Who Would You Like To See...

JesseMartin

As I'm expanding my portfolio (most stuff thus far has been musicians and superheroes), I'm going to start doing some sports stuff to submit to ESPN, SI, etc. I figured a great way to show off my talent AND my school pride would be to use one of our guys as one of the portfolio pieces.

So, I pose to you, Mean Green Nation...which star would you most like to see? It'll be in my cool new pop-art method that uses the prismatic 3-D glasses to enhance viewing.

My short list (which I'm willing to expand):

Joe

Cobbs

Kassell

Waters

Quinn

Maybe someday I'll be able to do an all-UNT Football show, but for now I'm just going to do one.

Thoughts?

As I'm expanding my portfolio (most stuff thus far has been musicians and superheroes), I'm going to start doing some sports stuff to submit to ESPN, SI, etc. I figured a great way to show off my talent AND my school pride would be to use one of our guys as one of the portfolio pieces.

So, I pose to you, Mean Green Nation...which star would you most like to see? It'll be in my cool new pop-art method that uses the prismatic 3-D glasses to enhance viewing.

Joe

Cobbs

Kassell

Waters

Quinn

Maybe someday I'll be able to do an all-UNT Football show, but for now I'm just going to do one.

Thoughts?

No contest. You should portfolio-orize the greatest North Texas football player of all time: Brandon Kennedy.

Joe

Cobbs

Kassell

Waters

Quinn

Thoughts?

I'd like to see a Scott Hall portrait.

This is interesting to me. I would like to see a portrait that shows faces that are important to UNT's football history over the past 20-30 years and that would include both players coaches and administrators. I would include Dr. Pohl, RV, DD, Matt Simon, Brandon Kennedy, Scott Hall, Brad Kassell, Pat Cobbs, Craig Helwig, Coach Dodge, Hayden Fry, Andrew Smith etc... it would be a collage type of portrait.

This is interesting to me. I would like to see a portrait that shows faces that are important to UNT's football history over the past 20-30 years and that would include both players coaches and administrators. I would include Dr. Pohl, RV, DD, Matt Simon, Brandon Kennedy, Scott Hall, Brad Kassell, Pat Cobbs, Craig Helwig, Coach Dodge, Hayden Fry, Andrew Smith etc... it would be a collage type of portrait.

That would be cool, but not likely something usable for print. If UNT ever wanted one I'd do it. I'm more going for the kind of thing that you'd see in magazines as an alternative to photos. A collage of all of our folks would spread the focus around too much...and most illustrations in print stick to 1 or 2 people to draw the reader in.

If I start getting work with magazines, though, I'd be willing to do an extremely large-scale one for cheap for UNT if they wanted one. I don't expect that they'd be very interested in displaying something from me until I'm more nationally recognizable, though. Maybe I can get American Paper Optics to make plastic 3-D glasses for anyone who buys my stuff...then if someday UNT wants to have one of mine permanently, we could have some chained to a stand so people could see our players' portraits in 3-D without worrying about tearing the cheap cardboard glasses.

Can I get a historical portrait of RV? Maybe something with him in a USM outfit, or holding a Pizza Hut delivery insulator.

LOL sure, how much you got? Heh.

Maybe Pizza Hut RV being tackled by the smu guys with the pony, all in 3-D! Um...being protected by Peter Weller in Robo gear and Joe Greene?

Can I get a historical portrait of RV? Maybe something with him in a USM outfit, or holding a Pizza Hut delivery insulator.

The Pizza Hut reference is incorrect. It would have to be a Domino's delivery bag. He owned a Domino's franchise.