Dodge's Dog Pound

UNTflyer

EBLQNQMJFULSWCB.20080823163652.jpg

DENTON, Texas (8/25/08) – Have you ever wanted to talk X’s & O’s with head football coach Todd Dodge? All students will get their chance on Wednesday, Sept. 3 with the first installment of Dodge’s Dog Pound in the Union Lyceum at 7:30 p.m.

The chalk talk session will include the North Texas cheerleaders, the Mean Green Pep Band and coach Dodge answering all your questions about Mean Green football and the upcoming game against Tulsa.

Bring any t-shirt from another college and we’ll exchange it for a Dodge’s Dog Pound t-shirt while supplies last.

EBLQNQMJFULSWCB.20080823163652.jpg

DENTON, Texas (8/25/08) – Have you ever wanted to talk X’s & O’s with head football coach Todd Dodge? All students will get their chance on Wednesday, Sept. 3 with the first installment of Dodge’s Dog Pound in the Union Lyceum at 7:30 p.m.

The chalk talk session will include the North Texas cheerleaders, the Mean Green Pep Band and coach Dodge answering all your questions about Mean Green football and the upcoming game against Tulsa.

Bring any t-shirt from another college and we’ll exchange it for a Dodge’s Dog Pound t-shirt while supplies last.

Almost forgot about this. The t-shirt promotion is a great idea.

Almost forgot about this. The t-shirt promotion is a great idea.

I do like the overall idea but rather than branding it Dodges Dog Pound something along the lines of Mean Green Maniacs would have been smarter. Ties it to the school not the coach - denotes the rowdiest section of student seating - aside from the dog days of summer how does dog pound related to football and specifically NT football?

Something is better than nothing though.

I do like the overall idea but rather than branding it Dodges Dog Pound something along the lines of Mean Green Maniacs would have been smarter. Ties it to the school not the coach - denotes the rowdiest section of student seating - aside from the dog days of summer how does dog pound related to football and specifically NT football?

Something is better than nothing though.

I love it; trying something new to get students involved

(and this type of branding seemed to have worked at www.mackbrownfootball.com)

Guest GrayEagleOne

This is a great idea and other than the name, I'm totally on board with it but isn't it a little bit ironic that the most visible players on the poster are no longer here. I believe that the one on the far left is Korey Washington (10), Eddrick Gilmore (94) is to Dodge's immediate right and Montey Stevenson (79) is to Dodge's left. The other almost identifiable player is behind Dodge with only a '9' visible and that could be Brandon Jackson (49), also departed.

I have to agree that I think fandom should be linked to the University or the program rather than a coach. You never know how long a coach is going to be around, unless it is someone who has committed their life to the institution like JoePa.

What is this T-shirt tradeup?

We have something at Texas State where you can bring in a T-shirt from another school and get a free TXST shirt. Is it something like that?

Edited by Chrisattsu

Everyone here say it with me: "Thank you Emmitt"....... for coming up with the T Shirt Exchange idea 7 or 8 years ago.

Rick

Indeed. Though I did prefer when it was initially just NORTH TEXAS. But that was probably EJ's best idea...and that's saying something.

Edited by CMJ

I love it; trying something new to get students involved

(and this type of branding seemed to have worked at www.mackbrownfootball.com)

I think this a great thing and an all around great idea from many folks. Thanks to Emmitt for the T-shirt exchange that is still going, Dodge does this to get students involved and they tie his name to an area that we have sorely needed to get more students involved. Great idea.

For the naysayers...why not try something new? We've had ups and downs in involvement over the years, but even the ups weren't as high as would be desired. If he tries something new, and it works, great. If it doesn't work, try something else or go back to the old version of the exchange next year. If our new and recent freshmen knew of Dodge while in high school, it might rekindle any thoughts they may have had or inspire enough curiosity to get them out there.

No matter what...again...why not try something new? The old ideas have only been met with limited success.

I hope they take all those t-shirts and throw them into the bonfire.

I believe that is exactly what they have done with a few of them previously - while donating the rest of them to homeless sheleters (or something like that).

What if Joe Student is a hard core Mean Green fan and wouldn't dare own a shirt of another school - does he get a t-shirt?

Edited by Zeke

ABSOLUTELY A GREAT IDEA! WAY TO GO COACH DODGE AND THE ATHLETICS DEPT!!! It is way past time that something positive is done to try to get the students involved more in UNT athletics. To those of you who want to try to find something negative to this...KEEP IT TO YOURSELF...this is 100% positive, and can only have positive results.

Great job...now SHOW UP AT THE GAME...inside the stadium...with the new T-Shirt...just a great idea!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

This T-shirt Exchange will be run by Talons and Athletics, it is a continuation of what we do all year but this will have a specific shirt.

We currently exchange the shirts "Talons Made Me MEAN" on the front "UNT made me GREEN" on the back

This will be a Dodge T-shirt for people to wear to the games.

Yes we will still take one shirt from each other university and burn it in the bonfire, multiples are donated.