Today's Crowd----26.012

SUMG

The team has to start winning before the students will start coming to the games and staying for the games.

Why?

That's the way it has always been.

WHY??

This was a Saturday afternoon game with lots of motivating factors to come out and watch the game. I'm extremely disappointed in my fellow students for failing to show up for a great game.

Why?

WHY??

This was a Saturday afternoon game with lots of motivating factors to come out and watch the game. I'm extremely disappointed in my fellow students for failing to show up for a great game.

If UNT had its ticket booths and counters at the fence betwen Fouts Field & the Super Pit you could have added about 3,000 more fans (students) to the 26,000.

As (somewhat) a nostalgic move, I moved to the student side for the balance of game, but I did take a peak over in the tail-gate area and (believe me) it was extremely crowded.

UNT officials, can't we just shut it down after the 1'st quarter (or earlier) for crissakes?

Ive sat on the alumni side this whole year

I will say the alumni side was more full this game, also due to a lot of Navy Fans.

However I will say what students show up to the game, they out cheer the alumni side easy.

A LOT OF NAVY FANS!!! At first I thought it was just in the visiting section and the north endzon, but when I moved to the hospitality deck I notices they probably had close to 1000 on the alumni side.

Yup, I'm calling out the students on a PATHETIC turnout. It looked like more in the visitors' section than the student section.

The student section has been fantastic the last 3 years when the team has been bad. I thought the student section was fine today considering the way this team has played this year. For those of you that don't know or don't remember, there used to hardly BE a student section as little as 5 years ago and when there was one it was not near as loud as it is now. As soon as this team starts winning consistently you will see more fans everywhere.

Our attendance has been OUTSTANDING on both sides considering this is one of the WORST seasons in UNT football history!

Edited by Talon90

Haven't been in for a game since the Tulsa game 2 years ago, but yeah, it used to be pathetic. Like if we had 500 students using their free tickets it was a good turnout.

As I pointed out to Allen, I've only witnessed 3 home losses since 97. He jokingly said I should get free tickets for life if we could have that kind of home record over 8 years if I always came. Guess I'm just lucky! (Losses: UNLV, FAU, Tulsa...sorry, haven't made every game!)

A winning team won't even get the students in the stands. I was usually sit on the students side becuase they do cheer , unlike the alumni side where they sit on their hands, but we got the hook up tonight and got reserved seats. I am a graduate of the 03 class so I am not too far removed , but I have suffered through the big west days and the start of belt play when turnouts were worse, but i was really dissapointed when i looked over there and see more navy fans than our own students. Then no one shows up to the banner raising at the basketball game, I just don't get it.... It was free!!!! Our winning B ball team can't get people there.. It's Sad. I love my Alma Matter and I will suffer through the losses becuase that's what real fans do...but man I can't wait till we can get more wins...

Before you guys start bagging on the student turnout, everyone on the alumni side should have been wearing a green shirt and cheering for UNT. But that didn't happen now did it? I saw plenty of empty seats and seats filled by blue wearing Navy fans over on the alumni side today! I agree that every student who was sitting out there tailgating should have been plastered to a seat in the stadium come kickoff time, but I think the alumni could have done a better job of turning out for the 3rd largest game in UNT history as well. Believe me when I say that the students I sit with bleed green just like you die hard alumni and it saddens us that some students would rather hang out in the parking lot and tailgate instead of cheer on our football team, but the student side isn't the only side that could use a boost in attendance and spirit!

Before you guys start bagging on the student turnout, everyone on the alumni side should have been wearing a green shirt and cheering for UNT. But that didn't happen now did it? I saw plenty of empty seats and seats filled by blue wearing Navy fans over on the alumni side today! I agree that every student who was sitting out there tailgating should have been plastered to a seat in the stadium come kickoff time, but I think the alumni could have done a better job of turning out for the 3rd largest game in UNT history as well. Believe me when I say that the students I sit with bleed green just like you die hard alumni and it saddens us that some students would rather hang out in the parking lot and tailgate instead of cheer on our football team, but the student side isn't the only side that could use a boost in attendance and spirit!

ONLY...........AT NORTH TEXAS

I sat in upper Section E last night in the first half & didn't see one Navy fan in that area, yet whose to say some of our alums didn't bring Navy fans (friends/neighbors?) to use some of their extra tickets? It was good to see what SWC schools from the past had almost every one of their games--a nice visiting fan's contingency. BTW, what did Rice vs SMU really draw yesterday?

AND.................why the hell are we complaining here? Hellsbells! We had 26,000 plus fans at a November football game at Fouts Field and FWIW--thats never been done (not even close) in our entire history. And we were all watching a team that is going to get better with time. Mind you, it won't be the instantaneous "one hit wonder" time some are demanding out there, but in due time. One hit wonders? Aren't we sorta' finding out now that non-Top 25, but rather Bottom 25 SBC championship football teams might fit that description? Troy U is now showing us all at UNT how we should have been doing this all the time, now aren't they? You know, new stadium with luxury suites, Top 25 wins, speed merchant football teams, etc, etc, etc,?

The last coaching regime hit .500+ in Year 5 and IMHO, he inherited better players for the league he would be in with the teams he coached than what Dodge has for the improved league that the SBC has now become. So here before Coach Dodge's Year 1 is even complete, can we just show a little patience here and cut him the same slack we all seemed to cut Dickey while he was struggling like hell in Mean Green Country to get his first winning season? BTW, Utah State is still winless and offense-less, too, for those who will be voting their "offensive" coordinator into our UNT Athletic Hall of Fame in the future) and don't get me started on that damn practice facility naming, you know, named for the one who produced for us all black-jerseys-gate while at the same time symbolically dropping his drawers to moon our whole UNT constituency? :angry: (And to quote what many of you have said numerous times in the past: "ONLY AT NORTH TEXAS..."

I also bet that Todd Dodge will solve our defensive problems much quicker than it took Darrell Dickey to have his first winning season in Denton. Any takes on that bet or just more shoot from the hip free advice or criticism from local experts who really know their upper profile NCAA football since about 80% of you have never seen such in Denton, Texas, America.

Truly............................trust Todd Dodge because he is the right man at the right moment in Denton and many feel that way. He has had to put up with discipline problems that seemed to be swept under the rug in past years. Todd Dodge is not going to sweep any such things as that under the rug (as he spends time doing damage control from the loose disciplined leadership of almost a decade in Denton.

AND..............Can you imagine what attendance would have been last night with some boring as hell football; you know, the style of football that many times had fans leaving at half time cussing under their breaths that they'd never come back?

We have officials at UNT making good decisions now as far as athletics is concerned, but lets let their decisions have time to come to full fruition; you know, like more than 1 football season?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

ONLY...........AT NORTH TEXAS

I sat in upper Section E last night in the first half & didn't see one Navy fan, yet whose to say some of our alums didn't bring Navy fans (friends/neighbors?) to use some of their extra tickets?

AND.................why the hell are we complaining here? Hellsbells! We had 26,000 plus fans at a November football game at Fouts Field and FWIW--thats never been done (not even close) in our entire history. And we were all watching a team that is going to get better with time. Mind you, it won't be the instantaneous "one hit wonder" time some are demanding out there, but in due time. One hit wonders? Aren't we sorta' finding out now that non-Top 25, but rather Bottom 25 SBC championship football teams might fit that description? Troy U is now showing us all at UNT how we should have been doing this all the time, now aren't they? You know, new stadium with luxury suites, Top 25 wins, speed merchant football teams, etc, etc, etc,?

The last coaching regime hit .500+ in Year 5 and IMHO, he inherited better players for the league he would be in with the teams he coached than what Dodge has for the improved league that the SBC has now become. So here before Coach Dodge's Year 1 is even complete, can we just show a little patience here and cut him the same slack we all seemed to cut Dickey while he was struggling like hell in Mean Green Country to get his first winning season? BTW, Utah State is still winless and offense-less, too, for those who will be voting their "offensive" coordinator into our UNT Athletic Hall of Fame in the future) and don't get me started on that damn practice facility naming, you know, named for the one who produced for us all black-jerseys-gate while at the same time symbolically dropping his drawers to moon our whole UNT constituency? :angry: (And to quote what many of you have said numerous times in the past: "ONLY AT NORTH TEXAS..."

I also bet that Todd Dodge will solve our defensive problems much quicker than it took Darrell Dickey to have his first winning season in Denton. Any takes on that bet or just more shoot from the hip free advice or criticism from local experts who really know their upper profile NCAA football since about 80% of you have never seen such in Denton, Texas, America.

Truly............................trust Todd Dodge because he is the right man at the right moment in Denton and many feel that way. He has had to put up with discipline problems that seemed to be swept under the rug in past years. Todd Dodge is not going to sweep any such things as that under the rug (as he spends time doing damage control from the loose disciplined leadership of almost a decade in Denton.

AND..............Can you imagine what attendance would have been last night with some boring as hell football; you know, the style of football that many times had fans leaving at half time cussing under their breaths that they'd never come back?

We have officials at UNT making good decisions now as far as athletics is concerned, but lets let their decisions have time to come to full fruition; you know, like more than 1 football season?

Wow! What a night! Good things are indeed happening at UNT. For those of you who couldn't make it this week, try to catch the next home game!

Not only did lots of MG fans bring their Navy friends and relatives for a great time, but I saw quite a number of "mixed loyalty" fans, including one I know who's both a UNT alum and a retired officer in the Naval Reserves. He was wearing his Navy shirt and his UNT hat. Nothing wrong with that. The world is a big tent.

Edited by Green to the Bone

Not only did lots of MG fans bring their Navy friends and relatives for a great time, but I saw quite a number of "mixed loyalty" fans, including one I know who's both a UNT alum and a retired officer in the Naval Reserves. He was wearing his Navy shirt and his UNT hat. Nothing wrong with that. The world is a big tent.

I saw one woman who had a shirt where the left (I think) half was NT and the right half was Navy, and it was stitched together right up the middle. Pretty cool.

Yep, even Gretchen Bataille could be seen wearing a Navy hat during the game...