2009 Sun Belt Preview

gangrene

The good news about the article is that they also highlighted Cam Montgomery. Hopefully, the teams we play will over look him, and we can catch Ball State and Ohio off guard. I am a little surprised on the 4 win season from them. While I hope it is better than a 4 win year, I have to question if we Beat ULA-Laf and WKU, who are the two non-conf teams we beat?

The good news about the article is that they also highlighted Cam Montgomery. Hopefully, the teams we play will over look him, and we can catch Ball State and Ohio off guard. I am a little surprised on the 4 win season from them. While I hope it is better than a 4 win year, I have to question if we Beat ULA-Laf and WKU, who are the two non-conf teams we beat?

Ohio and Army. Won't happen but that's what they predict.

They predicted 4 wins, Brett Vito predicted 4 wins, I predicted 4 wins. I'm detecting a trend.

I'll break it. 2 wins if we are lucky, 1 is the most probable, with a very good chance at the 0fer.

Special teams have been high school bad, defense the same. Offense loses best 2 weapons. Best chance to move the ball is on the ground, but we only run the ball between 15-20 times a game. No proven defensive linemen. Relying on JUCOs who weren't highly recruited and have not made it on campus yet to bolster that D-line. A WR that isnt eligible and has suspect hands. Not to mention a coach who has yet to prove that he can coach at this level.

Could everything go perfect and UNT win 4 or 5 games this year? I guess so. I'd put the chance of that happening about the same as the A's winning the World Series this year.

Hope your right and I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I'll break it. 2 wins if we are lucky, 1 is the most probable, with a very good chance at the 0fer.

Special teams have been high school bad, defense the same. Offense loses best 2 weapons. Best chance to move the ball is on the ground, but we only run the ball between 15-20 times a game. No proven defensive linemen. Relying on JUCOs who weren't highly recruited and have not made it on campus yet to bolster that D-line. A WR that isnt eligible and has suspect hands. Not to mention a coach who has yet to prove that he can coach at this level.

Could everything go perfect and UNT win 4 or 5 games this year? I guess so. I'd put the chance of that happening about the same as the A's winning the World Series this year.

Hope your right and I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Have to agree with much of this until proven we are better. There are too many areas that needed improvement for it all to happen at once.

I say since everyone knows we are going to suck so bad this year, how about everyone who thinks we are going to suck just stay at home!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON DON'T COME! It is just like anything else...if you didn't like the food at a resturaunt, you wouldn't get on a message board and bitch about it every day...you just wouldn't go there to eat!!!

Big Dawg...while I tend to agree with your sentiment about all the "doom and gloomers", I, for one, do not want them to stay home. UNT need rears in the seats and ticket buyers. So, let 'em come and thank them for the support. It is a good chance to "turn their negativism" into something positive. As with most negative folks, they are negative about lots of things and tend to couch it in terms of "realism" to try to convince folks that they just aren't negative by nature. While the football program at UNT has certainly had its challenges in the last few years, it is plain to anyone who will just come out from behind their negative clouds that things are beginning to turn for the better...much better in recent months. have noted my reasons on numerous occasions here on GMG.Com why I think the program is much improved. Perhaps that is because I tend to look at the "bright side" more often than not...it is so very much more enjoyable to be on the positive side...that I see more than just the wins and losses in evaluating the "state of the program" for myself. Yes, I know a program is measured by its won-loss record (and that is to be expected in sport as there are winners and losers in each contest), but to constantly pound on all the negative surrounding the past record is a bit of a "broken record" just skipping around the platter.

Anyway, the season is fast approaching, and none too soon for all Mean Green fans, and we will all get to see the on-field improvements. Can't wait. GO MEAN GREN! See you at the Kick-off Cookout on August 1st!

Of all the pre-season predictions for all SBC players I have seen,

I also agree that Riley Dodge should be considered as a top candidate for

the Freshman of the Year in the SBC. Every SBC sports fan knows who

Riley is, but, I do not think these sports fans know just how well Riley

will be able to run the offense, nor do these fans know his athletic

abilities. Riley has what it takes, plain and simple. Riley will be a

outstanding QB!

I say since everyone knows we are going to suck so bad this year, how about everyone who thinks we are going to suck just stay at home!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON DON'T COME! It is just like anything else...if you didn't like the food at a resturaunt, you wouldn't get on a message board and bitch about it every day...you just wouldn't go there to eat!!!

BD, if you don't want people to express their opinions, then why did you start another thread about the three major areas where you think North Texas has improved......and then asked people what they thought![/ :huh:

A lot of people are very frustrated with how things have gone the last two years, and have said so....and said so.....and said so. That can be very irritating, but the positive way that I look at it is that they wouldn't be so outwardly frustrated if they didn't care about their program.... and how it looks to the general public. Now, I'm assuming, of course, that these same people buy tickets and come to games. If not, then they need to shut the hell up. <_<

You know, all these "comments" about how some people are always being "positive" and some always being "negative" is very amusing to me. And the reason it's so amusing is because I have always been very open about my devotion to North Texas, and North Texas football. And as a result of this, people that I talk to (friends, family, and co-workers) always smile and shake their heads and tell me that I have to be the most optimistic person in the world.............. B)

Edited by SilverEagle

Every SBC sports fan knows who

outstanding QB!

Clearly, we as Mean Green Nation, know how well Riley will run this college offense.

Of all the pre-season predictions for all SBC players I have seen,

I also agree that Riley Dodge should be considered as a top candidate for

the Freshman of the Year in the SBC. Every SBC sports fan knows who

outstanding QB!

I don't know...I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a bold prediction based solely on my inside knowledge of Mean Green football - Riley will run this offense one of three different ways; poorly, average or well. Of that, I am quite certain.

Yep.

East of the Rockies, we want to hear from you! How do you see the Belt shaking out this year? What freshmen do you think could have the biggest impact? Call NOW!

East of the Rockies, we want to hear from you! How do you see the Belt shaking out this year? What freshmen do you think could have the biggest impact? Call NOW!

Uhh... Yeah, hey. Long time, first time here. I got one question- When are they gonna quit screwing around and finally GET SOME PITCHING?? That's all I've got to say.