So....

Green Guy Bass

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is that on one hand, we don't necessarily need to go "yaaaayyyy, 0-7!", but on the other hand, we don't need to say, "screw this program, I'm hanging up my super-fan tights because the current state of the program makes me never want to be a fan again". Both are ridiculous extremes, very unlike pinky guillotining.

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

mallrats02dt7.jpg

Sailboat.

How am I shooting the bird at my school by being frustrated over what the hell happens on Saturday afternoons in the fall? I want us to play well and prosper as much as possible, however when there is a true lack of progress on the field under a head coach that was sold to the fan-base as the savior - people are going to be a little ticked and I am one of them. Deal with it. I am not alone here either. If you don't like what I have to say ignore it and move on with whatever point you want to make. Nobody says you have to call me out as a 'fair weather fan', when I pay as much attention, if not more than the vast majority of people that post here.

It does bug the hell out of me that members (like you) get so upset with the tone and mood of what members post. Maybe you should get a LIFER.

I never stated that it was wrong to be upset with the product on the field. What I am saying, and how I think you are "shooting the bird at your school," is by not going to the game. Lack of support has been the problem of this team forever.

Guess we are even, because it bugs the hell out of me to have fair weather fans. First to jump on the bandwagon when all is right and good and first to jump off when things aren't going as planned. Tone and mood don't bother me, not showing up and supporting North Texas does.

Edited by UNTLifer

97and03...sadly, I lost the tights (all three sets) a few moves ago. I guess it doesn't matter since I'm so far away now anyway. Still wish I could have passed them on to a new generation of Mean Green KISS!

I never stated that it was wrong to be upset with the product on the field. What I am saying, and how I think you are "shooting the bird at your school," is by not going to the game. Lack of support has been the problem of this team forever.

Guess we are even, because it bugs the hell out of me to have fair weather fans. First to jump on the bandwagon when all is right and good and first to jump off when things aren't going as planned. Tone and mood don't bother me, not showing up and supporting North Texas does.

If you actually read my post, I believe I said that I see no real reason to go to Fouts on a Saturday or tune into Jub and Hank, but it doesn't mean that I don't. I still attend games and tune in. In fact I will be there Saturday, I am just having a harder time giving up my time on a Saturday to drive 45 minutes and watch a product that isn't being managed well. Chill out.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

giving up my time on a Saturday

Here's where we differ. I just can't see it that way. I look forward to every game, and I've enjoyed my time at each game much more than any alternative time spending opportunities available.

Then again, if you lined up 22 cockroaches on a ping pong table with a BB and handed me a brat and a beer, I'd pretty much drop anything else I might be doing.

Here's where we differ. I just can't see it that way. I look forward to every game, and I've enjoyed my time at each game much more than any alternative time spending opportunities available.

Then again, if you lined up 22 cockroaches on a ping pong table with a BB and handed me a brat and a beer, I'd pretty much drop anything else I might be doing.

Crazy hot easy nookie women might change your mind on that one. Just sayin.

I am very happy that the students did their part to get us a new stadium, now the administration needs tp do their part to follow through. However, this thing is still firmly in the ditch at 0-7 and there are no real signs of improvement. The news of the week makes this season one of overall progress, but this team totally sucks in every facet of the game. Until the new stadium is built what on earth are we going to do to distract us from the worst football team in the country?

Nothing really comes to mind and sadly I see no reason to burn a Saturday at Fouts, or even tune into the MGRN when we are on the road. I suppose we can all get jazzed about our basketball team now. So very beaten down right now. :mellow:

I read the post to state:

1. You are happy the student's voted in the athletic fee.

2. The team is in the ditch at 0-7 and there are no signs of improvement.

3. This team totally sucks in every facet of the game.

4. You see no reason to burn a Saturday at Fouts, or even tune into the MGRN when NT is on the road.

I take #4 to mean you aren't going to the game and you aren't listening to the away games. Guess I was confused. I apologize for the misunderstanding, and I'll proceed to chill out.

If you're going to Denton on Saturdays, you're in the right spot for all of the above!!!

Unless the Good Lord sees fit to transform me into a young good looking stud and renders me single without financial penalty, all I can do is look, and there's no better place on a Saturday afternoon to do so than the UNT parking lot.

Edited by oldguystudent

I read the post to state:

1. You are happy the student's voted in the athletic fee.

2. The team is in the ditch at 0-7 and there are no signs of improvement.

3. This team totally sucks in every facet of the game.

4. You see no reason to burn a Saturday at Fouts, or even tune into the MGRN when NT is on the road.

I take #4 to mean you aren't going to the game and you aren't listening to the away games. Guess I was confused. I apologize for the misunderstanding, and I'll proceed to chill out.

Sorry about all of the confusion. Love you. GMG.

Unless the Good Lord sees fit to transform me into a young good looking stud and renders me single without financial penalty, all I can do is look, and there's no better place on a Saturday afternoon to do so than the UNT parking lot.

I'd live vicariously as thus as well, but since I've already been there/done that and was lucky enough to land a hot (and awesome) wife...might as well use it as a marketing tool!

Mind you, if anybody else calls UNT girls "tools", I'll rip their lungs out.

If you actually read my post, I believe I said that I see no real reason to go to Fouts on a Saturday or tune into Jub and Hank, but it doesn't mean that I don't. I still attend games and tune in. In fact I will be there Saturday, I am just having a harder time giving up my time on a Saturday to drive 45 minutes and watch a product that isn't being managed well. Chill out.

Come over and tailgate with us, what photos being taken of douche's and eat some chocolate chip cookies and it will make the game somewhat more palatable.