Pit Crew Deserves Major Props...

ParksAndRecRick

The Pit Crew was just dang right awesome against Oklahoma State. What a super turn-out by the Students. By I was just as impressed with the turn-out on a Saturday afternoon game against Indiana State. We do have a lot to cheer for!!! But, I think you are really making a difference. Coach Jones said as much after the game on the radio!

Congrats' again! The Magic is BACK in the Super Pit!

Way to go Pit Crew!!!!

ParksAndRecRick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt like we kinda wore out the "D-FENSE" chant on saturday. I like it but everytime we go on defense we don't have to chant it. Lets just jump up and down and yell "OOOOOOOO" or just yell "OOOOOOO" really loud. Change it up a little bit.

i like that the crew has gone back to the heckling traditional... last year it wasnt as big of a thing but from what i am reading this year is just as brutal as the original crew... props to you guys

by the way, any alumni who have any ounce of meanness in them, and dont care about the opposing players' self esteems, are welcome to join us in the pit crew section. They say you grow smarter with age, and if you have any funny/mean/rude/downright nasty and completely repulsive that the casual fan would scoff at, feel free to come and join us. Remember to wear green. One rule: no reminising about the old pit crew days while in our section.

that is all

i like that the crew has gone back to the heckling traditional... last year it wasnt as big of a thing but from what i am reading this year is just as brutal as the original crew... props to you guys

Indeed. Some good chants this year:

D-U-I

Swea-ter Vest

Chick-en Legs

Ti-ny Head

BTW, you young pups who have done the "Bull-shit" chant after a questionable call... stop it. It's going to get us a technical foul, and probably at the worst time.

BTW, you young pups who have done the "Bull-shit" chant after a questionable call... stop it. It's going to get us a technical foul, and probably at the worst time.

T'ing up the crowd only fires them up and encourages them to ride the officials even more. You might as well paint a bullseye on your back at that point.

I'll never forget when an official called Shawnson Johnson for hanging on the rim. The crowd was fired up from that point on and just rode the officials hard as well. For some odd reason they called fewer fouls after that and whatever was called was challenged by the crowd.

T'ing up the crowd only fires them up and encourages them to ride the officials even more. You might as well paint a bullseye on your back at that point.

I'll never forget when an official called Shawnson Johnson for hanging on the rim. The crowd was fired up from that point on and just rode the officials hard as well. For some odd reason they called fewer fouls after that and whatever was called was challenged by the crowd.

how does yelling Bulls*** get you a technical foul? The fans pay for entertainment... they do that at all major programs. this isnt your little brother's pee wee league

Interesting.....

That is interesting...while I love the moxy and confidence...I think a little more respect ought be paid towards those who came before...if I make a basketball game this season I will talk about:

• Tiki
  • Sock Puppetts
  • Jamaican Bobsled guy
  • Anthony WInchester (only if up 30 with a minute to go...otherwise never shall his name be spoken in the Pit)
  • Wasian
  • 6'7" 150 pound walk-ons with the middle name Effin'
  • Sturns, ohhh nooo....OK...that was nice
  • Ivan Almonte and Sergio Rouco's plans after the game
  • Bracey Wright's bank shots
  • Bradley Boyd
  • that chubby kid who I think was Neil Daugherty's son on the end of the TCU bench
  • Courtney Lee soooo not being overrated
  • "Thats Sheldon Williams' brother!!!"
  • "Thats Sheldon Williams!!!"
  • Barnett just picked up another foul
  • Snooky, Skee, Tripod and the Point God
  • Drunk Scrappy
  • My dominance in halftime shootout compitions
  • leaving at 3 am after closing our repective bars, driving to Shreveport, and then driving to Lafayette and how insane that would've been
  • Reminding every D-1 transfer where they came from
  • Mean Green basketball pep rally's and vulgar rap songs
  • Trip to The Drum
  • Pink Funk vs. Bukkake
  • (man does that last one look gross)
  • Billy Tubbs threating to make the Piston/Pacer fight look like nothing compared to what he would do if we kept heckling.

...and really anything else that I may've forgotten. Glad to see the Pit Crew is growing in numbers...but never forget where you came from kids.

Unfortunately, I have a cruel professor who scheduled a major test on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving break.

Heartless bastard.

Really... got to agree with that one... (#1, many students/profs need to hit the highway for Thanksgiving.. they puts them driving late at night). We (MC) shut down classes at 5:00 PM on Wednesday (no evening classes) and I suspect most of our Wednesday PM classes which are mostly labs will be doing very little, in fact our math labs shut down at 12:00. We never have classes after 5:00 before a holiday break.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

how does yelling Bulls*** get you a technical foul? The fans pay for entertainment... they do that at all major programs. this isnt your little brother's pee wee league

Keep on doing what you guys are doing. It's great.

Way back when I was a freshman (1975)......we came from 20+ down at the half, to beat Baylor, in a game at Baylor. After the game, as about 500 or so Mean Green fans were walking around the concourse of their Colesium, Bill Bolden lead all of us in a chant. (Bill was a Residence Hall Director at Kerr Hall). The chant was:

"Who Say....Who Say.....Who Say the Mean Green Ain't A Bad MF Now?" (it was repeated numerous times; and we didn't say MF....we said the actual words)

And no, I'm not bringing this up....to bring that yell back. (since that's pretty coarse language).

Just saying that it was pretty cool doing it that once. Especially at Baylor. We taught some blue hairs a new two word combo...I think.

That has to be the coolest compliment to what y'all did in the history of compliments. I guess us new guys should strive to top that one!

Tubbs was by far one of the coolest guys we met that season. He ripped us back just as hard as we lit into him. Mr Strange yelling "we found your wife" and holding Tiki up...(a skeleton statue)...was pretty much the funniest thing that night and he even applauded it.

Tubbs was by far one of the coolest guys we met that season. He ripped us back just as hard as we lit into him. Mr Strange yelling "we found your wife" and holding Tiki up...(a skeleton statue)...was pretty much the funniest thing that night and he even applauded it.

I grew up watching Billy Ball at TCU so I already had a good deal of respect for him...that night put it over the top...he's a class act and our back and forth that night may've been the highlight of my Pit Crew career.

Also forgot one from my earlier list: The find Collin Mangrum's cousin in the crowd game.