Spring Game

eppy4life

can we bring out beer for the tailgating???

on a side note, i was out tailgating for the basketball tournament game at the pit, having some burgers and brew, and the nt cops came by and said i couldn't have any beer on campus grounds, even though it was an athletic event. he said that they make an exception for football games....so does this mean we can drink at the spring game tailgating? thanks!

the nt cops came by and said i couldn't have any beer on campus grounds, even though it was an athletic event. he said that they make an exception for football games....

I thought this was a myth.... they even sell beer inside the Union to students during certain events...

can we bring out beer for the tailgating???

on a side note, i was out tailgating for the basketball tournament game at the pit, having some burgers and brew, and the nt cops came by and said i couldn't have any beer on campus grounds, even though it was an athletic event. he said that they make an exception for football games....so does this mean we can drink at the spring game tailgating? thanks!

They must make exceptions for a lot of things then, cause the BCIS banquet has served alcohol before. Let's not forget the resident halls you are allowed to have beer in your room (so long as all parties living in the room are 21).

I guess the best way to not catch any flack is to pour your alcoholic beverage of choice into the:

661866bs.jpg

They must make exceptions for a lot of things then, cause the BCIS banquet has served alcohol before. Let's not forget the resident halls you are allowed to have beer in your room (so long as all parties living in the room are 21).

I guess the best way to not catch any flack is to pour your alcoholic beverage of choice into the:

661866bs.jpg

I will at least use a green one of these!!

If memory serves me right, last year's spring game was totally dominated by the defense except for one long pass to Casey and one TD pass to Brandon.

I really look forward to seeing the defense play with the Deloach mentality and scheme. I am here to think with the Deloach "D" that more of the same might be in store, especially with a patch Offensive Line that has been getting ripped in practice.

Anxious to see the new kicker and how good his hang time and distance is on kickoffs. UNT gave up way too many yards on kick off return coverage. Also look forward to seeing him kick field goals in the wind at Fouts.

Deloach will have the dudes ready, you can bank on that. They also have an advantage of knowing most of all the hand signals given by Ford, Dodge, etc.

Thoughts? and Yes, cold beer is a must.

Edited by nautique

If memory serves me right, last year's spring game was totally dominated by the defense except for one long pass to Casey and one TD pass to Brandon.

Dominated isn't the word I'd use to describe our defense a year ago in the spring game. Meager had 3 TD passes on 8 of 16 for 233 yards. The QBs as a whole threw for 400 yards. Fitzgerald finished with 166 yards on four catches and two scores. While there were several INTs, I wouldn't call the defensive performance domintating based solely on the fact that the defense had a clear advantage against an offense that was learning a completely new offense.

MeanGreenSports.com write-up on the 2007 Green/White game.

Dominated isn't the word I'd use to describe our defense a year ago in the spring game. Meager had 3 TD passes on 8 of 16 for 233 yards. The QBs as a whole threw for 400 yards. Fitzgerald finished with 166 yards on four catches and two scores. While there were several INTs, I wouldn't call the defensive performance domintating based solely on the fact that the defense had a clear advantage against an offense that was learning a completely new offense.

MeanGreenSports.com write-up on the 2007 Green/White game.

before i saw the link, i was about to say that you've got one hell of a memory! i don't even remember what i wore to work last week!

before i saw the link, i was about to say that you've got one hell of a memory! i don't even remember what i wore to work last week!

I'd love to take credit, but I went to the article for my data.

I don't know what the total offense was for both teams (combined), but it might be easy to say it was close to 600 yards?

I'd love to take credit, but I went to the article for my data.

I don't know what the total offense was for both teams (combined), but it might be easy to say it was close to 600 yards?

Last year the defense looked strong early, and I remember a Toby Nwigwe interception that got me pumped. But then the offense got rolling and it was over.

Fentriss made our best DB look silly.

Fitz finished with 4 catches for over 160 yards and 2 TDs.

I don't recall who it was, probably Fentriss or Fitz, but they made a fantastic play where the DB brought them down and they rolled over him. The knee never touched and then just got up and kept the momentum going 20+ more yards into the endzone.

You could make a case now that it wasn't so much the reciever, as our soon-to-be wonderful secondary failing to wrap up and finish a tackle.

I really hope Dodge has tweaked the Red Zone package. We moved fine between the 20s last year, but sputtered several times once we were in the red zone.

I also can't wait to see Cam and Mosley run for their lives behind this line.

We have 6-8 win potential, but are a 4 or 5 win team in the trenches right now...and that's me drinking the koolaid.

I remember over 5000 fans at the game. Wow!

Driving up to Denton, I was thinking, why are all these cars here?

I ran into FireFightenRick in the stands, and we both had the

same thought, "Can you believe this crowd?" Amazing!

I sure hope the crowd packs the whole stadium this time!

Do you believe in the Mean Green?

Hell yes I believe in the Mean Green!