No More North Texas Exes To Kick Around Anymore

DallasGreen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the deal?

Well That's just dumb. UNTAA, Ridiculous! We need to stop all this change crap, no wonder there is very little tradition. No one knows what the hell they are.I am not so much upset with the name change as I am with the lack of focus on starting and keeping traditions alive. Hey which, fingers do I hold up to make the claw? I forget. oh and what color are we? Logo, what's that? I am surprised our Fight Song and School Song haven't changed. I bet someone tried though.

Edited by filmerj

I believe it was called that about 10 years ago. My first credit card that I got my freshman year('96) definitelty said North Texas Alumni Association and had an Eagle that looked akin to the Roman Standard. It changed to NT Exes around my 3rd year of college.

"I am surprised our Fight Song and School Song haven't changed. I bet someone tried though"

As I have written before, the fight song was changed to the dumbed down arrangement we now use. This was done in 1976 after Maurice McAdow retired.

I thought it would be high time to return to the original version, especially as former band members had a reunion at last year's homecoming towards the purpose of endowing a scholarship in memory of Mr. McAdow. I wrote to the current marching band director about this but did not receive the courtesy of a reply.

"I am surprised our Fight Song and School Song haven't changed. I bet someone tried though"

As I have written before, the fight song was changed to the dumbed down arrangement we now use. This was done in 1976 after Maurice McAdow retired.

I thought it would be high time to return to the original version, especially as former band members had a reunion at last year's homecoming towards the purpose of endowing a scholarship in memory of Mr. McAdow. I wrote to the current marching band director about this but did not receive the courtesy of a reply.

i though it had been, but wasn't sure. Can the original be found anywhere? I am interested in hearing what it sounded like.

I have a LP in green vinyl, no less, with the original fight song, alma mater, and other McAdow classics. I would love to convert this to MP3 and share. If anyone is technically more astute than I and has the right equipment to do this, please contact me at my office email: js@longleafopera(nospam).org

I wrote to the current marching band director about this but did not receive the courtesy of a reply.

none of unt's leadership in band, exes, athletics, or prez attended nt so they put no premium on any traditions. rv has tried to retain some traditions and make amends with former athletes so he gets points.

I've been out of school for 2 months and have yet to receive anything from the NT Exes, other than an offer for health insurance (addressed to my parents <_< ).

Alumni Association.. remember no longer Exes. Maybe they are waiting to change their letterhead again.

It was time. They seem to change the name of this organization every few years. If they can change it just when people start to get used to the name, it ensures that no continuity or tradition is ever built up.

Just what I was afraid of. Seems to be the modus operandi of this school. You hit the nail on the head though, no tradition is ever built up with changing things all of the time.

none of unt's leadership in band, exes, athletics, or prez attended nt so they put no premium on any traditions. rv has tried to retain some traditions and make amends with former athletes so he gets points.

?? Did the Marching Band director leave after last season?...cause if not, he was my RA in Kerr Hall my Freshman year. I'd say that counts as "attending" UNT...