Walter Cronkite Is Dead

This was posted on another board I frequent, and I liked it so much I thought I'd re-post it here.

Walter Cronkite was the voice that got me through the Kennedy assassination and the shock and grieving the entire nation went through. His was the voice that made all the space launches "happen" for me and the one who brought us together in the joyful times, the tense times, and the sad ones that a space-struck nation experienced - and explained what was happening. It seems so bittersweet that he will not be here for the fortieth anniversary of the first moon walk next week. And, of course, he talked us through the whole Vietnam era. His was a unifying presence and an influence that is hard to comprehend today, but I am so glad that I experienced it. Rest in peace, Walter.
Edited by CMJ

Walter Cronkite "I'M GLAD TO SIT ON THE RIGHT HAND OF SATAN"

I didn't realize Walter Cronkite was a World Federalist Association member, hoping to bring everyone under a one world order to the point that everyone, including those in the U.S. would have to give up their sovereignty for the pursuit for Utopia?

g2br0Qj8IFw

Where do these people come from?

Rick

I didn't watch the entire thing, but that did not sound like a very large group there watching him...

I never would have known that about him had you not brought this to light, however it doesn't really change my respect for him as a news man. Everyone is entitled to their opinions of utopia, and everyone thinks that their idealistic version of the world is the correct one.

Perhaps the World Federalist thing is a bit awkward though... We will eventually get there, perhaps it wil take hundreds of years and several wars... but It is that way in Star Trek so it has to be true.

Walter Cronkite "I'M GLAD TO SIT ON THE RIGHT HAND OF SATAN"

I didn't realize Walter Cronkite was a World Federalist Association member, hoping to bring everyone under a one world order to the point that everyone, including those in the U.S. would have to give up their sovereignty for the pursuit for Utopia?

g2br0Qj8IFw

Where do these people come from?

Rick

Yeah...burn in Hell you democracy spreading, world peace loving utopia-phile.