Under Armour

Eagle-96

I thought I read a post recently that Todd Dodge's Under Armour deal will move with him to NT and that they would be making our uniforms for this season. It looks like they are already producing a new NT shirt.

From meangreensports.com

6-33-NT13L2.jpg

Edited by Eagle-96

I thought I read a post recently that Todd Dodge's Under Armour deal will move with him to NT and that they would be making our uniforms for this season. It looks like they are already producing a new NT shirt.

From meangreensports.com

6-33-NT13L2.jpg

Is that a shirt or a nighty?

Either way it looks exactly the same except the UA logo on it.

Don't let a poverty mentality miss the richest point. UA doesn't sponsor just anybody. They have the coolest uniform going right now and only the "coolest teams" get to wear them. There are players committing to UNT right now because they will get to wear UA next year. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but its part of the complete “cool” transformation package TD is bringing with him. Be cool and pay the extra money and support UA for supporting TD and UTD. That’s how the sponsorship cycle works.

Don't let a poverty mentality miss the richest point. UA doesn't sponsor just anybody. They have the coolest uniform going right now and only the "coolest teams" get to wear them. There are players committing to UNT right now because they will get to wear UA next year. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but its part of the complete “cool” transformation package TD is bringing with him. Be cool and pay the extra money and support UA for supporting TD and UTD. That’s how the sponsorship cycle works.

Poverty mentality? So, if you are not willing to overspend, you're using "poverty mentality?" What crap. Be cool and pay the extra money? The idea that it's "cool" to overpay for goods and services is idiotic. You're not cool if you don't flash cash? That betrays a superficial philosophy to which I do not subscribe. Me, I'm from the school that believes that value is smart and getting my money's worth is just plain common sense. And heaven forbid if one should actually earn the money one is paid.

I do support UNT. I've been buying season tickets for years. I'm a Mean Green Club member. I've bought t-shirts and sweatshirts. I've gone to the New Orleans Bowl. I've spent hours building UNT wallpapers to support this university and then happily given them away. I don't give a flip about being cool, and if UNT loses but looks cool doing it, then nobody else will care either.

Poverty mentality? Well, just remember that a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

I'm not gonna lie but I would like to have more UNT gear but unfortunately I feel it is too pricey for my budget as most of the stuff you can only get at the union bookstore or a few other places in Denton I believe. I know by paying those prices you are still representing your school but I dont go over my budget and pay 20 bucks for a just a tshirt. Frankly I think if the apparel was cheaper at school more people would be more motivated not only to buy much much more but would also make people that have never bought UNT gear to start buying stuff. I know it probably wont happen but I believe they need to lower prices for the gear. I mean as a college student I cant afford a lot of UNT gear and even if you're just an avg joe it aint easy. But maybe its just me.

I'm not gonna lie but I would like to have more UNT gear but unfortunately I feel it is too pricey for my budget as most of the stuff you can only get at the union bookstore or a few other places in Denton I believe. I know by paying those prices you are still representing your school but I dont go over my budget and pay 20 bucks for a just a tshirt. Frankly I think if the apparel was cheaper at school more people would be more motivated not only to buy much much more but would also make people that have never bought UNT gear to start buying stuff. I know it probably wont happen but I believe they need to lower prices for the gear. I mean as a college student I cant afford a lot of UNT gear and even if you're just an avg joe it aint easy. But maybe its just me.

It is not just you. You are showing common sense.

You guys make a nice point about not over-paying but you also have to look into the costs associated with the clothing. I would gladly pay a little more for a shirt that looks nice and is made of nice quality than I would for a crappy shirt of poor quality.

I would hope that our image and clothing would become cool for everyone to wear. I would love to passing through some small city on my way to.....mexico and see some UNT gear. But right now you barely see any of that in Denton. I like the idea of the fitted hats with just the eagle, but I also think that we could do better as far as fashion is concerned.

Lets face it, we're guys, we're not into fashion...right? I believe that to an extent we are. I think that if our clothes and logos were 'cooler' to the majority then we would feel more comfortable about spending the extra money it took to design them.

I would like to see a universal color (forest or dark green, something like the athletic page is) and get AWAY from the light lime green (the color of our main unt.edu page). I would like to see more dark green on black or visa versa. I would like to get our eagle more 'hip'. I would also like to be known as NT and maybe drop the U (if that makes any sense).

I wish there was some way we could get a group together to decide and finalize some of these things.

If getting UA means that NT clothing appears in stores all over the metroplex and the State of Texas, than I am all for it.

I am for it anyway. There will always be high priced and low priced options. The www.MeanGreenGear.com stuff is great and is affordable.

Check in the area the front cash registers (right by the stairs going into the book store). They always have Mean Green gear discounted 20-50% off. It is not always easily visible so you have to look for it. It often includes t-shirts, hats, jackets, etc.

Poverty mentality? Well, just remember that a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

:clapping:

I've seen Texas (and other University's) gear sold all over the metroplex. I can say with confidence that almost none of it was UA gear. I'm sure the brand was something like Russell or some other mid-priced supplier. My point? I would rather have a reasonably priced line of NT gear, that also looked good, spread ALL OVER the metroplex, than the latest "cool" supplier with limited distribution.

The more I save on the gear, the more I have to give directly to the University.

We will NEVER get great distribution or visibility with NT gear until our stuff is sold outside of the bookstore and Voertman's. This is both because you obviously reach more buyers when your product is available at a greater number of retailers but more importantly because Voertman's and the bookstore know they have a virtual monopoly and price accordingly.

UA doesn't sponsor just anybody.

Very debatable...

I mean as a college student I cant afford a lot of UNT gear and even if you're just an avg joe it aint easy. But maybe its just me.

As a college student at NT, you should have a closet full of tshirts you got for free. All you gotta do is show up to games...

Very debatable...

As a college student at NT, you should have a closet full of tshirts you got for free. All you gotta do is show up to games...

I've got a couple stylish ones. First one I ever got had in big block letters...

MEAN GREEN

BASKETBALL

When I wear that to wash my car, they can see that shit from space.

I've got a couple stylish ones. First one I ever got had in big block letters...

MEAN GREEN

BASKETBALL

When I wear that to wash my car, they can see that shit from space.

I have that one, too...and the Mean Green Football one that Dickey gave us at the GMG Bowl.

Maybe we can all wear them one day and some Russian cosmonauts up in the ISS will see them & decide to buy season tickets.

Edited by JayDub

How involved are you in athletics support? Not just as a spectator, but I would suggest getting involved in official Mean Green-affiliated groups. I was in the Green Brigade and Pep Band (but this applies to other groups too) and I got so much free shight, I'm nearly 4 years removed from all of that and still nearly a third of my wardrobe is UNT gear that was just handed to me.

It's a great excuse to get more involved and works to the benefit of both parties: UNT gets more support and you, the broke college student, get free clothing. Kind of like an unofficial sponsorship. :lol:

Not to mention there were opportunities to meet the teams, coaches, and occasionally R.V. Villareal has a great "family" atmosphere going on in athletics, and every one is very appreciative of what we do.

I recall a summer band practice before the '01 season and the entire football team came out to Fouts (they had just finished practice on the other field), gave us all Gatorades, and Villareal (I think DD, too) spoke to us as a group. That was awesome. Additionally, with the extra $ the football team was bringing in from the NO Bowl trips, they pitched in to help with the band polo shirts. I'm not exactly sure about the numbers regarding the Green Brigade's budget, but I'm sure that helped someone's wallet.

We will NEVER get great distribution or visibility with NT gear until our stuff is sold outside of the bookstore and Voertman's. This is both because you obviously reach more buyers when your product is available at a greater number of retailers but more importantly because Voertman's and the bookstore know they have a virtual monopoly and price accordingly.

Sales will increase if our gear looks cool or if our school gets recognized. If they could do both then we would be way on top, but for right now the easiest and fastest thing to do would be revamp our NT clothing line. We have to give people a reason to buy NT stuff. Lets face it there are cotton whores out there just waiting for some cool threds (clothes). If they look cool enough then they may pay more for it.

Sales will increase if our gear looks cool or if our school gets recognized. If they could do both then we would be way on top, but for right now the easiest and fastest thing to do would be revamp our NT clothing line. We have to give people a reason to buy NT stuff. Lets face it there are cotton whores out there just waiting for some cool threds (clothes). If they look cool enough then they may pay more for it.

I think we all generally agree the university needs to decide a name/logo and color they wish to brand (I personally like interlocking NT) and create cool clothing at different price points. The UA is important for recruiting as it helps the winning that is necessary for the recognition. Nobody cared about Boise State until they put together a winning program that could knock off a BSC team on national television. If you can afford UA, get it, if you can’t, get something else. Who knows, maybe TD can score an UA deal for students.