Your 2nd Place Rangers

Since the other post went so well I thought I'd start a mid season one. Right now TX stands 1 1/2 back of Anaheim ( TX leads series 2 - 7 ) , still 9 games head to head 6 of which are @ ANA. Seattle is currently 3rd and 4 games out , but they always seem to be sellers towards the trade deadline.

Rangers also sit 2 1/2 games back of NYY for the WildCard lead ( 3 games left @ NYY) and Tampa trails the Rangers by just 1 game ( 6 games left , 3 home/away). With Boston,NYY & TB playing several games left down the stretch beating each other up , TX could sneak into that Wild Card spot..

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately not time to panic....but...

The angles are playing really well the last month or so. This isn't a Ranger meltdown...this is another team playing better. Hope the laws of average catch up to the angles and Texas can keep playing consistantly.

This offense is just terrible. Home run or nothing. "Opposite field" seems to be a foreign concept. It will be interesting to see if Mr. Ryan makes a change at the hitting coach position this off-season.

CHris Davis appears to have returned to his old self in AAA. Hitting close to .400 and going the other way. Not Mr. Home Run Or Nothing that we saw the 1st 3 months of this season.

If only we had last year's first half offense with this years pitching. Sigh.....

2010 should be a really interesting year for the little Rangers.

Watching Kinsler hit these days is just painful. It looks like he is on the Chris Davis major league hitting plan. 3 strike outs and a solo homer so far. Swinging from the heels all night. No making the pitcher work, just swinging at balls the are almost bouncing to the plate.

So painful.

Watching Kinsler hit these days is just painful. It looks like he is on the Chris Davis major league hitting plan. 3 strike outs and a solo homer so far. Swinging from the heels all night. No making the pitcher work, just swinging at balls the are almost bouncing to the plate.

So painful.

I'll take two homers, including the game winner, any day. ;)

Perhaps I am missing something but I was always under the impression that a god lead off guy made contact, worked pitchers so that the rest of the line up could get a view of their stuff, and got on base. I thought he was supposed to have more runs thatn RBI's..

If this is the case then why don't we hit Mike Young at the lead of spot? and Move Kins to a more power friendly location in the lineup?

This offense is just terrible. Home run or nothing. "Opposite field" seems to be a foreign concept. It will be interesting to see if Mr. Ryan makes a change at the hitting coach position this off-season.

CHris Davis appears to have returned to his old self in AAA. Hitting close to .400 and going the other way. Not Mr. Home Run Or Nothing that we saw the 1st 3 months of this season.

If only we had last year's first half offense with this years pitching. Sigh.....

2010 should be a really interesting year for the little Rangers.

There was an article about Adrian Gonzalez about a month ago in Sports Illustrated where he talked about how the Rangers didn't like his inside-out swing and spent his minor league career trying to make him into a pull hitter who would hit 40 homeruns instead of hitting to space like he had before he got here. Granted, this was years ago, but now I wonder if last seasons patience was really attributable to the leadership (so weird to type) of Milton "Crazy Pants" Bradley rather than the genius of Rudy.

Perhaps I am missing something but I was always under the impression that a god lead off guy made contact, worked pitchers so that the rest of the line up could get a view of their stuff, and got on base. I thought he was supposed to have more runs thatn RBI's..

If this is the case then why don't we hit Mike Young at the lead of spot? and Move Kins to a more power friendly location in the lineup?

I wish we had one of those.

Kinsler is really really painful to watch. I would much rather have Murphy or heck even Andrus bat leadoff. I don't know if the Rangers will win the division but I do think we will see meaningful baseball come September. It just goes to show that the Rangers do have a plan and they will be competing for several years to come if they stick to it and continue to make smart personel decisions. Baseball in the DFW has stunk for so dang long that I am just happy with what the Rangers are doing so far this year and how the future is looking really bright.

Baseball in the DFW has stunk for so dang long that I am just happy with what the Rangers are doing so far this year and how the future is looking really bright.

No doubt. They have bridged the gap quite nicely from college Bball season to Pro football training camp (don't pay that much attention to NHL or NBA). That's all I ask of them.

Yes, a vendor gave us tickets to their suite behind home plate.

POW!

I'm doing Inside Corner Night in the Homerun Deck and plan to challenge Evan Grant to a hot dog eating contest - and maybe grab a bite while I'm there too. Enjoy your suite, Mr. Fancy Pants.