The Wheels Are Off The Bus

LoveMG

Again I preach patience. The wheels are off the bus. You must learn patience, though. The wheels have been off the bus for some time. You have to give a coach at least 4 years. Anything less is just not right.

GMG

Really?

You cant be loyal to people who are not producing. The day coaches are successful and are offered a better paying job they wont think twice. If we wait atleast 4 years we may very well lose a pretty good portion to our already small loyal fanbase.

The last four years have been absolutely brutal. Especially when you look at our success the four years preceding them. Granted, only two of them are under Dodge's watch, but it is really turning into a beating.

But, I still think we have to give Dodge another year. If we're like this next year though....I may have to reconsider my "everyone has to have four years" rule.

Again I preach patience. The wheels are off the bus. You must learn patience, though. The wheels have been off the bus for some time. You have to give a coach at least 4 years. Anything less is just not right.

GMG

Quoner is absolutely right. How long have all of you jerks been ship captains? How many of you have any experience leading a crew of seamen?

Whoever the captain on that boat is, he should get at least 4-5 years to right that ship. Even if it's totally underwater, let it soak for 4-5 so he can put in his own crewmembers.

For crying out loud, the cargo hold is totally bare!

Just think what would have happened had the Cowboys not given Landry more time to right the ship? I'm not comparing Landry to Dodge mind you, I just happen to think Dodge has recruited well his first two years. I believe the upside on this thing will bring great results. Georgio threw out a quote about Dickey's players that very few of his players are playing significant minutes. They are very young. The cupboard was very bare when he came. We could learn a thing about patience that our parents knew. We are in a fast food world, but sometimes lessons learned from the past can fare us well in the future.

GMG

Todd Dodge will never be a Tom Landry. Bank on that. Keep telling yourself the cupboard is bare if it really makes you feel better. This is so embarassing what they are putting out there. And to be honest I am not even putting it on the players so much...its the coaching. This is a bunch of bad and amateur coaches. This is not Southlake Carroll. In the great words of the great Dan Hawkins....THIS IS DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Unfortunately, we are probably stuck for another year. If TD will concentrate on the offense and allow the assistants to coach the way that they know how then this thing could possibly turn around but I sure don't see it the way things are now. The high school coaches are going to have to become college coaches THIS YEAR or return to high school.

If there are no changes then look for Dodge to be fired in mid-season next year. I thought that we might win a game or two this year but our best shot is next week against Western Kentucky and I haven't seen enough of anything to believe that we can even beat them. If this is our first 0-12 season, then Dodge might as well leave because his following will be gone as well.

We seem to be going backwards since the Navy game last year. What in the world has happened to our offense?

I just think coaches are figuring out TD and how to stop him. It is easy to dominate in high school but this level is significantly higher. Personally speaking I am not a fan of the spread. I prefer the run and pass balance NFL style of offense and all positions utilized.

You have to give a coach time to recruit, mold them, and then "purge" the team of any misdoings the previous coach may have committed. Take a look at Magino (sp??) at Kansas. He is in his 6th or 7th year as coach and his win/loss record is barely above .500. (It's like 42-36 or something similar) It took him several years to get to the success that KU enjoyed last year. And they are in the Big XII which recruits way better than any Sun Belt team. So you can't be down and out on Dodge so early. Yes, his win/loss record is miserable, but I think that we are headed in the right direction. We passed a STUDENT referendum to increase athletic fees. That would have NEVER happened 7 or 8 years ago. We can't change coaches and then go from mediocre to great overnight. It is not a light switch but a complex web of causes and effects that have to happen. We were down and out on Dickey in October of 2001 and he got us to 4 bowl games and 26 straight wins in conference.

Don't give up hope now. Dodge and the team need our love and support right now, not a pity party to point out the obvious. I still believe in our team AND coach. And so should everyone else!!!!!!

You have to give a coach time to recruit, mold them, and then "purge" the team of any misdoings the previous coach may have committed. Take a look at Magino (sp??) at Kansas. He is in his 6th or 7th year as coach and his win/loss record is barely above .500. (It's like 42-36 or something similar) It took him several years to get to the success that KU enjoyed last year. And they are in the Big XII which recruits way better than any Sun Belt team. So you can't be down and out on Dodge so early. Yes, his win/loss record is miserable, but I think that we are headed in the right direction. We passed a STUDENT referendum to increase athletic fees. That would have NEVER happened 7 or 8 years ago. We can't change coaches and then go from mediocre to great overnight. It is not a light switch but a complex web of causes and effects that have to happen. We were down and out on Dickey in October of 2001 and he got us to 4 bowl games and 26 straight wins in conference.

Don't give up hope now. Dodge and the team need our love and support right now, not a pity party to point out the obvious. I still believe in our team AND coach. And so should everyone else!!!!!!

jim-jones.jpeg

You. Me. Guyana. Ice cold Kool-aid

This is a bunch of bad and amateur coaches. This is not Southlake Carroll.

George DeLoach is an amatuer? He coached at Southlake?

Dont pin it all on Dodge and his "Southlake ties". All of the coaches are doing badly, the team is not learning, and noone has any enthusiasm.

George DeLoach is an amatuer? He coached at Southlake?

Dont pin it all on Dodge and his "Southlake ties". All of the coaches are doing badly, the team is not learning, and noone has any enthusiasm.

Deloach does not have ties to Southlake ofcourse but he isn't necessarily lighting up this year. Last year it was Ron Mendoza and we need to get rid of him ASAP and yes I did agree with that. This year we bring in Deloach and it is not his fault, it is the players. Dude that is insane. I refuse to give Deloach a free pass just because what he did for us in the past.

I just think coaches are figuring out TD and how to stop him. It is easy to dominate in high school but this level is significantly higher. Personally speaking I am not a fan of the spread. I prefer the run and pass balance NFL style of offense and all positions utilized.

They had this offense figured out by mid-season last year. I think there are other spreads out there I MIGHT be a fan of, but this one, notsomuch. This is a team that needs to be able to put its identity into a toughness and physicality that just isn't present in this system.

The Navy game that everyone likes to hang their hat on was against the only defense close to as terrible as ours. It's called an anomaly. Everyone pointed to our passing yards last year, and I continually suggested they were primarily put up between the twenties, our 3rd down percentages were generally terrible, and we rarely could sustain drives.

"But look how high we're ranked in passing yards!"

Blech.