Td Making Preperations

MeanGreen61

I don't know.. you were name dropping a lot, so I took the bait and asked more.

I think for the majority of people here, UNT was not the second choice school, nor the school of last resort. Typically everyone here is proud of their affiliation with their school and hold their degree high.

Let me tell you a story that my wife tells...

This Doctor went to North Texas is one of the most respected Cardiologists in the world. Everyone loved him...

Anyway, I like that story. It is a good joke.. He represents the school well.

Very cool story JD...believe me I love my school and will hold my degree and affiliation with UNT to the fullest and highest til I go 6 feet under. Like most or alot of HS students I didnt know my head from my ass back then and I didnt know what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go. Even before then I always like UNT cuz I would always hear and read about NTSU in the late late 80's and as some of us know you even hear NTSU today and not UNT unfortunately. So if you think UNT was my last and worst choice thats really not the case. I bleed green and theres no other way around it. When I make a statement about the programs I am not putting the school down in any way....I just have the passion for UNT athletics and want them to be the best they can be in front of everybody else.

DD did nothing but beat the spread in the body bag games in his first 6-7 years at UNT. He did it by never taking any big risks. He ran the ball to run the clock out and hoped to keep it close and not get anyone injured. My money would be on a DD coached team to keep it closer....but a TD team to occasionally pull out the win in these situations....if that makes any sense at all....

I disagree here because at the UT game it was more like the Truman Spencer show. I don't see how you can keep it close with lest than 100 yards of total offense. He rode 1 or 2 good recruiting classes and a few great assistants. When they went to other schools and th players graduated, his ship sank. I'l take TD.

Same old mediocre philosophy: Limp through the OOC schedule and try beat the Sun Belt. Ask Todd Dodge if he thinks they have a chance. He will say yes. If he said no, he'd be in the wrong business. Did you hear DD talk to the reporter before the UT game? "They would have to have a real bad game and we would have to play above our level" What exactly is our "level"? And how can you guys say that TD's level is the same as the old coach that we were so fond of?

Ummm...of course he is going to say Yes we have a chance. Whats he gonna say No we dont stand a chance. I bet what we all hear and what his wife and kids hear at night are prob. not the same.

What kind of coach would he be if when asked 'TD do you think UNT stands a chance against OU?'...TD:'Not a chance, lets go get killed team'

I bleed green and theres no other way around it.

I always love it when people say this because I want to ask 'exactly what color of green is it?' is it the light green, forest green, dark green, or lime green?

I think we could really bleed green if we knew exactly what color it was we were bleeding. (I would like to bleed dark green)

What kind of coach would he be if when asked 'TD do you think UNT stands a chance against OU?'...TD:'Not a chance, lets go get killed team'

I can think of that kind of coach...

And, no, the Dodge family doesn't sit around and discuss losing. They pretty much just whip it out side by side on the table every night, laugh at the neighbors, take shots of jack, and then donkey punch terrorists in the face to glean pertinent information to save the US.

On weekends they ice skate.

What games (non conf) did DD beat the spread....UT covered 3 out of 4 times and maybe the OU game when we were down 17-14 late...Even Phil Steele who does betting lines for a living said that Dickey doesn't show up for non conf games. He mentioned in HOuston last year that even w/ a Freshman QB you can name your spread w/ UT vs UNT.

And, no, the Dodge family doesn't sit around and discuss losing. They pretty much just whip it out side by side on the table every night, laugh at the neighbors, take shots of jack, and then donkey punch terrorists in the face to glean pertinent information to save the US.

Damn you quoner! I'm in a meeting and you almost made me laugh out loud. Would have a hard time explaining that one. For a while I thought you might be losing your touch. Not anymore! :lol:

Let's be careful here. TD is good, but I don't think he is Jack Bauer good.

believe it or not i got accepted to OU and Tulsa....heck i got accepted to a lot of places(UT, Pitt, FSU, USC, Rice, Syracuse just to name a few) but chose UNT cuz its close to home and I had a lot of friends there. And afcourse I like the area and campus a lot as well. I'm just speaking the truth.....and those of you are saying that Boise beat OU...yes they did....fair and square but I have excellent news for you....BSU was/is actually a very good team. BSU can whip up on UNT just like OU's 3rd and 4th teamers.

I would think in order to be accepted into a university you would have to be able to form a cogent sentence.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

But I will say this. I am sorry that TD had to come into a schedule like our where his first ever game will be against the Sooners. He will have his hands full thats for sure. I bet he cant wait to get that game over with.

Maybe it's one of the reasons he came here. The guy's a winner; he probably can't wait for the challenge. You better get your razor out.