Gomeangreen Bowl V

medpilot21

2 things I noticed and have questions about...

What kind of injuries have we had MED... I dont remember? ha

If JB (Barnett) does play... we have to have a equally football skilled collegiate Athlete on the other team???? Where are we going to find that?

HAHA... okay, for those who do not remember, Some SHMUCK broke my collar-bone in the GMG Bowl II. It wouldnt have been so bad if he had dropped the stinkin ball after the hit, but he hung on to it? Insult to injury I guess. (Thanks Justin) Was an accidental collision and the game was still a blast. I just got to spend three quality hours in the Baylor Irving Emergency Room getting XRAYS and bad news...hehe. It was worth every second to play in that game. We all had a great time as we always do, and that is the only injury I can remember. (Well, Pierow leveled me on a late hit a couple of years ago and I think he got ejected, but that didnt hurt...and it was damn funny)

The point is we all have a great time playing in this thing every year, and it helps us remember a great kid who gave so much to our Beloved North Texas.

As for the second question, JB was not a scholarship football player. Let's just try to keep this thing as even as we can.

More to come later...

GMG!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way we can provide our own shirts for the screen-printing? Last year I got one with a pocket and it looks kinda ghey.

Sorry, shirts were donated y Walmart in Irving (Thanks again Tanya) so I dont know how many came with pockets. My shirt didnt have one? This year I am hoping to get the shirts and printing from the same supplier. Let' see how much I can get out of him before we start worrying about supplying our own stuff.

Thanks...

GMG!!!

Sorry, shirts were donated y Walmart in Irving (Thanks again Tanya) so I dont know how many came with pockets. My shirt didnt have one? This year I am hoping to get the shirts and printing from the same supplier. Let' see how much I can get out of him before we start worrying about supplying our own stuff.

Thanks...

GMG!!!

Only the ghey players got pocketed shirts which is why yours didn't have one Med.

I think last year we talked about it being 18 and up just because of injuries and the mass amounts of drinking that goes on. I could be wrong

Sorry about the slow response... The same eligibility rules will apply this year as the last four.

1. Player must be a member of the GoMeanGreen.com message board to be eligible.

2. Player must be at least 18 years old to compete. (injury and alcohol concerns make this one mandatory...sorry to the kiddo's, but it's a rough game out there and injuries do happen on occasion)

3. Player must be drafted on the night of the live draft. No surprise entries or last minute exemptions unless agreed to by both captains.

4. player trades are allowed if agreed to by both captains. The commish..(me) may deny a trade in the event it makes the teams un-even. (has never happened)

5. Former scholarship athletes are draft eligible if an equal number submit FACTUAL draft bios. There MUST be an equal number on both teams.

Hope that clears things up.. most on this board have played in these games already and have a good grasp of how this works.

I'll post the game rules and event schedules as usual. Watch the board for those updates.

GMG!!!

About the injuries:it's flag football...and I think i can take any injuries in flag football if i can take them in real tackle football. And the drinking- I'm not tempted that easily...so think about making an change for me please.

If not...consider bringing your kids so we can make our own side game or something. P.S. MED if anyone gets hurt you can fix them cant you? :)

Edited by meangreen2018

Um is anyone else concerned that an ELEVEN YEAR OLD has been reading all of your shananigans?! :lol:

Mac: But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun.

Thorny: Yeah, his shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Foster: Which wouldn't make them shenanigans, at all, really.

Mac: (Irish voice) Evil shenanigans!