So....

Green Guy Bass

I am very happy that the students did their part to get us a new stadium, now the administration needs tp do their part to follow through. However, this thing is still firmly in the ditch at 0-7 and there are no real signs of improvement. The news of the week makes this season one of overall progress, but this team totally sucks in every facet of the game. Until the new stadium is built what on earth are we going to do to distract us from the worst football team in the country?

Nothing really comes to mind and sadly I see no reason to burn a Saturday at Fouts, or even tune into the MGRN when we are on the road. I suppose we can all get jazzed about our basketball team now. So very beaten down right now. :mellow:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy that the students did their part to get us a new stadium, now the administration needs tp do their part to follow through. However, this thing is still firmly in the ditch at 0-7 and there are no real signs of improvement. The news of the week makes this season one of overall progress, but this team totally sucks in every facet of the game. Until the new stadium is built what on earth are we going to do to distract us from the worst football team in the country?

Nothing really comes to mind and sadly I see no reason to burn a Saturday at Fouts, or even tune into the MGRN when we are on the road. I suppose we can all get jazzed about our basketball team now. So very beaten down right now. :mellow:

I am with you.

Too bad there are 2 halves to a game.

There is always next year, or in this case 2011. I really hope it doesn't take that long to see some presentable football.

I hate to keep saying this... I am ready for Basketball.

The football game is only half the day on game days. Tailgating and visiting with your OTHER family is the other.

I wouldn't consider a saturday complete without it.

And this doesn't even include homecoming.

And if you want to talk about a football team that sucks just turn on CBS right now. Damn Cowboys. Wheels Off!

Rick

I would imagine the fact that the stadium is now a certainty will allow Dodge to recruit even better than last year. By the time we open the stadium, we should be a force to be reckoned with. I truly see us as the next South Florida.

Good to see optimism from you, Flyer. By the way good work on the vote. However, I don't think a shiny new stadium has a bigger impact on a recruit like 0-12 and a traditionally bad conferece. Also, if you want to be the next S. Florida, you will have to go after some thugs, will Dodge even do that?

Edited by Green Guy Bass

And if you want to talk about a football team that sucks just turn on CBS right now. Damn Cowboys. Wheels Off!

Rick

They are showing a CBS feed in DFW? Here in NW Ark, I am watching a Fox feed with the Moose and Goose.

Well there are only two saturdays left if I am not mistaking. The best part of gameday is the tailgating and ass. Atleast you can do that and not go to the game. This year there is nothing to look forward to other than baby steps of improvement. Although we shut out ULM in the 2nd half last night, to me it still does not say much but I hope it is enough to give our guys a spark in their ass. The new stadium is a true asset and weapon we have now for recruiting. I just hope Dodge can recruit guys we actually need and not just skill players for his offense. As for being the next South Florida, I hope you are right but we have a ways to go. The first and foremost need is moving into a better conference such as the MWC or even CUSA if we are able to get in. Then we can start talking about truly being a BCS buster type of team.

Well there are only two saturdays left if I am not mistaking. The best part of gameday is the tailgating and ass. Atleast you can do that and not go to the game. This year there is nothing to look forward to other than baby steps of improvement. Although we shut out ULM in the 2nd half last night, to me it still does not say much but I hope it is enough to give our guys a spark in their ass. The new stadium is a true asset and weapon we have now for recruiting. I just hope Dodge can recruit guys we actually need and not just skill players for his offense. As for being the next South Florida, I hope you are right but we have a ways to go. The first and foremost need is moving into a better conference such as the MWC or even CUSA if we are able to get in. Then we can start talking about truly being a BCS buster type of team.

Say ass again

Good to see optimism from you, Flyer. By the way good work on the vote. However, I don't think a shiny new stadium has a bigger impact on a recruit like 0-12 and a traditionally bad conferece. Also, if you want to be the next S. Florida, you will have to go after some thugs, will Dodge even do that?

Exactly. He has been recruiting to a new stadium and look where that has us. Shiney New Stadium doesn't help this team play better - they found out right before they went out that the stadium vote had passed and look how they played. Besides I am TIRED of the "let Dodge get his players" in here excuse.....because that is all that is, an excuse.

Exactly. He has been recruiting to a new stadium and look where that has us. Shiney New Stadium doesn't help this team play better - they found out right before they went out that the stadium vote had passed and look how they played. Besides I am TIRED of the "let Dodge get his players" in here excuse.....because that is all that is, an excuse.

I realize this is a stretch question but this really has me thinking. Yesterday when I was watching the Penn State/Michigan game, they showed the coaches in the press box. Holy crap, they have a buttload of coaches. Both teams had a DT coach, DE coach, interior lines coach etc. etc. I know we will never be in their league but is it possible we have good coaches but they are spread way too thin? Doesn't our receiver coach also coach special teams? With this new student fee would it be to our advantage to hire more coaches and let them coach ONE specialty instead of expecting coaches to coach more than one position?

We are playing with a...

True Sophomore QB (Vizza)

True Sophomore Center (JJ Johnson)

Redshirt Sophomore Offensive Tackle (Santiago)

Redshirt Sophomore Offensive Guard (Menard) (hurt)

Redshirt Freshman WR (Roberson)

Redshirt Sophomore DE (Sykes)

Redshirt Sophomore LB (Robertson)

True Sophomore LB (Penson)

True Freshman CB (Hill)

True Freshman Safety (Williams)

DL rotation (Freshman/Sophomore mix)

Try playing a high school varsity team with a high school JV team.

This doesn't answer all the concerns this team has, but may explain a lot of it.

Should give people to look forward to as well. If you believe in the hype these players came to Denton with, and Juniors and Seniors, we should pretty damn salty.

Something to think about...

I am afraid that we are not correctly developing some of these players and that the only reason some of them are playing is the lack of older kids or talent.

Besides I am TIRED of the "let Dodge get his players" in here excuse.....because that is all that is, an excuse.

Agreed. An age old excuse. It's like Rodriquez at Michigan, waiting to get "his" players there to learn. So the current Michigan players are chopped liver? :blink: Somehow I doubt it.

We are playing with a...

True Sophomore QB (Vizza)

True Sophomore Center (JJ Johnson)

Redshirt Sophomore Offensive Tackle (Santiago)

Redshirt Sophomore Offensive Guard (Menard) (hurt)

Redshirt Freshman WR (Roberson)

Redshirt Sophomore DE (Sykes)

Redshirt Sophomore LB (Robertson)

True Sophomore LB (Penson)

True Freshman CB (Hill)

True Freshman Safety (Williams)

DL rotation (Freshman/Sophomore mix)

Try playing a high school varsity team with a high school JV team.

This doesn't answer all the concerns this team has, but may explain a lot of it.

Should give people to look forward to as well. If you believe in the hype these players came to Denton with, and Juniors and Seniors, we should pretty damn salty.

Something to think about...

Okay, I will give you that we are young, but that still isn't enough to explain why we are throttled everytime we play. Under that assumption, Arkansas should be winless, because they have 16 TRUE freshmen that have started this season with a NEW coaching staff in the FIRST year and they are 3-4.

Okay, I will give you that we are young, but that still isn't enough to explain why we are throttled everytime we play. Under that assumption, Arkansas should be winless, because they have 16 TRUE freshmen that have started this season with a NEW coaching staff in the FIRST year and they are 3-4.

In all fairness, Deloach is getting his ass handed to him as well. If he is using young players instead of Mahan, Latiff, and company then he is to blame. Dodge doesn't have anything to do with the defense but sit there and watch on the sideline and wonder WTF.

Deloach seems to be playing people out of position. Gilmore, Mahan, what happend to Kartay? Why would you put your most natural DE at tackle? Gilmore had a ton of knock downs last season, has long arms and is fairly good at stopping the run on the outside and Deloach has him playing tackle? What is up with that? Where is Franklin, why did we burn his shirt if he wasn't going to play significant minutes?

Agreed. An age old excuse. It's like Rodriquez at Michigan, waiting to get "his" players there to learn. So the current Michigan players are chopped liver? Somehow I doubt it.

Being that my family is from Detroit and are diehard Michigan fans, he would not be a good choice for your example. Have you watched Michigan this year? They've lost at home to Utah and Toledo (the same Toledo that lost at home to FIU). Michigan lost to ND and was just pounded by Penn State. Guess what, everyone up their is not happy but they are all saying he needs time to "get his players in" to fit his system. Remember he's changing from a pro style to spread. Also, it's a little different calling Michigan players "chop liver" when they have been in the top 10 in recruiting every year for the past 20+ years.

Edited by GMoney

In all fairness, Deloach is getting his ass handed to him as well. If he is using young players instead of Mahan, Latiff, and company then he is to blame. Dodge doesn't have anything to do with the defense but sit there and watch on the sideline and wonder WTF.

Deloach seems to be playing people out of position. Gilmore, Mahan, what happend to Kartay? Why would you put your most natural DE at tackle? Gilmore had a ton of knock downs last season, has long arms and is fairly good at stopping the run on the outside and Deloach has him playing tackle? What is up with that? Where is Franklin, why did we burn his shirt if he wasn't going to play significant minutes?

In all fairness, perhaps Deloach isn't making those decisions... He does have a boss.