Did Rv Ever Make His Big Spring Announcement?

UNTLifer

RV is not a man of his word?

It does sound like the much-anticipated Spring announcement has fallen by the wayside. I am sure when RV mentioned that there might be a big announcement, he was sure it would come to pass--kinda like Broyles thought for sure he would get Billy Gillespie when he canned Stan Heath. Maybe it will end up being next Spring's big announcement.

I think he said it in his post on the board around the time he was looking for a new head coach/hiring TD, but I may be incorrect.

No. What he said at the beginning of the season in '06 in addressing the stadium was that NT had to address all the other facilities concerns first before the stadium project could go forward. They have done that now and have since started addressing the stadium issue by hiring a fundraising firm. There has also been a survey sent out that most of us filled out and sent back on the issue. In one of his messages to us RV stated that just because there isn't any information coming from the project doesn't mean it's not on going. The fact is the university has already started the project in motion by spendng quite a bit of money and time towards the project including obtaining the latest donation last Fall(after DD was released) that was to proportionately go towards helping to find financing towards the project. Just because there was no "announcement" this spring, which was speculation on the board only, means nothing because the committment with the project is already underway. Gotta give RV time. He's done an incredble job addressing issues with facilities at a pace that to me is simply amazing considering our budget and donation levels. Gotta be patient.

Rick

unfortunately it sounds like the Spring Annoucnement has gone the way of the Quarterly Meetings.

It would be nice to actually have those quarterly meetings. Also, I wish there were some sort of Mean Green Club events other than the "meetings" at the deck or Mean Green room. <_<

It does sound like the much-anticipated Spring announcement has fallen by the wayside. I am sure when RV mentioned that there might be a big announcement, he was sure it would come to pass--kinda like Broyles thought for sure he would get Billy Gillespie when he canned Stan Heath. Maybe it will end up being next Spring's big announcement.

http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/...erSolstice.html

I really wasn't trying to start an arguement here, just wondering if the announcement was ever made. FFR, I too seem to recall RV mentioning in a post on here something about an exciting announcement this spring.

I really wasn't trying to start an arguement here, just wondering if the announcement was ever made. FFR, I too seem to recall RV mentioning in a post on here something about an exciting announcement this spring.

Two years ago, in '05, he told us to look for "Good News" soon in regards to the baseball stadium and that the owners of the Denton Outlaws, although not directly relied upon for the stadium, would be part of the project. Since that time, the softball stadium was upgraded and completed. I must say it's a fairly nice place to watch a softball game.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

He did, but I'm not sure it was on this board, perhaps in a newspaper- or maybe he just told me, I don't remember. But it wasn't 2 years ago- it was this past fall/winter.

Edited by Eagle1855