Stadium By 2009?

MCMLXXX

I played Golf at Tour 18 today and one of the employees noted my NT cap. He said they had some folks from NT play earlier in the day. He said that they were affiliated with the University and he asked when we would get a new staduim. He stated that one of the persons identified himself as the guy in charge of getting it built and that person said it would be ready in 2009. I asked if the guy was Rick Villareal and he said he didn't recall the guys name.

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be suprised if the people in charge of planning the stadium have been playing ALOT of golf.

You'd be surprised how much business gets conducted outside the office and on a golf course.

If you want to make it in business, you need a golf game.

As an avid golf player who plays golf with co-workers and clients, I can say I never discuss business while playing golf. Why ruin a good round of golf by talking about work? You can build relationships by playing golf with people, but the whole misconception of business deals being closed on golf courses is BS.

As an avid golf player who plays golf with co-workers and clients, I can say I never discuss business while playing golf. Why ruin a good round of golf by talking about work? You can build relationships by playing golf with people, but the whole misconception of business deals being closed on golf courses is BS.

Golf shmolf..

Nothing get's a business deal done like naked wrestling, Borat style.

:shifty::lol:

One problem with your BS argument is that we have already heard the story of Rick V. nailing down the 1.5 million dollar donation over a round of golf at Oakmont

Tom Landry would disagree. ;)

If you want to make it in business, you need a golf game.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why after 20 years with the same company, I'm still in this micro-cube. Never played a round of golf or even been to the driving range in my life. I am a big fan of the disc golf though.

Well I agree, I never discuss deals ON the range, but playing with clients and prospective clients give you an "edge" because they feel like they know you, or at the very least, know the two of you have something in common.

2009 would be AWESOME, but that would mean we'd need to break ground SOON, right? And whatever happened to the big announcement this spring? Was that the 1.5mill donation, or was there something else?

2009 would be AWESOME, but that would mean we'd need to break ground SOON, right? And whatever happened to the big announcement this spring? Was that the 1.5mill donation, or was there something else?

Technically we are only 2 days into Spring, so we have sometime still. ;)

Maybe average people dont discuss work while playing golf however from what I have seen and experienced....the rich and/or powerful people within a community or company are the ones that discuss work during golf. They dont discuss it hardcore afcourse but discussions here and there would be on going.

Most of the conversations I've heard on the golf course consist of "F**king hook!" "F**king slice!" ""F**king sandtrap!" "F**king tree!" and the ever popular "I hate this f**king game!"

I'm not sure what business they were discussing, but they sealed the deal by snapping nine irons over their knees.

US Billionaires

According to Forbes Magazine, there are 415 known billionaires in the United States. If we could get each of these people to donate a paltry $100,000 each, this year, we could have our stadium. Who's in for an email campaign?? :blushing:

Or just $2.61 from each of the 23 million Texans. Make it a Starbucks promotional tie-in:

Mean Green Grande Day!

Edited by Green to the Bone