Which Kickoff Time Do You Prefer

NT03

I don't know if RV can control it or if it's decided by the conference for t.v purposes.

Honest question , if we were playing FIU for our last home game instead of Army would you expect more than 5K ?? I think Army will bring a good crowd and it might actually be a good game.

Edited by NT03

My preference is to have night games in September and early October due to the heat of Texas summers then change to afternoon games for middle to late October and all of November.

yes, just like the schedule this year. there were only like 4 evening college games scheduled for yesterday, most for tv. the attendance problem is with the product on the field.

It's insane that this is even a topic.

Nobody wants to go to an afternoon game while it's blistering hot outside, and nobody enjoys spending the first half of a game looking directly into the sun.

The US Navy provides the exact time that the sun will set for the next thousand years or so on he USNO site.

U.S. Naval Observatory

Astronomical Applications Department

Sun Data for One Day

The following information is provided for Denton, Denton County, Texas (longitude W97.1, latitude N33.2):

Sunday

8 November 2009 Central Standard Time

SUN

Begin civil twilight 6:27 a.m.

Sunrise 6:53 a.m.

Sun transit 12:12 p.m.

Sunset 5:31 p.m.

End civil twilight 5:57 p.m.

The NOAA.gov site list the average temperature range from the last century for each date of the year.

Football games are entertainment / social events, and those events should always be scheduled after sunset during hot months. That's a no brainer. Afternoon games during November and December are an optional adjustment because of cooler weather.

yes, just like the schedule this year. there were only like 4 evening college games scheduled for yesterday, most for tv. the attendance problem is with the product on the field.

Except even during the bowl years we had bad attendance for afternoon games, we are North Texas we can not learn from the past. If we were in the Big 12 and then afternoon games would not be a problem as much. So if you want good attendance put the games later in the day. Just the way it is probably until we start cracking the top 25.

Except even during the bowl years we had bad attendance for afternoon games, we are North Texas we can not learn from the past. If we were in the Big 12 and then afternoon games would not be a problem as much. So if you want good attendance put the games later in the day. Just the way it is probably until we start cracking the top 25.

It's just difficult for me to get organized for tailgating for anything earlier than a 5:00 p.m. start. I'm sure that parents have a lot on their plate during this time of year. However, when people are hopeful, and/or find the opponent interesting, they'll show up.

It's just difficult for me to get organized for tailgating for anything earlier than a 5:00 p.m. start. I'm sure that parents have a lot on their plate during this time of year. However, when people are hopeful, and/or find the opponent interesting, they'll show up.

Man, it's a good thing you are not having to support a school in the Big 10. You'd never make it. :) Their kickoffs are generally at noon or 11 AM and that is the whole year long. If you can't get organized for anything less than a 5 PM start, those games over & done with hours before that time period.

Man, it's a good thing you are not having to support a school in the Big 10. You'd never make it. :) Their kickoffs are generally at noon or 11 AM and that is the whole year long. If you can't get organized for anything less than a 5 PM start, those games over & done with hours before that time period.

This is a promise: If we ever get in a "BCS" conference, or whatever it would be called at that time, I'll be there, finished with tailgating, and in the gate in time for that early kickoff.

That just shows that it's not necessarily the W-L record either. It's the interest in the games. Nobody cares about playing UL-Monroe or Florida International. But I'm going to guarantee attendance of over 23k in two weeks against Army.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could join the Big 12 and get big name schools in our house?

:ph34r:

That just shows that it's not necessarily the W-L record either. It's the interest in the games. Nobody cares about playing UL-Monroe or Florida International. But I'm going to guarantee attendance of over 23k in two weeks against Army.

I sure hope so... But I'm skeptical. I think we're going to be down more than 3,000 people from Navy. First off, I don't think anyone will argue that the fan enthusiasm is anywhere near where we were two years ago. I think we'll be down more than just 3,000 North Texas fans.

And I don't think Army is enough of a factor to bring out a giant crowd. They played Temple in Philadelphia, and the crowd was 14,200. The week before, Temple pulled 13,400 for a home game against Ball State.

In 2008, Tulane hosted SMU on September 25th, and drew a crowd of 25,600. They host Army on October 4th, and they draw 23,800. October 25th, they host Rice and draw just under 18k.

I don't care if everyone in the stadium shows up in black and gold, if it means we sell out our tickets. But I think teams like Army, Navy... They may pull as many as 5-6k fans who'd never show up otherwise... But the main value they bring to a schedule is their ability to get apathetic or casual fans to show up, and as a lure for die-hards to bring people who are usually disinterested along with them.

I remember hearing from people about how they were bringing their boss or their neighbor or their co-worker or someone who'd never shown any interest in a North Texas game, based on the double bill of Dodgeball and a recognizable opponent. Haven't been hearing that same talk this year.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope this game draws a big crowd. I'd be satisfied to hear we pulled 20,000 people.

I sure hope so... But I'm skeptical. I think we're going to be down more than 3,000 people from Navy. First off, I don't think anyone will argue that the fan enthusiasm is anywhere near where we were two years ago. I think we'll be down more than just 3,000 North Texas fans.

And I don't think Army is enough of a factor to bring out a giant crowd. They played Temple in Philadelphia, and the crowd was 14,200. The week before, Temple pulled 13,400 for a home game against Ball State.

In 2008, Tulane hosted SMU on September 25th, and drew a crowd of 25,600. They host Army on October 4th, and they draw 23,800. October 25th, they host Rice and draw just under 18k.

I don't care if everyone in the stadium shows up in black and gold, if it means we sell out our tickets. But I think teams like Army, Navy... They may pull as many as 5-6k fans who'd never show up otherwise... But the main value they bring to a schedule is their ability to get apathetic or casual fans to show up, and as a lure for die-hards to bring people who are usually disinterested along with them.

I remember hearing from people about how they were bringing their boss or their neighbor or their co-worker or someone who'd never shown any interest in a North Texas game, based on the double bill of Dodgeball and a recognizable opponent. Haven't been hearing that same talk this year.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope this game draws a big crowd. I'd be satisfied to hear we pulled 20,000 people.

I would like to say this, and as someone who's an Army veteran (although briefly, and never fired a shot except in practice). The Army community is hurting right now, due to recent events, which are of a nature which no one can prepare to handle. I would love to see us reach out to do whatever it takes to get as many Army fans to our game and make them feel welcome (except on the field) as possible.

I would like to say this, and as someone who's an Army veteran (although briefly, and never fired a shot except in practice). The Army community is hurting right now, due to recent events, which are of a nature which no one can prepare to handle. I would love to see us reach out to do whatever it takes to get as many Army fans to our game and make them feel welcome (except on the field) as possible.

Totally agree with hopes of a big turnout! It was really cool to see the Navy Cadets two years ago walking through the tailgating areas. If that does not get your patriotic juices flowing, you don't have any.

Even though we had a reported 11K turnout for WKU, it was 4K actually scanned coming through gates. Athletic Dept includes all tickets sold for attendance report. Not actual attendance. Seemed like ULL attendance was about the same.

I get the feeling that the Team and Fans (message board has gone quite the last two weeks) have mailed in this season. Very sad. Is it going to be any different next year?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could join the Big 12 and get big name schools in our house?

:ph34r:

I also think World Peace would be awesome, too...

7. As a student, I can't stand the sun in my eyes for the first 1/3 of the game.

I made my ritual round-trip around Fouts at halftime Saturday. You can barely make out anything on the field at that time of day from the student side (probably a good thing right now). Anyway, I would only have to experience that once before I'd say "forget it".

All games should be scheduled for 7:00 or later. As already stated, 3:00 should be reserved for when we're in the top 25.