Western KY

Florida Atlantic

Middle Tennessee

at Florida International

at Louisiana Lafayette

at Troy

at Arkansas State

1 non conference foe TBA

Just for once it would be nice to play a AA team at the start of the season AT HOME ...like the Big Schools schedule us for warmups.

Just for once it would be nice to play a AA team at the start of the season AT HOME ...like the Big Schools schedule us for warmups.

Do we want to play a FCS school right now? The last thing I want to do is walk out of the stadium with a loss to a Southland school.

I agree that we need to schedule FCS schools for the home opener - but I also agree that we should not do it in the Dodge era. I think we all know what the outcome would be.

All we have to do with find a 1AA that either starts a lot of freshmen or is coached by a former junior high coach and we'll win...I'm almost pretty sure.

I do like the look of this schedule. And, as always, I am for one against an FCS school. It'd be nice for the home opener to be a momentum gainer for the teams. Heck, it'd be nice to have a real early home game for a change!

I still say Stephen F Austin or Sam Houston State. They've got tons of alumni in the DFW area. It won't happen, so I'll just be happy to have Ball State and Army.

I can understand the arguments against scheduling an FCS opponent; however, I feel that we're really placing ourselves at a disadvantage in terms of wins, considering the vast number of teams that regularly use an FCS game to inflate their record. Of course, this would have been of little consequence the last couple years, and there's certainly no guarantee that we would even win, but at some point in the future it could be the difference between a 6-6 team that stays home or a 7-5 team that receives a bowl invite.

Damn. I would have loved to see this schedule about 4-5 years ago. We might have gone 11-1. You know, what Boise does every year against eirily similar schedules.

Maybe we're finally getting our sh!t together on the scheduling front? Putting an a home game against an FCS team as a season opener would be the final icing on this cream-puff cake...

there are no other teams that I have found play before THursday the 3rd. Also Troy faces Bowling Green on the same date. All others kickoff the college football weekend on the following the saturday, the 5th.

Maybe ... ESPN ???????????

And jusy an FYI Ball State consisted of 70 fresh and sophs this year. They will return their starting QB, top 2 returning RBs, MAC freshman of the year WR Briggs Osbon and Freshman ALL AMERICAN safety Sean Baker. They have a handful of other returning starters whom are returing.

I guess they lost their one game this year because they were SOOO young :ph34r:

Edited by NT03