Stan Heath Out As Razorback Coach

From what they are talking about on ESPN radio, it sounds like only 1 person has reported this rumor. In that sense, it's far from a done deal. It would be, at best, a lateral move for Gillespie. He can basically do not wrong at TAMU right now, and he seems pretty smart and I doubt he would leave that ideal situation.

If he were a football coach, I agree that it would be a lateral move at best. But Arkansas is a basketball school. At this point I would be surprised if Gillispie is NOT announced as Arkansas' new coach within the next few days.

If he were a football coach, I agree that it would be a lateral move at best. But Arkansas is a basketball school. At this point I would be surprised if Gillispie is NOT announced as Arkansas' new coach within the next few days.

Arkansas is a basketball school? :blink: Why was it after every football game I heard plenty of whining and nashing of teeth about how Houston Nutt doesn't know how to coach a top 5 football team with all the raw talent there is on offense? I rarely heard a fraction of the complaining from fans during basketball season as I did football season. The local media is always wailing on U of A though. Gotta keep things interesting by keeping the fans in angst about the current sport.

Next thing you'll tell me tomorrow is Arkansas is a baseball school since the diamond hogs are in the top 10 right now. However, I'm sure there will be some "woah-is-me" piece in the media about how the diamond hogs have fallen several places in the top 25 recently, and somehow relate it to the one player who was dismissed from the team that later got busted for DUI (or whatever alcohol offense he got tagged with) and link it to poor discipline on the team.

All the talk of Billy Gillespie leaving the Aggies are starting to whip me. The only school he will go to if he leaves will be Kentucky. That job is open and UK are only going to go with a huge top dog candidate which Gillespie is one of them. If he doesnt to to UK I seriously dont see BG leaving A&M....in fact I would not be surprised if they gave him a new fat contract.

All the talk of Billy Gillespie leaving the Aggies are starting to whip me. The only school he will go to if he leaves will be Kentucky. That job is open and UK are only going to go with a huge top dog candidate which Gillespie is one of them. If he doesnt to to UK I seriously dont see BG leaving A&M....in fact I would not be surprised if they gave him a new fat contract.

you mean, PHAT ? ;)

I guess I am the lone voice here saying this--Billy Gillispie IS going to the Razorbacks. Arkansas would have been crazy to fire a reasonably successful and classy coach if they did not know they had somebody better waiting in the wings.

Well, Fox Sports has added a new quote from BG: "He said that everything out there was false, that if he ever left he'd let us all know first, and not to pay any attention to it," said Texas A&M signee B.J. Holmes. "The first time I spoke to him about it was when there was speculation he was going to Kentucky, and I just talked to him again not even 10 minutes ago."

Looks like it's official: A&M has sweetened the pot to keep BG there. Houston Chronicle story He's apparently not going anywhere.

It was reported by one station here in NW Arkansas that Billy Gillispie was a "sure thing" and that U of A wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Heath if it wasn't. I'd love to see U of A eat some humble pie if they can't land the coach everyone is speculating they'll get.

Whelp, turns out the Arkansas media and fans are just delusional, crazy f'ers. Next thing they'll know they'll think you can have a title worthy football team without a decent quarterback and never get exposed in a 13 game season by superior coaches like Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll. Oh wait...did that happen?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2817721

• Downvote 1