Huge Win!

filmerj

Some people just can't let anyone be happy, a win a gainst a big 12 team IS BIG and they had one fish starting, we had two....I agree the shoulder carrying was a bit much..but I was glad to see the crowd there, my guess it was the students.It sounded great on TV. Way to show up guys. Way to Go GREEN, this is one I will remember. Keep it up.

Edited by filmerj

The celebration after the game was fine. I am not sure I agree with we should have expected to win because OSU is young? We have 2 freshmen starting at the guard positions - so I would say we are pretty young too. Let's make sure the celebration is held up by taking care of business by beating Indiana St this Saturday.

OSU had a nice showing. We need to travel well too when we play UTA later in the season.

It was a great crowd and I sense if we starting winning, The Pit will be packed with students and alum. The UNT community (Denton, students and alum) is so hungry for a team to through all of their support behind. I know it is early, but I am really excited about this team.

Edited by scotty474

OSU had a nice showing. We need to travel well too when we play UTA later in the season.

I'm looking forward to this game. Road games are always a blast. I'll actually be in town for Thanksgiving for family. I'd love to see us make it "The Pit - South" if we get a large, rowdy contingent for the game. If we win again Saturday, I hope people make it a point to come to the UTA game to cheer on the Mean Green.

That was amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we don't have > than 3,000 show up Saturday. That would be a bummer.

I hope we have more then that personally. Coming off a great win and it being a weekend game, I'd love to see > 4,000.

Let me tell you, for years I've sat in the Pit and felt like I was eating my broccoli -- doing my duty by being among the (relatively) few to show up.

Tonight, by contrast, was chocolate cheesecake with strawberries.

I especially liked it when, instead of hearing Tim Crouch remind people to please stay off the playing surface after the game, I saw RV pick up on the first wave of trespassers and start waving the others down.

Yeah, you don't want to overdo it, and eventually you want to develop that takin' care of business attitude. But really, people,

GOOD LORD, THAT WAS FUN!

Let me tell you, for years I've sat in the Pit and felt like I was eating my broccoli -- doing my duty by being among the (relatively) few to show up.

Tonight, by contrast, was chocolate cheesecake with strawberries.

I especially liked it when, instead of hearing Tim Crouch remind people to please stay off the playing surface after the game, I saw RV pick up on the first wave of trespassers and start waving the others down.

Yeah, you don't want to overdo it, and eventually you want to develop that takin' care of business attitude. But really, people,

GOOD LORD, THAT WAS FUN!

DId RV really do that because I was right there by him and then was one of the first on the court, I thought he was going to tell us no, not that they could stop us.

From Yahoo Sports

Headline reads....

North Texas upsets Oklahoma St. 82-73November 14, 2007

DENTON, Texas (AP) -- Keith Wooden and Josh White scored 25 points apiece to lead North Texas to an 82-73 victory over Oklahoma State Wednesday night.

The Mean Green (2-0) used runs of 17 and 10 points to pull away twice from Oklahoma State (1-1). It was North Texas' first win in three tries in the all-time series against the Cowboys.

ADVERTISEMENT

The second run featured Wooden.

Oklahoma State had scored 11 consecutive points to pull within a point at 51-50, but Wooden put in the next six points to put North Texas ahead 57-50. After that, the Cowboys didn't come within four points of the lead.

With Wooden scoring 14 points and freshman White adding 11, the Mean Green led 44-35 at halftime.

Oklahoma State led just twice, the second time at 16-15. From that point, White and reserve forward Harold Stewart each scored five points during the 17-0 surge to a 32-16 lead 8:42 before halftime.

Marcus Dove kept the Cowboys in the game early, scoring their first eight points and a total of 14 in the first half. He finished as their high scorer with 23. Freshman James Anderson, who scored 29 in the season-opening victory over Prairie View A&M, added 16 against North Texas.

Wooden and Stewart had eight rebounds each to lead North Texas.

The Mean Green shot 50 percent from the floor (30-for-60) with Wooden making 12-of-14 shots (86 percent) and White 8-of-13 (62 percent), including 3-of-4 3-pointers. White also made all six of his free throws, all in the last minute.

Updated on Wednesday, Nov 14, 2007 11:22 pm, EST

DId RV really do that because I was right there by him and then was one of the first on the court, I thought he was going to tell us no, not that they could stop us.

I liked when RV celebrated with the students and was almost on the court with the game winding down, then they hit a three and he got real defeated and backed off, realizing it wasn't over and to ease the celebration dance.

You have to pace the sexiness. Let it flow through you and DON'T force it.

From a distance, it looked like he realized it was happening no matter what, and then the sales and promotion side of his brain switched on and he realized, hey, this is going to be a poster photo.