Shanice Stephens Gets The Job

Harry

Not the first choice of the majority on here. Makes me wonder about Capps' interview or the potential baggage from the UTA situation.

You know I never thought about that....I agree with you and you make a great point about her potential baggage. I mean yes she has done good things but her baggage may not be worth it....its not like shes Pat Summit (if infact Summit does have baggage).

I'm willing to bet that Coach Capps and anything related to her, UTA, her accomplishments there or otherwise had absolutely nothing to do with this hire.

Rick

I'll agree with that. Just looking from the bios and from the outside I'd say "other" factors became the more important factors. Disappointed if this is merely a PC choice. :angry:

I'll agree with that. Just looking from the bios and from the outside I'd say "other" factors became the more important factors. Disappointed if this is merely a PC choice. :angry:

More than likely the "other" factor is cash...if Stephens is the least qualified as seems to be the board's concensus...that probably meant she would command the least money. All 7 season ticket holders and the other 50 or so people who show up for the womens games should be pleased to know their ticket prices aren't going up.

I need to stop this...its still women's basketball

More than likely the "other" factor is cash...if Stephens is the least qualified as seems to be the board's concensus...that probably meant she would command the least money. All 7 season ticket holders and the other 50 or so people who show up for the womens games should be pleased to know their ticket prices aren't going up.

I need to stop this...its still women's basketball

That is the problem. How can NT ever expect to be a player nationally, when it makes a hire like this in the women's basketball program, which is still the third leading money making program at the school.

Oh and Miner I refuse to eat Dominos pizza because it sucks, just like a former franchise owner whose name will go unmentioned.

That is the problem. How can NT ever expect to be a player nationally, when it makes a hire like this in the women's basketball program, which is still the third leading money making program at the school.

Oh and Miner I refuse to eat Dominos pizza because it sucks, just like a former franchise owner whose name will go unmentioned.

Let it go.

Hell, I've become Coach Stephens biggest fan just so I can remind you of this assinine post when she is successful in this position.

I'm truly amazed at the reaction, from some of you, about the hiring of a coach

that most of us know nothing about. I have no concerns about who was hired

for any position at the university. I have been a fan for 40+ years and I attend

games and donate funds because I love NT. As a fan, we all should give the

benefit of the doubt to the people charged with making difficult decisions.

Those of you that spend your time trying to figure out why something doesn't

work probably don't donate to the school and certainly don't go to the

trouble to buy and attend games. Probably these negatives that are posted

reflect a direct correlation to a lack of success in a persons own life.

We all should back this new coach and remember that she will probably be

a much better "X" and "O" coach than we have had for the last 19 years.

Regardless, RV has done more as the AD for this school than anyone in the

past and if his decision was made with pressure from the Prez, most of you

negative posters probably have more "folds" in your history than a cheap suit.

I have been a fan for 40+ years and I attend

games and donate funds because I love NT. As a fan, we all should give the

benefit of the doubt to the people charged with making difficult decisions.

Donating and supporting because you love NT is admirable. If you were simply a fan then you would have no other choice but to give the benefit of the doubt to the people in charge with making the difficult decisions. But as a donor/investor/stock holder in this program you have every right to question those in charge, not just give them the benefit of the doubt. Give yourself more credit than that. Everyone gave Hurely the benefit of doubt concerning athletics and look where that got us?

As I posted in another thread, I hope I never see the day come when the fanbase at North Texas care so little about such decisions on who's hired and who's turned away. That would truly be a sad day indeed.

Rick