Who Predicted Less Than 10,000 In Attendance?

OldTimer

This is a good step forward. I hope that people see that the turn around will just take time and we need to have faith that TD has and will continue to make good decisions. I hope that this willstop all the fire the DC stuff going on, but I know some of you will never be happy and it will continue.

thought some of your were better, but whatever. Nobody should be happy giving up 50 pts a game and nearly 600 yds of offense a game. On another note Mendoza and the players had a fire lit under them and played great tonight!!!

i doubt anybody WAS happy with it, BUT some people are reasonable about things.

i mean, AGAIN, i don't see anybody calling for the OC's head despite some serious problems with the offense.

Very impressed with the crowd for an 0-5 team playing a Sun Belt school. Also nice to see some of the cheers FINALLY catching on.

Great game and a much needed win!

GMG!!!!

Watching the game on ESPN GamePlan, the stadium sure sounded like it was rocking tonight. The game at Lafayette last week sounded like a tomb.

Yeh, good defense will cause that.

I’m cautiously optimistic about the defense.

Overall – they played 100% better than what we’ve seen earlier in the year. The rush defense, the interceptions/sacs were all terrific.

However, the late collapse was a little scary. That could have been disastrous had our lead not been as big. Also, we seemed to get lucky on several plays as their receivers dropped several passes when they were wide open.

Hopefully our defense can build on this game.

i doubt anybody WAS happy with it, BUT some people are reasonable about things.

i mean, AGAIN, i don't see anybody calling for the OC's head despite some serious problems with the offense.

The offense hasn't been horrible for 5 games in a row either....

The Defense took a huge step forward today in gaining confidence. HUGE. If they keep it up, they might play like that for 4 full quarters one of these days and have a good game.

Being reasonable: ULM isn't a great passing offense, and we saw why... They are a rushing offense, and when we can play to stopping a run and force the other team to be one dimensional, then we can pick some passes.

Also being reasonable: our D LINE gets game balls. Pressure all night. Miller and Stevensen played great. Forced some bad decisions. That is good news.

Mendoza still has a long way to go to impress me. Our defense was awful with 2 minutes left in the game. Play to the whistle boys.

Great win tonight and a totally dominating performance by our DL among others. I won't be complaining about our defense again anytime soon after that kind of game to game improvement. Since I generally like to complain about something, I really want to see us find a way to get Jamario more touches. His first quarter run showed me the Jamario acceleration of old, and I really don't like seeing Vizza get banged up so much this early in his career. Other than that, a great all around evening for the Mean Green! Great crowd also!!

This was a great win for the team tonight. The defense played very well. Now we just need to get them to play that way all the time. Mendoza deserves the credit for getting them to play well. I have been very disappointed with the way the Defense has played all season and atleast for tonight i am willing to give the man his due. so here it is MENDOZA your defense played very well.

What happened to the pass blocking we had early in the season. It looks liek the O line forgot that they had to protect a QB. I hope we dont get our QB of the future killed before the future gets here.

great win tonight fellas lets keep the dream alive.

GMG

I was very surprised by the crowd that came to see an 0-5 team play. I was thinking we might lose about 5,000 fans from the opener. I think this basically shows that a lot of the fans are in it for the long haul this time.

It was a great night for families. The new bathrooms, Boomer sounded great, the fireworks and a nice victory to go along with everything. For the first time, my 10 year old son had a blast from start to finish. The two times I took him last season, he was begging to go home by halftime.

With the Navy game still on tap, this team should have no problem averaging over 20K this year, unless we get a really bad weather game.

Congrats to the entire University for putting on a great show tonight.

Got back from the game a little while ago... I thought the student section was pretty rowdy, though I saw more people sitting than I would like... I am re-watching the game on ESPN360 and we actually sound pretty good on TV... I didn't realize just how rowdy we got during the game... Great win all around!!!! We really needed this in so many ways.....

What a great night for the University, Dodge, and the fans of North Texas. I have my season tickets and we hung around to the very end. I enjoy the tailgating scene and the whole build up to kickoff. Seeing Mean Joe walk ther the stadium was really cool and sitting out on the field watching the fireworks with my kids was just the icing on the cake for me.

It was an awsome game. Sure they had their hiccups on offense and defense but you can really tell the program is coming together. The fans are getting more into the game and we are starting to show some consistency with our attendance.

Let's keep it up.

The offense hasn't been horrible for 5 games in a row either....

actually, it has. it puts up yards, but not enough points. tonight was a perfect example. they had one good drive all game and it came towards the end. there have been COUNTLESS opportunities from within the opponents' 30-yd line where we move backwards, and we have had a real problem with turnovers.

the only thing the offense has done exceptionally well is pass between the 20s. it's the passing equivalent of DD ball. "Look at all the rush yards" has simply become "Look at all the passing yards."

it's just as one-dimensional, and ULM was able to take advantage of that for most of the game. by the time we mounted a drive, we would've already been behind had our D not stepped up like they did in this game.

i guess the thing is that i'm not really that worried about it. i think it will come together, but the people who harp on the defense are (not) surprisingly silent about the O.

Edited by Monkeypox

actually, it has. it puts up yards, but not enough points. tonight was a perfect example. they had one good drive all game and it came towards the end. there have been COUNTLESS opportunities from within the opponents' 30-yd line where we move backwards, and we have had a real problem with turnovers.

the only thing the offense has done exceptionally well is pass between the 20s. it's the passing equivalent of DD ball. "Look at all the rush yards" has simply become "Look at all the passing yards."

it's just as one-dimensional, and ULM was able to take advantage of that for most of the game. by the time we mounted a drive, we would've already been behind had our D not stepped up like they did in this game.

i guess the thing is that i'm not really that worried about it. i think it will come together, but the people who harp on the defense are (not) surprisingly silent about the O.

I get your point, I really do.

Now understand what offense we have watched for the past 7 years... and what defense we have watched for 7 years...

Everyone expected the O to have some growing pains. Defense, not so much. I have a lot less patience for the defense than the offense. Tonight was a horrible offensive performance, and we still won because our defense played well. This is why everyone has been complaining for so long.

Tonight is proof that you win with defense.

Defense played well and it was a great win. However, for all the people coming out of the woodwork from the "Build Mendoza a Statue" camp, Lancaster was absolutely horrendous. He missed many wide open receivers and threw many balls in bad spots. He was pulled for a reason. Now that I got my defensive shot in for the night :lol: .

Anyway, a wins a win and I'm very excited about what I saw tonight. Vizza looked good, IMO.

Edited by Got5onIt

Defense played well and it was a great win. However, for all the people coming out of the woodwork from the "Build Mendoza a Statue" camp, Lancaster was absolutely horrendous. He missed many wide open receivers and threw many balls in bad spots. He was pulled for a reason. Now that I got my defensive shot in for the night :lol: .

Anyway, a wins a win and I'm very excited about what I saw tonight. Vizza looked good, IMO.

He was pulled for what looked like a blown knee, or hammy.

Edited by KingDL1

Lancaster got pulled way later than he should have been, and it wasn't for bad play. I swear he broke his left ankle in the 1st quarter, and their coaching staff let him continue to get beat up and take hit after hit when he was clearly in some pain.