Your 2nd Place Rangers

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to the Rangers end of the year press conference, during which JD made the statement that the Rangers had the largest percentage attendance increase in MLB. What a shot in the arm to this town's sportsiness quotion. I guess we may not be so bad after all.

This is the perfect parallel to NT football. We all knew that the Rangers had fan support but after thirty plus years of suck that fan base had decided to move elsewhere, or not waste their money on a loser. Once they started winning guess what, the fans came back.

This is what is going to happen when UNT fields a good team and puts them in a new stadium. Busting at the seams is the prediction I am making...

Back to the rangers though.... What a great year, who would have guessed that the Rangers are the toast of the town this year over the Cowboys? What a great ride and I for one cannot wait until next season!

Listened to the Rangers end of the year press conference, during which JD made the statement that the Rangers had the largest percentage attendance increase in MLB. What a shot in the arm to this town's sportsiness quotion. I guess we may not be so bad after all.

ZOMG - I've been waiting for this. A 10% increase from a season where the team threatened to draw the fewest fans in 20 years? http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...nd.43a5621.html

Wow! Go get em, DFW!

Now who's better - Riley Dodge, Tony Romo or Tatu?

ZOMG - I've been waiting for this. A 10% increase from a season where the team threatened to draw the fewest fans in 20 years? http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...nd.43a5621.html

Wow! Go get em, DFW!

Now who's better - Riley Dodge, Tony Romo or Tatu?

Romo would've been third string, at best, in the MISL

This is the perfect parallel to NT football. We all knew that the Rangers had the smallest amount of fan support but after thirty plus years of suck that fan base had decided to move elsewhere died off, or not waste their money on a loser. Once they started winning guess what, the fans came back started to exist.

Fixed.

I was reading Jamey Newburg's latest entry about Hank Blalock, who has gone from can't miss, best hitting prospect in years to regressing every year since his first half year in the major leagues. Particularly disturbing is the amount of walks he drew when he first arrived, to going 136 straight plate appearances this year without one.

I really think the person we should be saying goodby to is Rudy Jarimillo.

I was reading Jamey Newburg's latest entry about Hank Blalock, who has gone from can't miss, best hitting prospect in years to regressing every year since his first half year in the major leagues. Particularly disturbing is the amount of walks he drew when he first arrived, to going 136 straight plate appearances this year without one.

I really think the person we should be saying goodby to is Rudy Jarimillo.

I just sent the same email to two good friends with the same comment. Although, I also think steroids deserve an honorable mention.

If we keep rudy, I fear we'll be reading the same email about Smoak and Davis (Tex was mentioned to) in another 8 years.

I just sent the same email to two good friends with the same comment. Although, I also think steroids deserve an honorable mention.

If we keep rudy, I fear we'll be reading the same email about Smoak and Davis (Tex was mentioned to) in another 8 years.

We saw it with Davis this year. I still don't understand why he had to go to a minor league hitting instructor to get straightened out (I know, confidence is the argument).

Jarimillo's contract expired at the end of this past season. It will be interesting to see if Ryan makes a Maddux-like hitting coach hire. I worry that since Nolan was a pitcher, he may let other people make this decision.

This from the Newburg Report. See any parallels?

"There’s room for improvement everywhere, but the trends are good: This fan base is a sleeping giant."

"If the team gets better and wins 100 games, plenty of people will show up and do the wave during key offensive situations until they suck again."

You know I'm only doing this out of fun with you, right?

"If the team gets better and wins 100 games, plenty of people will show up and do the wave during key offensive situations until they suck again."

You know I'm only doing this out of fun with you, right?

Ya, but I was kinda talking about the UNT parallels than anything else.

But you keep on thinking it's all about you. :D

Ya, but I was kinda talking about the UNT parallels than anything else.

But you keep on thinking it's all about you. :D

Maybe I'll do a Tuesday Morning Recap of this thread, just to indulge my ego further.