sauce !

OMG! :o Does such a thing really exsist?

Edited by SilverEagle

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop. It's a tavern located on the corner of Bourbon Street and St. Philip Street. One of the oldest running taverns in the US.

Central Grocery, located at 923 Decatur Street. Great muffulletas.

2009 MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL : NO (MORE) EXCUSES !!! :angry:

GO MEAN GREEN !!!

Hmmmmmmm...last time my bride and I went into Lafitte's there were only men there enjoying the company of other men...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...is that still the case?

I suggest eating at Desire on Bourbon Street (great jambayala). Hand grenades and beignets are a must!! And take a Ghost Tour! Can be a little pricey but well worth the money!! During the day, the aquarium is great time (and great if you are taking kids!).

Have a good time, stay out of trouble, and enjoy the great atmosphere and scenery. It is a fanatastic city and a great experience.

Good luck MTSU! Beat USM!

Hmmmmmmm...last time my bride and I went into Lafitte's there were only men there enjoying the company of other men...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...is that still the case?

If its in the red light district, then it probably gears toward that crowd, but they probably serve everyone. If you go during the day, you may not even notice.

Let us know where you ended up going. So we can further wallow in these offseason joys.

We ate at Luke on Friday evening (best meal we had). I had the redfish courtbouillon and others had their signature shrimp & grits. Finished it off with the bread pudding. Excellent, excellent N'Awlins French Bread.

Ate at Deanie's Saturday for lunch. Had the charbroiled oysters for appetizer and gumbo for entree. Another had the crawfish etoufee.

We did the MT alumni dinner on Saturday night at Gordan Biersch Brewery. FanFest was done up right.

Ate lunch at Mother's on Sunday-- Great rec on the Ferdi's Special !

Ate jambalaya at the Dome for dinner.

Ate at Cafe' Du Monde on Monday for b'fast.

So much stuff surrounding the bowl that we didn't have time to do much else, esp. with an 8th-month old daughter. I did get out on Bourbon Saturday evening and got the wife mad at arriving back at the hotel at 5am :o

Again, thanks for the recommendations !! I got a call from FireFightin' Rick during the game, and he said we should go for it on 4th and one. I said punt. We got the critical first down, and Rick was right !