Your 2nd Place Rangers

Sox just traded for feast or famine first baseman Adam LaRoche. No idea if he's playing tonight...praying the Sox didn't overpay too much.

The Pirates will receive minor league shortstop Argenis Diaz and one other prospect in return for LaRoche, Foxsports.com reported.

In his sixth major league season, LaRoche is hitting .247 with 12 homers and 40 RBIs.

Diaz is batting .253 for the Red Sox's Double-A affiliate in Portland, Maine.

I hope the one other prospect is Kason Gabbard.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a feeling it's time for a good ole' fashioned Padilla blow up game.

I hope he beans Big Papi and he still manages to somehow get thrown out trying to stretch it to two bases.

With no pen behind him Nipper's gonna be sacrificed to the wolves.

Perhaps the rangers can torch this Bucholz kid. He had one goosd start last week but his career ERA is around 5. he is on 24 and I think that the Rangers, assuming that a couple guys remember how to hit, could make it a good night.

Depleted pen and all.

Maybe this will turn into the highest scoring game in the history of Baseball

Gammons said that the Red Sox refused to give up Bucholz for Victor Martinez. If he doesn't pitch well tonight, RSN should really enjoy learning that.

Also, many thought we were going to get him for Salty and Blalock before the season, so that's fun.

Watching a game from the suite was SWEET!

Overall Moment of the night: walking into the suite and seeing all the free food and alcohol.

Game moment of the night: David Ortiz trying to stretch a line drive to right field into a double, and getting his fat ass tagged out by 10 feet.

Celebrity moment of the night - Fox 4's Mike Doocey doing the 9pm sports segment less than 10 feet away from our seats... when off the camera, Doocey's face looks like an old man's ball sack.

With no pen behind him Nipper's gonna be sacrificed to the wolves.

This will be a bullpen game with Nippert, Eyre, and Grilli getting the bulk of the work tonight no matter what. I would imagine O'day and CJ are not available after 3 straight days of work. Also, Guardado is suffering from the flu as well. Should be an interesting night. Tune in to D-talk after the game.

This will be a bullpen game with Nippert, Eyre, and Grilli getting the bulk of the work tonight no matter what. I would imagine O'day and CJ are not available after 3 straight days of work. Also, Guardado is suffering from the flu as well. Should be an interesting night. Tune in to D-talk after the game.

I only heard part of the show driving home last night because my wife wouldn't shut her big yapper, but did anyone debate why CJ pitched the ninth instead of resting a day? It flummoxed me and I was just curious if made anyone else scratch their heads.

Guest JohnDenver

Rick isn't watching the Rangers that closely then.

As far as the series, Ian is doing very well. Leading up to the series, I can see why he isn't an all star and needs to not be a lead off hitter..

Guest GrayEagleOne

Rick isn't watching the Rangers that closely then.

Leads the Rangers in RBIs, runs, tied for first in homers, second in hits, stolen bases and triples (tied), and third in doubles. Prolly the best clutch hitter today. Good, if not spectacular, fielding. The only category that he's done poorly is BA.

Leads the Rangers in RBIs, runs, tied for first in homers, second in hits, stolen bases and triples (tied), and third in doubles. Prolly the best clutch hitter today. Good, if not spectacular, fielding. The only category that he's done poorly is BA.

And OBP, and leading the league by far in pop outs, and working counts...also, take his May out of the mix and see how he's been doing.

He's having a great power year, but he's not doing a good job as a lead-off guy. Meanwhile, Murphy has done nothing but get on base and stay hot for months now, but he has mostly had a bunch of easy outs behind him in Davis (before he was sent down), Salty (last I saw he had the fourth worst K rate in all of baseball) and Andrus (batting around .200 the last month or so). If a team is going to give up outs almost like an NL team at the bottom of the order, it needs a leadoff guy who sets the table for its front end guys to compensate. Why not drop Kinsler's power bat down and let others get on base for him. I enjoy his solo homers as much as the next guy, but imagine if he had people on base in front of him.

He had a better approach against Boston, but the folks who follow this team daily want to see him mix in a few more hits, walks and patience if he is going to continue to hit leadoff - that or move him down the order a bit so he can do some damage.

And OBP, and leading the league by far in pop outs, and working counts...also, take his May out of the mix and see how he's been doing.

He's having a great power year, but he's not doing a good job as a lead-off guy. Meanwhile, Murphy has done nothing but get on base and stay hot for months now, but he has mostly had a bunch of easy outs behind him in Davis (before he was sent down), Salty (last I saw he had the fourth worst K rate in all of baseball) and Andrus (batting around .200 the last month or so). If a team is going to give up outs almost like an NL team at the bottom of the order, it needs a leadoff guy who sets the table for its front end guys to compensate. Why not drop Kinsler's power bat down and let others get on base for him. I enjoy his solo homers as much as the next guy, but imagine if he had people on base in front of him.

He had a better approach against Boston, but the folks who follow this team daily want to see him mix in a few more hits, walks and patience if he is going to continue to hit leadoff - that or move him down the order a bit so he can do some damage.

Quoner is watching the Rangers closely. The BA and OBP are unacceptable for a leadoff man. Ian should be hitting 4th or 5th at the moment, but since Wash refuses to move him maybe then he should try to take the ball the other way once in a while, and draw a walk.....but at least he is not in as bad shape as J-Ham.

Quoner is watching the Rangers closely. The BA and OBP are unacceptable for a leadoff man. Ian should be hitting 4th or 5th at the moment, but since Wash refuses to move him maybe then he should try to take the ball the other way once in a while, and draw a walk.....but at least he is not in as bad shape as J-Ham.

Is there any talk of making a move for a lesser name hitter like, say (drawing from hat of guys with above .280 averages, good power numbers and reasonable salaries that are not in their teams future plans) Luke Scott?

Maybe we should try to have a first/second place Ranger thread night at the Ball Park some time.

Is there any talk of making a move for a lesser name hitter like, say (drawing from hat of guys with above .280 averages, good power numbers and reasonable salaries that are not in their teams future plans) Luke Scott?

Maybe we should try to have a first/second place Ranger thread night at the Ball Park some time.

I have been on mlbtraderumors.com constantly and I am not see much of substance involving the Rangers. I am up for a GMG.com night at the Temple on Sunday Aug. 2nd....let me know if anyone else wants to meet up and we could get together and nerd out.

Where would a bat like Luke Scott fit in though? Rangers are already trying to create at bats for 4 outfielders and 2 DHs...plus Scott's a lefty so even if he can play first he wouldn't platoon with Hank there.

I think we need to start petitioning the talking Sea Bass for air time.