How Much Of An Advantage Will Have Vs. Smu ?

NT03

SMU plays TT in Dallas @ 3pm on Labor Day Sept. 3rd just 5 days prior on taking on the Mean Green. TD & Co. will have 2 extra days of rest and prepare for the Stangs. How much of an advantage is this and how much will the Phonies use this after we beat them again ?

Anyone going to go to the game to scout , watch ? I wouldn't mind tailgating with my Green shirt on and watching some College Football. I can't really pull for anyone , it's like picking the lesser of 2 evils, but still I LOVE the College football season.

SMU plays TT in Dallas @ 3pm on Labor Day Sept. 3rd just 5 days prior on taking on the Mean Green. TD & Co. will have 2 extra days of rest and prepare for the Stangs. How much of an advantage is this and how much will the Phonies use this after we beat them again ?

Anyone going to go to the game to scout , watch ? I wouldn't mind tailgating with my Green shirt on and watching some College Football. I can't really pull for anyone , it's like picking the lesser of 2 evils, but still I LOVE the College football season.

I will be there.

The heat of a 3pm kickoff and two less days rest might take a toll...but if we beat them it will be due to our beating their butts and not the lack of rest.

it will work both ways. The short week may help us. On the other hand, the Ponies will have had two weeks (at least) practicing to face a spread offense and one actual game (TT) against it. That should help them when they face us. Ideally, they would have faced a team like TT, but one that ran a DD type offense.

On the other hand, the Ponies will have had two weeks (at least) practicing to face a spread offense and one actual game (TT) against it.

The game plan for TT and NT will be completely different, just based on line splits alone. They may use some of the same coverages against multiple receiver sets, however TT uses a whole lot of formations that we won't.

More than the physical aspects of a short week, coaches hate the shortened preparation time. They have less time to put in their game plan and practice it.

What could be difficult for North Texas opponents next year is getting ready for a coach they've never faced and a system they haven't seen UNT run.

if i can get tickets then i will be there

--Don't be surprised if Tech fans show up in mass. It is a long way to Lubbock and they don't play in the Dallas area very much plus there are a lot of alums in the metroplex.. They play an interesting game -style which a lot of alums would like to see. It could pretty close to being full. Ford is a rather small stadium.....about HS size.... I expect several SMU freshman will go... they have not yet learned it is "not cool" to watch SMU football.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Ford is a rather small stadium.....about HS size.... I expect several SMU freshman will go... they have not yet learned it is "not cool" to watch SMU football.

:D:D And the hook has been baited...now all we have to do is just sit back and wait for one to bite!!!

Edited by gangrene

Anyone ever consider that Tech has the superior football team based on talent & experience at most positions when compared to NT? Combine that with the revenge factor & SMU has a decent advantage, IMO.

I don't get it. How does Tech's superior talent give SMU an advantage against us? Because they'll see a similar offense run by superior athletes? First, they won't be able to stop it so it's not like they'll gain experience defending it succesfully at a higher speed. Second, Leach and Dodge don't run identical offenses so if anything all they'll learn is how to chase receivers around...and I'll take that all day every day. :lol:

I don't get it. How does Tech's superior talent give SMU an advantage against us? Because they'll see a similar offense run by superior athletes? First, they won't be able to stop it so it's not like they'll gain experience defending it succesfully at a higher speed. Second, Leach and Dodge don't run identical offenses so if anything all they'll learn is how to chase receivers around...and I'll take that all day every day. :lol:

TT has no running game, so you're right. They play us the same way and chase our receivers and Dodge runs the ball till their crazy.

It's the same mentality we seem to love to follow here. We seem to think if we get out of OU/UT without injuries, we'll be "up" for a game against said SBC school???

:lol: