Coach Lacroix

greenjacket

He meant the fans - many of whom seem to not have bigger and better things in store for them.

I believe he meant the players and coaches if you read it in the context of the sentence is about the players and coaches. I'm sure probably an exaggeration, but still not an appropriate thing to imply. Hopefully the players and coaches (well, most anyway) realize this messageboard is what it is, just an open forum for opinions and some not so thought out opinions, but that's all; not a pass/fail course.

"It is hard enough for the players and coaches to get through a season like this; then add some of the posts from this board and I am surprised that no one hasnt committed suicide this year."

I believe he meant the players and coaches if you read it in the context of the sentence is about the players and coaches. I'm sure probably an exaggeration, but still not an appropriate thing to imply. Hopefully the players and coaches (well, most anyway) realize this messageboard is what it is, just an open forum for opinions and some not so thought out opinions, but that's all; not a pass/fail course.

I believe I meant the sarcasm if you read it in the context of the sarcasm it was about the fan base always being depressed.

I believe I meant the sarcasm if you read it in the context of the sarcasm it was about the fan base always being depressed.

Depressed? Us? Only after losses to SMUt, 1-AA programs, provisional 1-A programs, or not meeting point spreads! :rolleyes: You usually have to have a thick skin as a UNT fan around the water cooler. Actually, I was very impressed with the 19,000 that showed up for the ULM game and to show support for Dodge and Co. after the 0-5 start. I thought there would be more bail out; in 2000 it would have been a crowd of only about 8,000.

Depressed? Us? Only after losses to SMUt, 1-AA programs, provisional 1-A programs, or not meeting point spreads! :rolleyes: You usually have to have a thick skin as a UNT fan around the water cooler. Actually, I was very impressed with the 19,000 that showed up for the ULM game and to show support for Dodge and Co. after the 0-5 start. I thought there would be more bail out; in 2000 it would have been a crowd of only about 8,000.

Oh don't get me wrong - I didn't mean you and the ones who have been around forever. I meant the cross-section of posters who did not make room in there brain that a team would struggle mightily and/or a coaching staff could have an embarrassing learning curve their first year together at a new school that had just hit a bottom point.

Oh don't get me wrong - I didn't mean you and the ones who have been around forever. I meant the cross-section of posters who did not make room in there brain that a team would struggle mightily and/or a coaching staff could have an embarrassing learning curve their first year together at a new school that had just hit a bottom point.

We understand quite well those of us you are referring to. We are not mad at you. Nevertheless, is it a crime to make suggestions that can help our team? Is it a crime to expect our team to excel? Is it a crime to ask our team to use all its resources? We have a capable defensive coach in house, why are we not using more of him?

In Todd we trust!!

We understand quite well those of us you are referring to. We are not mad at you. Nevertheless, is it a crime to make suggestions that can help our team? Is it a crime to expect our team to excel? Is it a crime to ask our team to use all its resources? We have a capable defensive coach in house, why are we not using more of him?

So you don't think he is contributing as much as the other position coaches? Most of their contribution comes at practice time and working with the players one-on-one. I think you are reading way too much into this.

In Todd we trust!!

I have a blog that called out some of the coaching inefficiencies before it was cool and think everyone has a right to an opinion. If our defense played up to their performance last year, we'd probably be 4-2. However, since it has improved steadily the last few weeks (although not as quickly as we would all like), why jump to crucify everyone?

And as a note, TY will still be tracking the performance vs. Utah State just for fun and what not and enabling the haters, but anyone who expected more than 5 wins this year is a beautiful optimist. I don't like 1-5 and think that there are many flawed arguments on this board to defend it (including some I have made to rabble-rouse), but... wait, I just had a genius idea.

Maybe the team was point shaving last weekend and those last two touchdowns bought Jamario a new car.

Repeat this crap 3 times and it just might become truth.

Nevertheless, is it a crime to make suggestions that can help our team? Is it a crime to expect our team to excel? Is it a crime to ask our team to use all its resources? We have a capable defensive coach in house, why are we not using more of him?

In Todd we trust!!

I have seen precious few suggestions on this board that could help any team. This is a place for fans to gather and learn and share and vent, and for Quoner to try out stand-up material and start unfounded rumors. God help us if the day comes when Todd Dodge looks at this site and says, "Hey, what a great idea! I'll use that in the next game."

You're criticizing how an assistant coach is being used, but at the bottom of your posts is "In Todd we trust!!" Okay - then trust the man! Let him decide how to best use his coaches, how to best develop players, and how to best build the program.

I have seen precious few suggestions on this board that could help any team. This is a place for fans to gather and learn and share and vent, and for Quoner to try out stand-up material and start unfounded rumors. God help us if the day comes when Todd Dodge looks at this site and says, "Hey, what a great idea! I'll use that in the next game."

You're criticizing how an assistant coach is being used, but at the bottom of your posts is "In Todd we trust!!" Okay - then trust the man! Let him decide how to best use his coaches, how to best develop players, and how to best build the program.

What makes you think TD does not visit this site? His assistants do. Nevertheless, the board is very entertaining and he can get easily amused by the enteries. So Peace and in Todd we trust!!!

I am surprised that no one hasnt committed suicide this year.

I tried to a few times a couple of years ago, but it wasn't because of the football team's performance, so does that mean that I don't count?

I tried to a few times a couple of years ago, but it wasn't because of the football team's performance, so does that mean that I don't count?

It's good to keep some perspective. At one point as an undergrad at then NTSU, I was foolishly attempting a music major. Fortunately, my piano teacher pointed out to me, "Dwayne, you're just not getting it, but our best students can only get jobs playing in lounges in Las Vegas. And then, some who don't make it will jump from the 6th floor of Kerr Hall." Years later, I'm ok with being a geographer, and do enjoy singing in the church choir.

It's good to keep some perspective. At one point as an undergrad at then NTSU, I was foolishly attempting a music major. Fortunately, my piano teacher pointed out to me, "Dwayne, you're just not getting it, but our best students can only get jobs playing in lounges in Las Vegas. And then, some who don't make it will jump from the 6th floor of Kerr Hall." Years later, I'm ok with being a geographer, and do enjoy singing in the church choir.

I foolishly completed a music degree (almost done with the second). Now I'm foolishly looking to continue my career with some of the best foolish musicians I've ever heard, while at the same time making money with my day job. Damn I'm stupid. What was I thinking? Good thing I don't have to settle for a chancel choir. :)