A Request To Our Members

The Non-UNT Sports Board was originally devised for the GMG Community to provide more space for sports discussion in the various sports related forums. Little did we know that it would explode in terms of interest and it has now turned into one of our more popular areas, especially in the off sports season.

As many of you know, things have gotten fairly heated in here at times throughout the past couple of months. I want to ask everyone to relax, take a step back and remember that we are here because we support UNT and the Mean Green. I have seen good Mean Green fans who have been friends on GMG.com for years become enemies because of bickering over political differences which were exposed on the Non UNT News Board and that concerns me. We can disagree on certain topics, but we can also be tolerant of our Mean Green brothers who have different political views and experiences. I am going to be watching this board closely over the next couple of weeks and I am hoping that everyone will support me in making this a kinder and gentler place to discuss everything under the sun. If it doesn't improve I will take steps to fix it or just remove the board all together.

PS, if you are trying to discuss an issue like for instance global warming or healthcare that is fine, just post the article and/or your thoughts. Please refrain from posting multiple articles that you have little interest or knowledge of but just support a particular political agenda. We have enough challenges to get this University and Athletic programs where they deserve to be. Let's be respectful of others differences and not create new divisions within our ranks. GMG!

The Non-UNT Sports Board was originally devised for the GMG Community to provide more space for sports discussion in the various sports related forums. Little did we know that it would explode in terms of interest and it has now turned into one of our more popular areas, especially in the off sports season.

As many of you know, things have gotten fairly heated in here at times throughout the past couple of months. I want to ask everyone to relax, take a step back and remember that we are here because we support UNT and the Mean Green. I have seen good Mean Green fans who have been friends on GMG.com for years become enemies because of bickering over political differences which were exposed on the Non UNT News Board and that concerns me. We can disagree on certain topics, but we can also be tolerant of our Mean Green brothers who have different political views and experiences. I am going to be watching this board closely over the next couple of weeks and I am hoping that everyone will support me in making this a kinder and gentler place to discuss everything under the sun. If it doesn't improve I will take steps to fix it or just remove the board all together.

PS, if you are trying to discuss an issue like for instance global warming or healthcare that is fine, just post the article and/or your thoughts. Please refrain from posting multiple articles that you have little interest or knowledge of but just support a particular political agenda. We have enough challenges to get this University and Athletic programs where they deserve to be. Let's be respectful of others differences and not create new divisions within our ranks. GMG!

Standing ovation

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Too many complete sentences, extended arguments, and coherent points. Harry, could you please reduce this to a couple dependent clauses, unorthodox capitalizations and alarmist bolding of political code words so we can tell whether you're a libr'l or conservithug and automatically love or hate the fact you posted it, regardless of what the point actually was?

j/k obviously. Well said.

• Upvote 1

I'd start a slow clap, but apparently you're already getting an ovation.

The ovation just keeps getting louder. Hey folks, speaking of audio volume, think of this: in her "CEO" interview on Channel 13, President Bataille mentioned that one thing the new stadium is designed for is keeping the sound inside. To me, that shows that real concerns are being addressed.

What he said.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

O man I just was about to put my new avatar up showing the latest two contenders for the pres/vp in the upcoming election. Anthony Weiner and Eric Holder were teaming up to run against the pres.

All I had is their bumper sticker at this time- Vote for W..... H....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

O man I just was about to put my new avatar up showing the latest two contenders for the pres/vp in the upcoming election. Anthony Weiner and Eric Holder were teaming up to run against the pres.

All I had is their bumper sticker at this time- Vote for W..... H....

There are a lot of funny people at GMG.com...

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Harry unpinned this topic