Did Anyone Notice The Final Bcs Ratings?

GMoney

If you look closely TCU actually finished 4th! Cincy finished 3rd. Not sure what would have happened if Texas lost but Cincy jumped TCU and may have been playing in the National Championship Game.

Not may have been playing in the national championship, would have been playing. The Texas outcome had little to no bearing on TCU and Cincy.

Man oh man, if Pitt and Nebraska would have held on......

What chaos could have ensued.

But I just don't think there was any chance in Hades that the BCS would have ever let TCU in the big game.

I would not have been shocked to see AL/FLA part 2 for the championship.

We were a last minute drive and a kick out of bounds/horse collar away from seeing a dream scenario for all fans of the little guy.

The powers that be must have really sold their soul on Saturday..... Oh well, maybe next year.

Effing Dickey.

Also, why doesn't TCU have the balls to play us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

I work with a TCU alum and was talking to her a few minutes ago. She was at Daniel Meyer yesterday for the bowl announcement and said that you could really feel the air go out of the place a bit when Boise was announced as the opponent. I think TCU will smoke the Broncos.

I work with a TCU alum and was talking to her a few minutes ago. She was at Daniel Meyer yesterday for the bowl announcement and said that you could really feel the air go out of the place a bit when Boise was announced as the opponent. I think TCU will smoke the Broncos.

I actually expect a pretty good game. Boise did beat Oregon afterall.

If Nebraska and Pitt would have won, it might have gotten TCU in the title game. Maybe. It might also have left Boise going to a minor bowl again. Texas and Cinncinatti would have still gone to a BCS bowl, so Boise might have gotten shafted completely.

I doubt Cincinatti would have gone to a BCS game. Texas would have taken Boise's spot, and Cincinatti would not have been selected over Iowa. BSU still would have been shafted tho.

Edited by CMJ

I think it will be very entertaining and one of the best matchups.

BTW, someone mentioned that all the teams had final BCS ratings, not just the Top 25. Anyone know where UNT finished?

Edited by NT80

If you look closely TCU actually finished 4th! Cincy finished 3rd. Not sure what would have happened if Texas lost but Cincy jumped TCU and may have been playing in the National Championship Game.

During an interview on the Mark Davis show yesterday, Joe Barton said something to the fact of: "Consider this, TCU made 10 bowl games the past 11 years and Baylor made none. However, Baylor still brought in around $6 Million due to conference affiliation with their conferences' Automatic Qualifier status, and TCU only made about $2 Million".

Rick

During an interview on the Mark Davis show yesterday, Joe Barton said something to the fact of: "Consider this, TCU made 10 bowl games the past 11 years and Baylor made none. However, Baylor still brought in around $6 Million due to conference affiliation with their conferences' Automatic Qualifier status, and TCU only made about $2 Million".

Rick

What really amazes me here is the hypocrisy of Baylor. I guess the money that they get for being a punching bag for the state schools in the Big XII is worth the $6million in bowl money and the attendance that those schools' fans bring to Waco. What's funny, though, is that almost every TCU fan you will meet would do just about anything to be in the Big XII instead of Baylor. I am just not so sure that if they traded places that Baylor wouldn't be at the top of the MWC and that TCU wouldn't be in the cellar within 3 years if that change was made. It is funny how TCU looked down at being in a conference with SMU and Rice, yet Baylor does the same thing to them. But if they would stop looking down their noses at each other--and some other state schools in Texas--they could actually build themsleves one heck of a regional conference that could have several bowl tie-ins in the Southwest. But again, Baylor gets the $$$ and the losses, TCU get the wins and some $$. I guess the real question is which setup is more preferable to fans, team, athletic department, and the university?

TCU would have won the Big XII this year and I would argue that there is no way they would end up in the cellar like Baylor.

No doubt--but I guess the question is if they traded places, would TCU and Baylor be in opposite positions in their leagues within 3 years or 5 years? I just think Baylor, which was a very good program in the old SWC, has been absolutely beaten into submission in the Big XII because the competition has been so strong. TCU, which was a mediocre-to bad SWC program, has seen its program soar in the different conferences they have been a part of over the last 14 years because they were competing against schools that they more compatible. If TCU had started in the Big XII and Baylor been in the other conferences that TCU was in, then I suspect that these two would be in opposite places today. That's my point--I think Baylor just hides behind the Big XII $$$ skirt because they don't have to do ANYTHING to pay for their Athletic Department. But in the end, I think TCU's success helps the school's image more, which increases donations and enrollment, whereas Baylor gets lots of $$$, but it has to have an effect on support from alumni and enrollment that could blossom if they had more success in football. Its amazing that this all comes down to football success, but the Flutie-effect has changed admissions for years and I think Baylor has sold out.

If Nebraska and Pitt would have won, it might have gotten TCU in the title game. Maybe. It might also have left Boise going to a minor bowl again. Texas and Cinncinatti would have still gone to a BCS bowl, so Boise might have gotten shafted completely.

Actually, Texas would likely have gotten an at large bid, but I don't think Cincy would have been invited to a BCS game. Here are my projections based on your scenario.

Title Game: TCU vs Bama

Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Ohio State

Sugar: Florida vs Pitt

Fiesta: Boise vs Nebraska

Orange Bowl: Ga Tech vs Texas

In my scenario, #10 Iowa as the second Big Ten team gets left out. Everyone's previous predictions neglected the fact that Nebraska becomes the Big XII auto qualifier. And the Fiesta Bowl and the Big XII are in bed together so Nebraska goes there. And Texas would stay ranked high enough to deserve an at large bid.

Actually, Texas would likely have gotten an at large bid, but I don't think Cincy would have been invited to a BCS game. Here are my projections based on your scenario.

Title Game: TCU vs Bama

Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Ohio State

Sugar: Florida vs Pitt

Fiesta: Boise vs Nebraska

Orange Bowl: Ga Tech vs Texas

In my scenario, #10 Iowa as the second Big Ten team gets left out. Everyone's previous predictions neglected the fact that Nebraska becomes the Big XII auto qualifier. And the Fiesta Bowl and the Big XII are in bed together so Nebraska goes there. And Texas would stay ranked high enough to deserve an at large bid.

I think you're right except BSU gets left out for Iowa.

I think you're right except BSU gets left out for Iowa.

If the BCS has proven anything, it's that nothing is impossible. So I don't really disagree with you. I know they like teams from the big 6 conferences.

But I gave the edge to an undefeated #6 Boise State because they are ranked 4 spots higher than #10 Iowa. I just can't imagine an undefeated #6 team in the country being left out of the BCS picture. There would be a huge backlash for that one.

If the BCS has proven anything, it's that nothing is impossible. So I don't really disagree with you. I know they like teams from the big 6 conferences.

But I gave the edge to an undefeated #6 Boise State because they are ranked 4 spots higher than #10 Iowa. I just can't imagine an undefeated #6 team in the country being left out of the BCS picture. There would be a huge backlash for that one.

Like when they choose a 10-2 Ohio State over undefeated Boise last year?