Your 2nd Place Rangers

Where would a bat like Luke Scott fit in though? Rangers are already trying to create at bats for 4 outfielders and 2 DHs...plus Scott's a lefty so even if he can play first he wouldn't platoon with Hank there.

I think we need to start petitioning the talking Sea Bass for air time.

I am getting plenty these days.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would a bat like Luke Scott fit in though? Rangers are already trying to create at bats for 4 outfielders and 2 DHs...plus Scott's a lefty so even if he can play first he wouldn't platoon with Hank there.

I think we need to start petitioning the talking Sea Bass for air time.

He was more a name out of a hat that I hadn't thought about the fit. I am more onboard with hoping Davis is fixed (.344/.403/.672 in AAA since the demotion) and having him come back. I never got the impression that Jones and Blalock are leaders or keys to the clubhouse, so if you can flip them - even for prospects and make those other moves - why not?

Also, I'm already going to the game on August 2nd (not sure of my seats yet but they are purchased through a friend), but would love to see anyone who makes it there. I'm planning on catching a game of the Detroit series as well.

He was more a name out of a hat that I hadn't thought about the fit. I am more onboard with hoping Davis is fixed (.344/.403/.672 in AAA since the demotion) and having him come back. I never got the impression that Jones and Blalock are leaders or keys to the clubhouse, so if you can flip them - even for prospects and make those other moves - why not?

Also, I'm already going to the game on August 2nd (not sure of my seats yet but they are purchased through a friend), but would love to see anyone who makes it there. I'm planning on catching a game of the Detroit series as well.

I do know that getting rid of Blalock would piss off M Young, those two are very tight, but with Hank making nearly 3 million the rest of the way would be ideal for Hicks Co. to shed some salary. Jones on the other hand is getting paid 500K for the season, so he is a cheap option and a good influence - he is very well liked in the room, and with the avg. dipping down to .230's I doubt he might have that many takers....but was you said I would like to get some prospects for both this season. If you are going to the 8/2 game PM me and let me know where you are sitting.

That may look like raising the white flag to too many...epsecially as GGB mentioned to a guy like Mike Young who has seen it here for years. The key to helping this lineup may be simply to move Ian Kinsler out of the lead-off spot...Norm had his and MY's stats with and without people on base earlier this week, Young is in the high .300s with no one on and in the low .100s with runners on...Kinsler is the exact opposite, and add some sort of sick .500+ average with runners at 3rd...just flip em in the lineup and watch the productivity...at least against lefties b/c I stand by my earlier call for David Murphey to bat lead off against righties.

I am getting plenty these days.

I meant for Quoner and myself. I don't think I should be allowed to keep issuing these HSO without compensation.

I was so happy to see the Rangers score 6 of 7 runs yesterday without the use of the home run. Hopefully a sign of better days ahead???

The Tigers series will be interesting.

Hunter vs. Galarraga should be a win for us - as should Padilla vs. a rookie, and then, and only since Verlander's road numbers are pedestrian, do we have a shot with Feldman in the finale. It would be nice to get 2-3 after the earlier games we dropped.

Meanwhile, the Angels host Cleveland and Boston host Oakland.

Just to tie it all together for the board (from today's Peter King column):

“How can I help?”

–Texas shortstop Michael Young, asked by the New York Times at the All-Star Game what he’d say to President Obama if he met him at the game.

I swear that Ian Kinsler has been spending to much time on the golf course. His swing is almost Tiger worthy. Too bad he is a baseball player and not a golfer.

Hunter looks average so far.

(secretly hoping that Kinsler will again respond to my criticism with a game winning homer)

I swear that Ian Kinsler has been spending to much time on the golf course. His swing is almost Tiger worthy. Too bad he is a baseball player and not a golfer.

(secretly hoping that Kinsler will again respond to my criticism with a game winning homer)

I eagerly await your post, "Burn in Hell playoff hopes!"*

*I don't even follow MLB anymore and have no idea how the Rangers are actually doing.

People will be saying the samething about Romo in the coming months

Rangers Quality Starts 2008 - 52 of 162 - 32%

Scott Feldman - 13

Vicente Padilla - 12

Kevin Millwood - 11

Matt Harrison - 6

Sidney Ponson - 3

Brandon McCarthy - 2

Kason Gabbard - 2

Jason Jennings - 1

Dustin Nippert - 1

Eric Hurley - 1

Luis Mendoza - 1

Doug Mathis - 1

Rangers Quality Starts 2009 - 45 of 97 - 46%

Kevin Millwood - 13

Scott Feldman - 12

Vicente Padilla - 8

Brandon McCarthy - 5

Tommy Hunter - 4

Matt Harrison - 2

Derek Holland -1

Went to the game tonight with last second tickets from a buddy. Show up and we are sitting in the club box, 2nd row from the railing, 30 feet up the line from 1st base dugout. SWEET.

8 of 9. 14 over. GGB, tried to listen on the way home, but lost yall in W. Fort Worth, and niether of the FM stations worked. So frustrating.

Went to the game tonight with last second tickets from a buddy. Show up and we are sitting in the club box, 2nd row from the railing, 30 feet up the line from 1st base dugout. SWEET.

8 of 9. 14 over. GGB, tried to listen on the way home, but lost yall in W. Fort Worth, and niether of the FM stations worked. So frustrating.

Yes our signal is shaky at best in FW, couple that with the sun going down and it is unlistenable. Appreciate the effort though as always. Nice seats by the way.

According to Baseball America (at the beginning of the season) it took the Phillies 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 10th best prospects to land Lee and a versitlle 4th outfielder...though really their 3 top prospects didn't get touched (Dominic Brown, J.A. Happ and Kyle Drebeck). 3rd best pitcher, 5th or 6th best pitching prospect, a plus-average catcher, and a solid infielder.

Equate that to the Rangers - Blake Bevan, Michael Main, Taylor Teagarden and Marcus Lemon. Worth it?

According to Baseball America (at the beginning of the season) it took the Phillies 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 10th best prospects to land Lee and a versitlle 4th outfielder...though really their 3 top prospects didn't get touched (Dominic Brown, J.A. Happ and Kyle Drebeck). 3rd best pitcher, 5th or 6th best pitching prospect, a plus-average catcher, and a solid infielder.

Equate that to the Rangers - Blake Bevan, Michael Main, Taylor Teagarden and Marcus Lemon. Worth it?

For Lee - no. He has never pitched well here. People say Halladay hasn't, but it's not the degree that Lee has failed every time he goes to Arlington.

For Lee - no. He has never pitched well here. People say Halladay hasn't, but it's not the degree that Lee has failed every time he goes to Arlington.

Hes made 1 start in Texas each of the last 5 years

2009 - 0-1, 12.60 ERA, 5Ks

2008 - 1-0, 10.80 ERA, 8Ks

2007 - 0-1, 9.45 ERA, 5Ks

2006 - 1-0, 2.57 ERA, 4Ks

2005 - 1-0, 5.06 ERA, 2Ks

Tough to say if a 5 game sample size is enough to balk at giving up your second tier of prospects for a legit ace you control for another season and a versitlle outfielder...but you're right, he hasn't pitched well at the Temple in the past 3 season, which are really his only seasons of note.