Nt Wins 51-40

OldTimer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a rollercoaster.

I was excited by our win but just sickened by our play at times – anyone else feel the same way?

How can you bring up anything negative after their remarkable perfomance tonight. This was a big win for the program. I almost cried during the postgame interview with our great coach. We will probly look back at this win for many years.

Agreed. I don't buy this "football gods" crap at all. Someone had to make a play at the 1 yard line with the game on the line. This time around, the MEAN GREEN made a play.

When I see your avatar, especially tonight, I think of AC/DC Thunderstruck.

Whiny Toppers you've been THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!!1

QUOTE(STE @ Nov 1 2008, 07:59 PM)

What a rollercoaster.

I was excited by our win but just sickened by our play at times – anyone else feel the same way?

How can you bring up anything negative after their remarkable perfomance tonight. This was a big win for the program. I almost cried during the postgame interview with our great coach. We will probly look back at this win for many years.

I totally agree with you, when you are 0-8 and get your first win of the year on defensive play, in the area where we have struggled for so long. There is no way you can complain about being sickened by our play. Great win, I am very proud of our guys for this win and the big time play of the defense on the last 2 posessions of the game.

Edited by jwynn05

To me, the most encouraging thing tonight is the mental toughness the team showed in the second half. Seeing a 17-point lead evaporate in the third quarter had to be demoralizing considering the everything that has happened this year. To rally in the fourth quarter says a lot for the team. Congratulations, guys.

Guest GrayEagleOne

One thing that I picked up on in the postgame interviews. George asked DeLoach if Todd Dodge was a good coach and he said that he was. I have been afraid that there was a little friction there but it could have been caused by neither (offense or defense) being successful.

DeLoach said that the entire defense has been installed but that it's not natural for them yet. So, maybe things will improve. They still gave up too many big plays but they played so hard, especially at the end, and that really paid off.

I don't remember the offensive stats but they were spotty. Vizza didn't have a very good night but he came through, sespecially on the pass to Fitzgerald, so maybe that'll pump him for next game.

The special teams still aren't special, especially on coverage. I believe that a missed field goal turned this into a nailbiter but our kicking game was far superior to theirs. I still think that they should have squibbed the last kickoff in order to prevent a big return. The kick returns, with the exception of the fumble, were much improved.

This was a great win and got the monkey off of their back. I'm hopeful for next week as well.

I don't remember the offensive stats but they were spotty. Vizza didn't have a very good night but he came through, sespecially on the pass to Fitzgerald, so maybe that'll pump him for next game.

The special teams still aren't special, especially on coverage. I believe that a missed field goal turned this into a nailbiter but our kicking game was far superior to theirs. I still think that they should have squibbed the last kickoff in order to prevent a big return. The kick returns, with the exception of the fumble, were much improved.

This was a great win and got the monkey off of their back. I'm hopeful for next week as well.

Whorver got m e the taxi thanks.

sucks to hav e 4 td pass and one olong td run. bad game by our qb.

Vizza didn't have a very good night but he came through, sespecially on the pass to Fitzgerald, so maybe that'll pump him for next game.

You may be surprised by the numbers, but Vizza had FANTASTIC night.... 62% (23-37) completion rate with 4 TDs and 1 interception. He also rushed for 34 yards and 1 touch down. That, my friend, is some offensive output. Great win tonight! That was a tough WKU team that played some ranked teams pretty decently.

One thing that I picked up on in the postgame interviews. George asked DeLoach if Todd Dodge was a good coach and he said that he was. I have been afraid that there was a little friction there but it could have been caused by neither (offense or defense) being successful.

DeLoach said that the entire defense has been installed but that it's not natural for them yet. So, maybe things will improve. They still gave up too many big plays but they played so hard, especially at the end, and that really paid off.

DeLoach’s endorsement of Dodge was the most interesting thing about tonight. I’ve been sitting on the fence about Dodge reserving judgment until next year. However, when DeLoach speaks it hard not to listen.

You may be surprised by the numbers, but Vizza had FANTASTIC night.... 62% (23-37) completion rate with 4 TDs and 1 interception. He also rushed for 34 yards and 1 touch down. That, my friend, is some offensive output. Great win tonight! That was a tough WKU team that played some ranked teams pretty decently.

Might wanna tap the brakes there; he couldn't really hit as receiver in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, they only lost by 14 to Virginia Tech (ranked #20 at the time), lost by 21 to Ball State (maybe ranked 25 at the time). They were blown out 41-7 by then 11th ranked Alabama, but that's no real disgrace, as well as Bama has been doing since.

Might wanna tap the brakes there; he couldn't really hit as receiver in the 3rd quarter.

Congrats to the team on the win. I only was able to listen to the first half, so outside of SUMG calling me after the game to give me a recap of the last 2 minutes, I know virtually nothing. I am however, cautiously optimistic though. I will be interested to see how well we do the rest of the season.