Not Impressed

meanrob

Hate to be the negative nancy but besides the defense looking a bit better, i saw few signs of improvement.

The intensity of the whole thing, or lack of, was amazing.

One touchdown for a spring game, for an offensive team?

When a fan isn't allowed to watch practices, all i can go by is what i see during games and/or spring games. And from what i saw today, this team has a long way to go.

Hate to be the negative nancy but besides the defense looking a bit better, i saw few signs of improvement.

When a fan isn't allowed to watch practices, all i can go by is what i see during games and/or spring games. And from what i saw today, this team has a long way to go.

Yes, this team does have a long ways to go. After hearing so much about Riley during the practices, I expected more offense. I have said ever since the ASU game at the end of last season though, if this team wins 3-4 games in the upcoming season, it will be a success.

Keep in mind too that Hank mentioned on the radio show that Dodge gave advanced warning that they would only run a basic offense for this spring game... focused more an execution. Hank said they did this in large part b/c they didn't want film available for the early season opponents.

i think that all scoring was directional. whoever was going with the wind got the points, that's why the safety was given to the north team. they were headed north at the time. i'm disappointed that NO points were scored going against the wind. that's not good.

Keep in mind too that Hank mentioned on the radio show that Dodge gave advanced warning that they would only run a basic offense for this spring game... focused more an execution. Hank said they did this in large part b/c they didn't want film available for the early season opponents.

Seriously? This team has much more problems than worrying about early season opponents having film. They have 2 years of film to look at.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

You do know April fools was earlier this week?

I'll keep my thoughts on that statement to myself until i know if that is true or not.

I was pretty happy with the defense toward the end. I am judging how much this team has improved by how we look on defense because face it - it's really the only thing that matters. I really think the offense will be there, just hoping we can eliminate the killer turnovers from last season...

Seriously? This team has much more problems than worrying about early season opponents having film. They have 2 years of film to look at.

That's what Hank said today on the radio... whether or not it is true I do not know, but unless you think he was just making it up, then it is probably true.

That's what Hank said today on the radio... whether or not it is true I do not know, but unless you think he was just making it up, then it is probably true.

I guess it shocked me a little, but it just gives more credance to what Lonnie has said for the last two years, that our head coach still seems to be a little lost. We have won 3 games in the last two years and we don't want to show "too much" in our spring game?

The 2nd team "O" is not that good .....not trying to hurt feelings here, but its not that good. D1 "O" 2nd team should always be just a play away to take over the starting position. We do not have that so far. Coach Dodge needs to shake it up a little bit and move some players up or down. Its Down and Dirty" time. Coach Dodge needs to kick up the competition between them all and quit making his mind up on players so early in their positions and let them fight it out.

The offense won the first quarter when Riley was very accurate on mostly all short passes and quick on his keepers. Then the defense gained steady confidence and took over the rest of the game. By the 4th period they were in the backfield all pass plays for sacks, hurries, and interceptions. I see a lot of defensive improvement but the offense lacked medium and long passes. Most of the few big gains were made by runs. As Vito mentioned, punting was horrible and 2nd team kicker not much better. Hope the HS punter is good. 4th and 1 from the shotgun and we lose 2 yards in a handoff. :rolleyes: I'll reserve final judgement on the team until after the fall players are added but there better be some good ones coming to help out.....yikes!

Edited by NT80

I've said this for the past few years, you can tell nothing from a spring game. The D knows the O sets, plays, etc. The O is going to stay pretty basic because it is concern about execution of basics from which they build everything from. If the D dominates, you're worried about your O. If the O dominates, you're worried about your D. Just go to the game, be happy it's football in Spring, and take it for what it is.

The offense won the first quarter when Riley was very accurate on mostly all short passes and quick on his keepers. Then the defense gained steady confidence and took over the rest of the game. By the 4th period they were in the backfield all pass plays for sacks, hurries, and interceptions. I see a lot of defensive improvement but the offense lacked medium and long passes. Most of the few big gains were made by runs. As Vito mentioned, punting was horrible and 2nd team kicker not much better. Hope the HS punter is good. 4th and 1 from the shotgun and we lose 2 yards in a handoff. :rolleyes: I'll reserve final judgement on the team until after the fall players are added but there better be some good ones coming to help out.....yikes!

How many plays to the TE did we see today?

dodge had a hand signal where he put his hand up in the air signaling touchdown to the QB, i said to the people aroud me, i think dodge wants a touchdown pass here and sure enough all of our recivers rain towards the end zone before the play was blown dead. it was most basic signal i have seen and i knew exactly what the play was going to be. this worries me. :(

Bwaaa-haaa-haaaa-haaaa-haaaaaaaaah! :lol:

Re-heeee-heally? The tight end is that secret a weapon? :rolleyes: Also, I love how Dodge still thinks he has something to hide from the college football world. It's just sad, very sad at this point. It's like a college football version of Don Quixote.

Folks, like I said before, any improvement in 2009 will be on the defensive side of the ball and on special teams. Amateurs are still running the show on offense.

Seriously. :unsure:

Anyway, was Todd Dodge wearing his wrist band with the plays on it?

TCU coach Gary Patterson allowed no video at their spring game today because he didn't want film of their plays to get out.

Now let's all poke fun at him.

Well let's see. TCU has been to bowl games (most of them very credible bowls in the eyes of the general public) just about every year since Coach Fran was there....including a win over SC in the Sun Bowl. Now if ANYONE in the metroplex has something to hide (so as not to lose their edge) it's TCU.

As I was leaving the stadium yesterday I happened to walk by Brett Vito. I just smiled at him and said "well.....ho hum".

Edited by SilverEagle