We're In The Market For A New Hc

emmitt01

That was the biggest letdown ever.... I seriously thought Todd Dodge was leaving our program and we were looking for a successor.

Expect major changes for the Dallas Cowboys organization, as for North Texas not so lucky....

Interesting point. Guess they have expectations over there at Valley Ranch.

Well guys, I hate to admit when I am wrong but after Buford Julip's recent post on who started the ASU game I am convinced that nobody, in this current football program, can remedy our current situation.

1. I think I am the one on "green cool-aid" watching this thing we call NT football.

2. When I think of NT defence I now go to de fence in my back yard and blow industrial chunks into my neighbor's back yard & blame it on his dogs.

3. emmitt is right, 2+2=4

I, for one, along with the other financially secured alum, on this board & off, will start a "Buy-Out Fund" for TD and staff and a concurrent fund to hire another really good coach this time for about $750K to $1,000,000 per year on a four year contract.....let us not forget incentives, clothes, car, expenses & etc. as extra at the end/beginning of the year.

If the new coach is successful we will have to "pony-up" another $1,000,000 or so per year on a multi-year contract. Naturally, if some of you do not have deep enough pockets just message me on this board anonymously and I will not post your name because that would be like getting kicked in certain parts of your anatomy.

I know this venture is "kinda" like a crap shoot but what else can we do but reach in our deep pockets to pull this off?? NT does not have any substantial funds to do this without going begging to the state legislature & we all know those guys down in Austin are Big 12 supporters.

If we can't come up with the millions (and reserves just in case the new coach is successful) in cash then it is back to square #1 at this poor state school we call NT: crap shoot for another hc in 3 years from some conference's assistant ranks.

Well, for one, I am excited to get this thing rolling......

who is the first donor and for how much???

we will keep a running tally on this board.

emmitt?? how much can I count you in for??

90?? how 'bout you buddy??

80?? you in??

playmaker?? time to ante up...put your money where you mouth is.

99?? hope you ain't all talk...how much can I put you down for?

are we almost there yet.....???? I think we need, at least $12,000,000 to $15,000,000 to start....what is ya'lls gut opinion???

Well guys, I hate to admit when I am wrong but after Buford Julip's recent post on who started the ASU game I am convinced that nobody, in this current football program, can remedy our current situation.

1. I think I am the one on "green cool-aid" watching this thing we call NT football.

2. When I think of NT defence I now go to de fence in my back yard and blow industrial chunks into my neighbor's back yard & blame it on his dogs.

I, for one, along with the other financially secured alum, on this board & off, will start a "Buy-Out Fund" for TD and staff and a concurrent fund to hire another really good coach this time for about $750K to $1,000,000 per year on a four year contract.....let us not forget incentives, clothes, car, expenses & etc. as extra at the end/beginning of the year.

If the new coach is successful we will have to "pony-up" another $1,000,000 or so per year on a multi-year contract. Naturally, if some of you do not have deep enough pockets just message me on this board anonymously and I will not post your name because that would be like getting kicked in certain parts of your anatomy.

I know this venture is "kinda" like a crap shoot but what else can we do but reach in our deep pockets to pull this off?? NT does not have any substantial funds to do this without going begging to the state legislature & we all know those guys down in Austin are Big 12 supporters.

If we can't come up with the millions (and reserves just in case the new coach is successful) in cash then it is back to square #1 at this poor state school we call NT: crap shoot for another hc in 3 years from some conference's assistant ranks.

80?? you in??

are we almost there yet.....???? I think we need, at least $12,000,000 to $15,000,000 to start....what is ya'lls gut opinion???

Your right, woa is poor little us. We are to poor to do what other schools do with less resources. We should accept our lot in life. We should never expect anything from our Athletic department, because we are just poor little ole UNT, that teacher/music/commuter school up North of Big D.

Sarcasm aside, there is a provision in Dodge's contract where he can be reassigned to any job at the school. IF RV wanted to, he could do this, and Dodge would immediately resign. So, no, we don't need to raise a gabillion bucks to change coaches. Another great myth, or excuse, that is stated by several on this board.

Not saying this should happen just yet, that would be RV's call.

Whoa, you can't be thinkin' BIG like that, remember....baby steps only allowed at UNT! <_<

80?? you in??

Do we get something for our lapels whence we donate? Like a green SOW? Or a yellow star?

whoa, guys i am serious......!!!

no sarcasm.

we just need to go, en mass, to rv's office with our proposal to "reassign" td (so he can quit....maybe) and hire someone who can "immediately" turn this program around.

you know, of course, if td don't quit we are stuck with his salary for the next three years.

80?? what you in for??.....your beer money for next week??

90?? how 'bout you??......a couple of hundred dollars??

CBL?? yes....you do get a green sow and a pretty yellow star....this will be like one of PBS's "beg-a-thons" and your donations will earn you a green sow or the highly prized yellow star or whatever color star you want......we can even arrange that we can name a real star after you.

no sarcasm.

we just need to go, en mass, to rv's office with our proposal to "reassign" td (so he can quit....maybe) and hire someone who can "immediately" turn this program around.

you know, of course, if td don't quit we are stuck with his salary for the next three years.

CBL?? yes....you do get a green sow and a pretty yellow star....this will be like one of PBS's "beg-a-thons" and your donations will earn you a green sow or the highly prized yellow star or whatever color star you want......we can even arrange that we can name a real star after you.

I saw Valkerie yesterday with my father-in-law and it reminded me that there are always happy endings if you just keep after it and don't give up.

Whoa, you can't be thinkin' BIG like that, remember....baby steps only allowed at UNT! <_<

Where are you going to find that kind of money?

Want in one hand and you know the rest. You guys can play the "we can do anything the other guys do" playing field if you want but the facts just don't add up. We don't have the revenue. For every Turner Gill you will find a hundred Brent Guys.

Where are you going to find that kind of money?

Want in one hand and you know the rest. You guys can play the "we can do anything the other guys do" playing field if you want but the facts just don't add up. We don't have the revenue. For every Turner Gill you will find a hundred Brent Guys.

How about Gary Barnett. He's not doing much these day. Is he? Maybe he'd like another chance at coaching. Winning was never really his problem, though he might have a little trouble selling a recruit's family on trusting him with their kid.

no sarcasm.

Well, I've never called for Dodge to leave, but for adding a special teams coach, and you already called me on that...I'll admit you were right on not needing to add the expense of that new position. I've changed my position from adding a special teams coach to simply replacing the one we had for the last two years, with one who has some collegiate special teams coaching experience. Yes, I think we can get an affordable ST coach from the DII or FBS level of college football. Hmmm, the yellow star? Based on past history, I'll pass.

You HAVE to give Wade some time to get his own players in place. This cupboard was pretty empty when he took over.

Cowboys didn't have a chance because they play in an old stadium. You see, football teams can't be expected to win if they have an old stadium. Maybe the Cowboys will get a new stadium some day...

And what a nice stadium they will get really soon. That new thing is huge. Drive by it sometime when you have time.

I have at least twice. I feel sorry for the managers of the Wal-Mart that is directly across the street. While they will be selling a lot of stuff on game day, they will also be chasing people off their parking lot who are trying to get free parking for the game, or setting up their tailgating in the parking lot.